SSSC Auto Creeper Communal thread

:yeahthat: RT-Z has you well sorted mate, I defer to him in all things coco! I think 2.1 is a bit rich, betting some minor lockout of micro's is happening (looks like B or Mn, justa touch, hard to call yet fortunately!).... maybe reduce the EC going in a couple few tenths after doing a solid flush.... I think RT told me he likes to keep his run-off EC no more than 0.3 more than inputs?
She's a gorgeous specimen Mugs, definitely a more chunky-bud type pheno',... I wish the SSSC folks would pop in here and enlighten us all about what they see and have to say!

@St. Tom :drool: she ready! ... Spank her, thank her and send us all samples forthwith - :crying:.... she's going to dry beautifully, full of glassy trich's! More smell info please, find a good nose would yeh?!

@Duggy :spels: another Looker mate, and robust in build! I wonder what she'll do in stretch,... I'm betting you have the same pheno' as Mugwamp here!

>>> update <<<<

My #2 gal is stretching some finally, so we'll see how she stacks nodes now! ....3 weeks+

View attachment 1198877View attachment 1198878

#1 first germe'd wonky is shaping up very well, if petite.... We'll see if a "risky" transplant may be needed, but for now, it's fine,.... Plus she's now officially an outside plant, zero room in the tent!
View attachment 1198879View attachment 1198880
For coco I always add CalMag, especially when using top notch LED's, these full spectrum lights, certainly help with nutrient uptake, so a good calmag regime from the start uis essential.
I follow feed chart of my brand of nutes, that i am using.
You will soon see if your feeding to hard as you will get tip burn.
If your driving too hard in veg you may not only see tip burn but also clawing from nitrogen toxicity.
If you get those signs, that your girl is a fussy feeder (often happens with sativas and sativa heavy hybrids) then back off the EC of you feed.
Have a wet/dry cycle (but not too dry), as this allows the coco ph to fluctuate a bit , allowing for all nutrient to be taken up.
I always use Mycorrhizae as this helps water and nutrient uptake.
I use DTW (Drain To Waste) to approx 30% run off this allows for excess salt to be flushed through. (some prefer this to be 20%)
I have never measured run off, if you have sufficient run off when you feed, you shouldn't have a salt build up.
I never flush, this is a contentious issue for many growers. Some flush some don't!
If you would like to find out more about whether flushing is necessary talk to pop22, he has looked in to the subject and make some good arguments for not doing it! However each to their own, I support people growing the way they wish, as long as they get a good crop keep doing what you do!
That's my two cents, dunno if that helps but hope there may have been something useful for you there!

that dwarfing method is insane its crazy what folks can grow in small spaces also @Waira i wish i could send you a sample once shes down and chopped if I'm honest I'm counting days till i can have a sly vape also arty the people at sanlight are sending me there new dimmable model so that will be incoming in the next few weeks they also have a youtube channel now
Woo hooo way to go Tom!!:yay:
I can't wait!:woohoo1:

:yeahthat: RT-Z has you well sorted mate, I defer to him in all things coco! I think 2.1 is a bit rich, betting some minor lockout of micro's is happening (looks like B or Mn, justa touch, hard to call yet fortunately!).... maybe reduce the EC going in a couple few tenths after doing a solid flush.... I think RT told me he likes to keep his run-off EC no more than 0.3 more than inputs?
She's a gorgeous specimen Mugs, definitely a more chunky-bud type pheno',... I wish the SSSC folks would pop in here and enlighten us all about what they see and have to say!

@St. Tom :drool: she ready! ... Spank her, thank her and send us all samples forthwith - :crying:.... she's going to dry beautifully, full of glassy trich's! More smell info please, find a good nose would yeh?!

@Duggy :spels: another Looker mate, and robust in build! I wonder what she'll do in stretch,... I'm betting you have the same pheno' as Mugwamp here!

>>> update <<<<

My #2 gal is stretching some finally, so we'll see how she stacks nodes now! ....3 weeks+

View attachment 1198877View attachment 1198878

#1 first germe'd wonky is shaping up very well, if petite.... We'll see if a "risky" transplant may be needed, but for now, it's fine,.... Plus she's now officially an outside plant, zero room in the tent!
View attachment 1198879View attachment 1198880
Bigger pot can lead to bigger plants.
I just saw your grow space and I'm guessing 24" x 18" (60cm x 45cm) Am I in the ballpark?
You may have to stick with smaller pots and water more often!
Or you might try drip feeding or some other watering method or just accept you may have to water more often.
That's the thing there are so many grow styles and methods, it often comes down to developing a personal style, when growing in small grow spaces!
Growing in small spaces, is something I am used to and it can teach you valuable ways to grow and make you use your intuition and your brain!
That for me is part of the challenge and fun!

If you want to keep plants smaller in size but still get a good yield you can try keeping lights closer in early veg, this will keep the plant from stretching to the light and keep the internodes tighter. You need to keep an eye on them so as not to give them toxic levels of light.

I also use a dwarfing method, I have been working on over the years, start In 1 liter pots and grow in them, for the whole veg period!
Then at the first sign of sex (very first pistil) transplant to final pot, the transplant shock, will stop the stretch phase. After that keep temps at the same temp 24 hours a day by either having a 24 hour light cycle or using a thermostatic heater. The reason for this is if you have a temp swing, this encourages stretch. The bigger the swing the bigger the stretch.

Here is a Trippy gorilla (basically an auto Gorilla Glue) I grew by dwarfing by the method I just described.
She was grown in a 15 Liter pot.
View attachment 1198881

However I must stress that if you miss the window (first sign of sex) your plants can get much bigger (strain can also affect the final size).
Here is my Fruitcake Auto I am currently growing in my 2' x 2' tent. she was dwarfed but I was a little late on the transplant.
View attachment 1198882
Not too tall but my god she is wide! 8.5 liter solid pot used! she is 4 times the size of Trippy gorilla!

Funny but true, the smaller plant was grown in a bigger pot and vice versa!
So strain and grow method (timing) can also make a difference!
Thanks very much guys :pighug: all info and advice (or criticism) :rofl: is greatly appreciated and I'll be changing my routine from now on :toke: I'm still going to have to do a little homework on the subject, but you've given me a push in the right direction so thankyou :d5:
Arty my tent is actually 120x80x180 it just looks small with the big lass in it :crying:

Thanks very much guys :pighug: all info and advice (or criticism) :rofl: is greatly appreciated and I'll be changing my routine from now on :toke: I'm still going to have to do a little homework on the subject, but you've given me a push in the right direction so thankyou :d5:
Arty my tent is actually 120x80x180 it just looks small with the big lass in it :crying:
hehe goes to show without scale, sizes can be deceptive. I guessed half the size lol!:size:
Yup the big lass threw me off! :dancer:
Remember advice given, is only ever that, always use your own judgement and do things your way, if that's how you want to grow, then do it.
I never let anyone put me off from doing what I wanted to do, I always did a lot of research and for the most part found my own way!
By observing your grows, your plants will teach you a lot.
Advice and opinions shouldn't be ignored but they should be given thought & consideration, as they are good starting point to find out more through reading journals and searching the interweb!
I only share what I have found to work for me and I willingly pass it on to those who will listen and find it informative!

hehe goes to show without scale, sizes can be deceptive. I guessed half the size lol!:size:
Remember advice given, is only ever that, always use your own judgement and do things your way, if that's how you want to grow, then do it.
I never let anyone put me off from doing what I wanted to do, I always did a lot of research and for the most part found my own way!
Advice and opinions shouldn't be ignored but they should be given thought & consideration, as they are good starting point to find out more through reading journals and searching the interweb!
I only share what I have found to work for me and I willingly pass it on to those who will listen and find it informative!
Well put Arty I have learned most by reading first then observing my plants.

No thankyou, it's given me the kick up the arse I needed to research the subject more thoroughly :thumbsup: I've already learnt a fair bit more in a day than I knew before, so thanks for your help :pass:

Thanks mate it's nice of you to say :pighug: but really its good people like you and a few others here on AFN who deserve most of the credit, as I wouldn't be where I am now without you all. It's almost 2 years since I started this amazing hobby, in an old wardrobe, 36w cfls and with tin foil on walls :crying: oh the good old daysView attachment 1198546
Pretty much the same set I first had around the same time! :thumbsup:

Pretty much the same set I first had around the same time! :thumbsup:
Hahaha the old poor man's grow tent :crying: I suppose we had to start somewhere, thankfully we've both gone up in the world since :thumbsup:

What's happened here then?

IMG_20200605_152032.jpg

Germed another breeder/strain at same time and no issues with it

Hiya!! :D

Sorry the updates have been a bit thin! Here's some later flowering shots.
Mines only little in comparisson with some of the others here ... but she's still quite pretty and been fairly trouble free / low maintenance!

full

full

Hope you're all well and staying safe!!

:bighug:

Back