Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

Product Description

The AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light is an excellent indoor grow light for the beginner and advanced indoor gardener alike looking for an affordable solution into extremely efficient grow lighting.

The AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light is a single hanging light fixture designed to be virtually silent, discrete, and a very efficient grow light option for those looking to save money while having a versatile light capable of growing and flowering many types of fruits, vegetables, and other plants. The AutoCOB is a multi-use work horse light that is designed to work very well on it’s own while offering a scalable solution with multiple units to build a powerful and efficient silent array.

COB stands for “Chip-On-Board” and is one of the most cost effective way to put efficient LED’s in a light. Instead of wiring up dozens of smaller LED’s, COB’s basically shrink that down to one chip with one power source and one cooling source.

The AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light is designed from four reliable parts:

Citizen CLU048-1812 COB
Mechatronix 55w Heat Sink
Bjb COB Holder
Meanwell Driver

Features
  • “All-In-One” COB LED, heat sink, and driver! Just hang it with included ratchet hanger and plug it in!
  • Extremely efficient light source; low wattage with extreme amounts of light!
  • Comparable to 150 watts of leading HPS and many LED companies.
  • Offers an expandable and scalable lighting solution to put the light exactly where you need it and when you need it.
  • Virtually silent with passive cooled heat sink! Ultimate in stealth with great heat dissipation! No need for noisy and power consuming fans!
  • 50 thousand hour average life span provides a long lasting light for all of your light cycle needs!
  • Proven and reliable Citizen COB LED technology and powered by a Meanwell 95% efficient driver.
  • 3500K Spectrum. Capable of vegging seedlings to flowering plants from start to finish!
  • Discrete shipping with nothing revealing on the box.
  • 3 Year Warranty!
  • Made and assembled in the Unites States of America!
  • Serviced and warrantied in the Unites States of America!
Dimensions (l x w x h): 5 inches by 5 inches by 5 1/2 inches
Total Actual Watts: 55 watts, .49 amps
Suggested Recommended Coverage Area: 16 inches by 16 inches

20161225_192723 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193010 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193111 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193206 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193217 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193340 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193350 - Copy.jpg
20161225_193411 - Copy.jpg
20161225_194209 - Copy.jpg
20161225_194219 - Copy.jpg
20161225_194303 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a lot like my TGL STAR 60 that I just recieved from Spain. Except for the heatsink, and my light uses the older CBX3070 chip..
Nice and tidy. I still haven't grown anything under it, just tested it on arrival.. Stupid bright :)

What's the price?

Looks a lot like my TGL STAR 60 that I just recieved from Spain. Except for the heatsink, and my light uses the older CBX3070 chip..
Nice and tidy. I still haven't grown anything under it, just tested it on arrival.. Stupid bright :)

What's the price?

$149.99 on www.efficientgrowlights.com , there's also an Amazon option but it's a little more spendy (but peace of mind if you prefer Amazon or use their rewards program!)

Amazon product

These are actually built by one of our head LED guys on the forum, @BigSm0 , and come with a 3 year backed warranty. We're just starting the live product testing with them so if you're on the fence, in a couple months we'll see live journals from start to finish, but they are pretty slick units man, at least from physically handling them and looking them over! We'll see how they stack up!

What a nice intro!

Well I'm sure the cob nuts on AFN are familiar with cobs and cob tech, for those who are not.

Efficiency is a direct relation to how much useable light is generated per watt of electricity. The autocob is low wattage with a very high amount of photons which grows plants.

The single cob idea was designed to get an efficient light option into nearly every grow space. These fit in the smallest space, but also allow growers to slowely increase the number of these until they hit their goals.

Made in the USA! Designed, built and shipped from the USA.

That's pretty much what I paid in Euros.. Here in EU, the COB scene isn't that big just yet, so we're pretty limited in our options..
Probably going to order the 100w version next if(and probably WHEN) I'll get the time to actually grow something with my light.
Would be perfect setup for a Secret Jardin Dark Propagator, 55w on the other side for "vegging" and the 100w on the other when the pistils show. Gonna try some perpetual thing in the coming weeks/months..

Cheers and a happy new year guys..

PS. Yeah, I found the thread just seconds after I posted my Q.

Looks awesome guys. Wish you the very best of luck with the business @BigSm0
Thank you Sanguine! I have been growing with cobs for along time and done very well. I know once these hit the hands of growers the results will speak for themselves. The support is great!

What a nice unit! I like the idea going with small modules as you can place them apart where they need to be. I thought 4000K was optimal for all around between flowering and vegetation but I guess 3500K ended up being a better option for these COB's? They are at 80 CRI right?

What a nice unit! I like the idea going with small modules as you can place them apart where they need to be. I thought 4000K was optimal for all around between flowering and vegetation but I guess 3500K ended up being a better option for these COB's? They are at 80 CRI right?

Thank you. Yes the benefits at really endless with these. 3500k is what the majority uses for veg and flower. I do like the 4000k but it does take a little away from the flowering side. In the end the useable light from these cobs are directed towards veg and flower.

Back