Indoor Auto topping thread

Automazar .7oz the 1 u seen pics of mate;) its on the last page of the topping thread aswell;)

So here is my issue, while topping an auto will work and you will get more main colas I don't think it will produce as much bud as LSTing one, now this is just my opinion and at this moment I do not have any empirical data to support this, it is just what I feel like I have seen in very distant observation. The reason I say that is while a 7 oz yield is WONDERFUL, around here that is a medium to medium high yield. I mean @TaNg grows 200+ gram plants literally almost every time regardless of strain and he doesn't do anything as far as training if he does it is always LST or tying the buds up. Now I know you grow in soil but here is what most believe to be the largest auto ever grown, it is MR. GanjaMoto's 1000 gram AutoUltimate
au.jpg

Also there are several here that have grown 1 lb plants, I am tryin to think who it was that just posted more than a lb automazar grown in dirt but I cant remember who it was right this sec. I know @Fairlynew had a more than a pound Royal Seeds Northern lights that was huge!.

See the big difference here vs any other site is that we ALL grow autos, so it is kinda like going from playing college sports to the pros. In college most people are good and some are great, in the pros everyone is great. You definitely have superior growing skills, I just don't know if I can really ever be convinced that a topped auto will produce more than say an LST or SCROG grown plant. Now this is just my opinion and you grow some super bad ass buds and I am not sayin that what you are doing is wrong in ANY way. Just discussing my views on the topic, happy growing and I am sending super grow karma your way friend

Now there are other advantages to topping and high stress training like keeping your canopy even, I just think the same thing can be achieved with a scrog and that doesn't stress the plant at all

Derek u have some valids points.but i.have never said that u can yield more topping an auto.but in my opinion it does not affect an autos growth at all or shock it if done at the correct time;) which i will prove to u all.my lights a basic led,s mate recently switched from hps. maybe if i had bas ass lights and i grew 1 plant at a time i could hit them targets for sure ;) and topping will not affect the height of an auto its strain dependant.only training and lst will keep them low and for an even canopy.but topping also sets u up with a great training structure.i choose to top autos for more dominant colas and the structure it gives me to work with;) next run il top 1 plant and lst it and leave the other plant and just lst.id do same strain .then that may answer which will yield more;) but i defo dont feel out of debth its a cool.place;) i will prove people wrong;) for sure;) my aim here is to show that u can do whateva u want to autos and will not effect overall yield if done correctly;) and to grow huge monster autos.;)

Derek u have some valids points.but i.have never said that u can yield more topping an auto.but in my opinion it does not affect an autos growth at all or shock it if done at the correct time;) which i will prove to u all.my lights a basic led,s mate recently switched from hps. maybe if i had bas ass lights and i grew 1 plant at a time i could hit them targets for sure ;) and topping will not affect the height of an auto its strain dependant.only training and lst will keep them low and for an even canopy.but topping also sets u up with a great training structure.i choose to top autos for more dominant colas and the structure it gives me to work with;) next run il top 1 plant and lst it and leave the other plant and just lst.id do same strain .then that may answer which will yield more;) but i defo dont feel out of debth its a cool.place;) i will prove people wrong;) for sure;) my aim here is to show that u can do whateva u want to autos and will not effect overall yield if done correctly;) and to grow huge monster autos.;)

So it is a question of yield then, and that being the case unless you do the side by side there is no way to know and even then that is flawed due to phenotypical variance. But from what I have seen it most certainly does affect the height of some strains if you top them. For example, and I may be wrong but in the picture in the tent the plant on the far right that is short is an AutoUltimate right? Man those plants are 3 footers minimum honestly that is the shortest I have ever seen if it is in fact an AU. Again I stress that it is not a bad way to grow by any means it looks like that little bugger is nothing but dense nugs! What I am saying is that due to the natural environment that ruderalis grows in that shock to there system does in fact affect their overall growth. Here is why;

With photo period plants you can top them in veg and give them an extra week to veg. Autos are not this way they grow differently as the do not contain Florigen the hormone that is rendered inactive by light that causes photoperiod plants to flower. So that being said they have a certain amount of time to flower.. period there is no debate about this. I see that one of the things that I read in your other journal is that "They just take an extra week to finish" that is not true you can grow them longer but you have not given them an extra week of life as you do in veg with a photo. Do you see the difference? You actually add an extra week of life to a photoperiod plant by keeping the light cycle where the flowering hormone wont kick in thus extending its overall life by a week. That gives the photo period plant a week to recover from the stress of topping etc. That just is not the case, an autoflowering or ruderalis cannabis plant has a certain amount of days no matter what you do to it so if you stress it by topping it does in fact take time to recover. Now with that being said yes autos are suuuuper hardy and can withstand a lot of abuse, but no matter what you cannot add extra days of life to them you can only stave off harvesting which honestly can degrade the bud.

All this being said lol I still want to do a side by side comparison and get as many of the variables the same as possible inculuding getting two similar phenos and testing them.

The auto ultimate was topped then heavy lstd for an army of colas that why she is that short lol;)

Ok gotcha that makes sense I was really wondering lol, it looks good though. I wanna see what it turns out like it looks like 10 main colas of about 10 grams or so dry a piece which aint bad. Maybe 8 grams a piece I don't have much for scale in the pic

Giving that extra week i can tell u does not effect the quality of the buds of an auto can still finish on time.strain dependant.il defo.do the side by side to show that next run;) i do know this as iv topped most of my autos;)

Back