Indoor Auto Pots, Blueberry Domina, and Hubbabubbasmelloscope!

LOL! He does grow some trees! And I've noticed that his plants have gotten bigger since he went to auto pots. And he also shows many people are over thinking this! He keeps his grows fairly simple, which is my theory for growing also! Auto pots seem a bit "techy" but they are not really. Its a very simple gravity feed system with an ingenious valve that only has, i believe, 4 parts! with just a small amount of maintenance, it should be problem free.

And I'm always game to try something "new " when the evidence says it works and has been around a long time. I'm surprised these propagation pots/trays aren't more popular. They'll get some word of mouth here if they work well!

I need to look at his new videos, I didn't realize he was using autopots. I don't think the system is too techy. If anything, it's pretty primitive without electronics. That's how I prefer it in all honestly, less chance of failing parts. It is going to make my life much easier considering how busy it is.

Keeping an eye on this one. Started reading up on the Autopots recently and may look into getting some down the road. I think the easy2grow version in the large size (two of the 3.9 gal pots in the one tray with a single valve in middle) might wedge into my closet nicely.

Did yours come with the copper disks for the bottom to help with root control? I've read of a very few cases where roots grew down, under, and into the valve. Sounds almost like a urban legend type thing when it goes so far as to mention cases of valves sticking open and flooding grow trays/rooms, though. :smoking:

The Easy to Grow system usues 2.2 gallon pots. Yes, they all come with the root control disk.
Keeping an eye on this one. Started reading up on the Autopots recently and may look into getting some down the road. I think the easy2grow version in the large size (two of the 3.9 gal pots in the one tray with a single valve in middle) might wedge into my closet nicely.

Did yours come with the copper disks for the bottom to help with root control? I've read of a very few cases where roots grew down, under, and into the valve. Sounds almost like a urban legend type thing when it goes so far as to mention cases of valves sticking open and flooding grow trays/rooms, though. :smoking:

I have yet to see any pesky roots poking their inquisitive tips into the tray, even with 150 cm + plants.
I suspect the "copper" on the root control disk is there to prevent any algea in the tray, rather than containing any roots on the lam.

I just got 6 more pots, only the pots sans tray and valve, idea being to veg 6 plants in those pits and then just simply swap them into the tray/valve in the bloom room. I forgot to order the root control disks, and just to vindicate that thoughtful oversight, I'll cut some root disks from garden variety mulch cover material..... This is what I do with Airpots too........ We'll see.

I just realised, I'm using 25 L XL Autopots, maybe root invasiveness is more of a risk, or possibility if you like, in the smaller Autopots.

Anyways, just for peace of mind and as I don't trust those spill trays tents typically comes with, some homemade trays made from EPDM pond liner, gorilla tape, some grommets and ties, are going in underneath the standard spill tray. That's the same material used for ponds and roofs with a 25 years warranty. Better safe than sorry...... With 200 l of potentially leaking water.....

Actually, the copper does control root growth. they make a product called spinrite that you paint on the inside of pots. it prevents root circling because just like air pruning, the root tip dies when it contacts the copper.
I have yet to see any pesky roots poking their inquisitive tips into the tray, even with 150 cm + plants.
I suspect the "copper" on the root control disk is there to prevent any algea in the tray, rather than containing any roots on the lam.

I just got 6 more pots, only the pots sans tray and valve, idea being to veg 6 plants in those pits and then just simply swap them into the tray/valve in the bloom room. I forgot to order the root control disks, and just to vindicate that thoughtful oversight, I'll cut some root disks from garden variety mulch cover material..... This is what I do with Airpots too........ We'll see.

I just realised, I'm using 25 L XL Autopots, maybe root invasiveness is more of a risk, or possibility if you like, in the smaller Autopots.

Anyways, just for peace of mind and as I don't trust those spill trays tents typically comes with, some homemade trays made from EPDM pond liner, gorilla tape, some grommets and ties, are going in underneath the standard spill tray. That's the same material used for ponds and roofs with a 25 years warranty. Better safe than sorry...... With 200 l of potentially leaking water.....

Back