Autopot deficiency Help

Here in South Florida the aquafer is in limestone deposits. And thus is at a high PH level that is abundant in calcium salts . Pea gravel comes from rivers and old riverbeds. Thus the round and smooth forms. Your gravel may have include limestone gravel. These salts are not water soluble. Your roots after a couple of weeks are starting to reach these high calcium salts. And thus start taking in the salts. I feel that the use of cal/mag is increasing your calcium intake. since the calcium in limestone is not soluble all the washing and rinsing you can do is worthless. I personally do not use cal/mag until I flush the plants thoroughly and start my flower regime. Personally I would get through this grow and dump the pea gravel and use an inert material like Hydroton. You must be wary of what clay pebbles you use. Because clay holds abundant minerals dependent on the source of the clay. That is why I prefer to just use airpots where I can see what is going on with nutrient and moisture levels. And decide how much to water day by day according to moisture levels and hydration of the plants. Cannabis is just a plant and growing it should be made as simple as possible. And not complicated by cool popular gadgets. Just my thoughts. Good luck and keep working at it. Until you are satisfied. It has taken me over fifty years and thousands of plants of dealing with rumors, gossip and bad advise to do so.

Thanks, i am ditching the pea gravel next run as this one is pretty well done in more ways than one

Back