Lighting Autocob Madness

MOLASSES: FEEDING THE SOIL
Your soil is the very foundation of your cannabis grow, it is full of nutrients and microorganisms that all work together to keep your cannabis plant strong and healthy as it grows. Whilst it is important to ensure the nutritional balance of the soil is correct, it is also ensuring that it is a suitable environment microorganisms can thrive in that really separates the good from the expert cultivator.

This is where molasses comes in. While molasses is quite rich in nutrients, it is primarily used as a carbohydrate source for the organisms in your soil, effectively feeding the soil and improving it as a foundation for your cannabis. The microorganisms found within the soil play a vital role in the growth of your cannabis, and they also require the right nutrients to thrive. By giving them molasses you ensure they have what they need, and subsequently boost the structure, moisture retention, microorganism content and efficiency of the soil – which in turn benefits your cannabis.

THE OTHER BENEFITS OF MOLASSES
In addition to improving the base quality of the soil, using molasses to irrigate your crops can also help prevent the build-up of pathogens that will potentially harm your plants, as well are reduce salt build up that can cause nutritional problems. Molasses contains a good amount of macro- and micro-nutrients, all of which are essential to cannabis health to one degree or another. As both macro- and micro-nutrients are not required in huge amounts, it can sometimes be quite hard to diagnose a deficiency. By regularly adding molasses to your grow you can ensure your cannabis has everything it needs.

I’m also a non-flusher. I won’t get into it here but I have done a test on this and know for a fact it’s nothing more than a waste of time. I do find it funny people cleaning their soil before they chop their produces buds. Lol. @pop22 i think I told you about this little test I did.

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it! Can I use molasses in my passive hydro system even though it's not soil? Lol noob knowledge time

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it! Can I use molasses in my passive hydro system even though it's not soil? Lol noob knowledge time

I'm a soil guy no clue :LOLStoned:

I’m not sure but I’d guess it’s not a good idea. I tried it in my res on the blumat system and the whole thing gunked up.

Conventional organics are a no no in hydro........ it makes stuff grow..... everywhere lol!

I'm glad I didn't go buy some haha! It's alright I'm fine with doing straight nutes till cut. I can't wait to smoke these beautiful sticks. Definitely taking longer than expected but oh well .Gotta make sure the GC fatten up real nice like :)

It's official they are cut down my friends. I cut them down last night at day 71 from light flip.the golden cobra fattened up a lot more with the wait and the cookies looked perfectly done as well.

A few pictures but nothing too crazy. I'll have the weight for each stick very soon my friends:)

It was interesting to see how the roots came through the 2l and how much perlite wasn't even being used basically for the roots. You can see each root mass with the excess perlite next to them. The cookies root mass was definitely more pronounced which I'm not surprised by as it was easier to see the cookies roots in the bottom of the 2l.

So far last night my grow room was 68 degrees max with a low of 63 and around 40% humidity for both high and low temps. It's nice to use my grow room for a drying area because there is no smell bombarding my house lol I'm not used to it being so stealthy!!

IMG_20180218_214804693.jpg
IMG_20180218_214752126.jpg
IMG_20180218_212840866.jpg
IMG_20180218_210520668.jpg
IMG_20180218_210503680.jpg

It's official they are cut down my friends. I cut them down last night at day 71 from light flip.the golden cobra fattened up a lot more with the wait and the cookies looked perfectly done as well.

A few pictures but nothing too crazy. I'll have the weight for each stick very soon my friends:)

It was interesting to see how the roots came through the 2l and how much perlite wasn't even being used basically for the roots. You can see each root mass with the excess perlite next to them. The cookies root mass was definitely more pronounced which I'm not surprised by as it was easier to see the cookies roots in the bottom of the 2l.

So far last night my grow room was 68 degrees max with a low of 63 and around 40% humidity for both high and low temps. It's nice to use my grow room for a drying area because there is no smell bombarding my house lol I'm not used to it being so stealthy!!

View attachment 866842 View attachment 866843 View attachment 866844 View attachment 866845 View attachment 866846

That's looking like some good smoke there :drool: good job

That's looking like some good smoke there :drool: good job

Thank you! I wish I had some better pictures but I was lazy last night:p. I'll have more/better pictures when they are dry. I'm definitely ready to see the yield and how good the nug is...I mean I know it'll be good but I'm interested to see how it is without a flush.

They were fed right up until day 69 and then once I saw they were almost ready I let them drink the rest of the "reservoir" they had and then I took them down. First time not flushing so we shall see!

Originally I was hoping for 2.5 zips(10g a stick) from the 7 sticks but I'm kind of worried I won't hit that so I'm going to jump down to 2 zips(8g a stick).

Don't want to be disappointed with my first grow in over 2 years hahaha

Last edited:
@Madness I'm replacing my Timber with 4 more Autocobs :woohoo::woohoo: I'll be running 8 in a 5 x 5 room man these lights really are as good as you can get IMO :headbang:

Didn't know you had a toilet in the grow room :crying::funny:

@Madness I'm replacing my Timber with 4 more Autocobs :woohoo::woohoo: I'll be running 8 in a 5 x 5 room man these lights really are as good as you can get IMO :headbang:

Didn't know you had a toilet in the grow room :crying::funny:

@Dabber
That's so awesome. I tried to get my girlfriend to buy me more autocobs for my birthday but she said "no more dope things." Ugh. I'll just have to buy them myself:)

I totally wish I had another 4 for my 2x4 tent. My photos loved the light so I'm super pumped to get a full room of sticks going.

I think your plants are going to LOVE the extra cobs.

Back