Mr. Ronin

Great goin with this start. Good Luck for ya.

It is interesting you say that about the high altitude. I will be starting mine in a hotter dryer area at about 2000 foot elevation. Will be getting these going in about a week, so we can see any differences.

Karma's

Peace

Eek

Mr. Ronin

Great goin with this start. Good Luck for ya.

It is interesting you say that about the high altitude. I will be starting mine in a hotter dryer area at about 2000 foot elevation. Will be getting these going in about a week, so we can see any differences.

Karma's

Peace

Eek

Thanks Eek.
I'm @ about 5400' with average RH of 15-30%.
We're considered a high plains desert here. Great for growing!
I look forward to your grow.
Here's to a successful start.:Sharing One:

Welcome to a Saturday morning update.
We have a sprout!
ronin-albums-auto-pink-grapefruit-picture346446-img-7644.jpg

Woke up this morning to see her popping her head out of the Root Riot cube.
3 days. Just about right for my germination average.
She is off to go and sit under the light for a few days and then she'll get potted up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ronin, looks like you are off to a good start brother.
Hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair and see follow along, won't be starting mine for a month or so, for growing OD in a hoop house, with supplemental lighting.
This strain's genetics are a bit different than most photosensitive grapefruits, so we'll see how she finishes.
Should be interesting either way.
Yea, you are right, looking forward to see what goodness comes out of the APG, as well as the rest of this round of test strains.

I would say good luck, but looking at your other grows you have skills my brother, so no luck involved needed for ya.

:peace:

Definitely watching this one. I love any kind of citrus type buds. Though Grapefruit is a unique type of citrus smell. Sounds amazingly delicious. Cant wait to see how this one turns out. Blessing, Karma, and some good luck to your new grow.:Sharing One::vibes:

Thanks Eek.
I'm @ about 5400' with average RH of 15-30%.
We're considered a high plains desert here. Great for growing!

So, does that mean I have an advantage being at 7000ft? (as to elevation, not anything else, obviously)

Ronin, looks like you are off to a good start brother.
Hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair and see follow along, won't be starting mine for a month or so, for growing OD in a hoop house, with supplemental lighting.

Yea, you are right, looking forward to see what goodness comes out of the APG, as well as the rest of this round of test strains.

I would say good luck, but looking at your other grows you have skills my brother, so no luck involved needed for ya.

:peace:
Thanks Stickman,
Happy to have you along for this trip. :Sharing One:
Thanks for the compliment.
I'm getting better, every grow is a learning experience to build upon.
I've acquired the skill, now I'm trying to refine it.
Looking forward to your grow as well, I wish I had the capability to grow outdoors. (legalities)
I'd have a forest in my backyard with 300 days of sunshine here.

Definitely watching this one. I love any kind of citrus type buds. Though Grapefruit is a unique type of citrus smell. Sounds amazingly delicious. Cant wait to see how this one turns out. Blessing, Karma, and some good luck to your new grow.:Sharing One::vibes:
Thanks Neko.
I'll be doing my best to get a tree going.

So, does that mean I have an advantage being at 7000ft? (as to elevation, not anything else, obviously)
As growers we try to replicate the ideal natural environment for our plants.
Altitude is one of those factors that can't be replicated. Not easily at least.
Here in Colorado back in the gold rush days, Leadville was the opium capital of the west.
Due to the altitude the poppies grew very well there and can still be found growing wild today.
I would have to think that any strain that is native to higher altitudes would do well here.
For certain strains I would have to say that your altitude would be an advantage.

As growers we try to replicate the ideal natural environment for our plants.
Altitude is one of those factors that can't be replicated. Not easily at least.
Here in Colorado back in the gold rush days, Leadville was the opium capital of the west.
Due to the altitude the poppies grew very well there and can still be found growing wild today.
I would have to think that any strain that is native to higher altitudes would do well here.
For certain strains I would have to say that your altitude would be an advantage.

Hopefully the Chitral Region of Pakistan is at 7000ft. ;)

Hopefully the Chitral Region of Pakistan is at 7000ft. ;)

The main condition that mountain altitudes provide is the relation to the sun, thousands of feet closer to in our atmosphere make a huge difference.
I am not sure that the atmospheric pressure will have more than an incidental affect.
So strictly speaking, a plant grown indoors at sea-level is going to respond the same way a plant grown indoors at 7000' assuming all other conditions are similar.
PS Chitral goes almost as high as it gets.

Good Luck!

Welcome to a Sunday evening update.
Day 1.
She was ready to get her housing upgraded today.
ronin-albums-auto-pink-grapefruit-picture346890-img-7647.jpg

ronin-albums-auto-pink-grapefruit-picture346889-img-7649.jpg

ronin-albums-auto-pink-grapefruit-picture346888-img-7657.jpg

She got potted up with the Botanicare coco and I added some Great White myco to the mix.
Gave her a drink with a dilute solution and she is now in the light with her sisters.

Thanks for stopping by!

that stem looks interesting pro, looks purple and already spreding tri's! wow:drool:

Back