Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Hey everyone. Just joined up recently, but have been doing some research on the site for a little while now. Have just started growing indoors again in the last 12+ months after having 15 years off, and have just started my first Autoflower grow Newbie to Autoflowers .. needing some guidance please | The Autoflower Network. Just found this thread today and wanted to say hello to my fellow Australian growers, I'm from SE Victoria. Look forward to having a chat and getting some local advice on a few things. Cheers.
Hey bro..... Welcome to AFN....... Im Aus too....... Ever need a hand with ur autos don't hesitate to ask....... If I can't help...... I can most certainly point you in the direction of the person who can....... :pighug:

And yeah..... Oz stoners is fucked
Yeah it's certainly gone downhill these days. Buzzo the Auto king was a good source of advice and a decent breeder too but his account had been inactive for over a year. I hope he didn't get busted

Me bro....... Blackstrap and anvil by mandalorian and critical by Buddha seedsView attachment 1353435thats the anvil..... Lol
You are killing it bro.. that plant looks so healthy.. well done!

I got hold of some anvil probably from the same place you did. Will be popping them for my next run. Hope I can them looking like yours.

Which grow style are you running?

Hey bro..... Welcome to AFN....... Im Aus too....... Ever need a hand with ur autos don't hesitate to ask....... If I can't help...... I can most certainly point you in the direction of the person who can....... :pighug:
Thanks buddy .. I appreciate it. Still a bit nervous with the first Auto grow hahaha, but slowly starting to enjoy it more. Great to know there is a few fellow Aussies on here. Cheers

You are killing it bro.. that plant looks so healthy.. well done!

I got hold of some anvil probably from the same place you did. Will be popping them for my next run. Hope I can them looking like yours.

Which grow style are you running?
Yeah I'd say we got the same seed guy...... I also got the blackstrap..... Lol....... I also buy from Linda seeds, they deliver to Aus and I've never had any problems...... Literally 100s of breeders and 1000s of strains......... As for my grow, I'm in a low fert soil mix and I'm feeding advanced nutrients......600w hps..... I'll chuck another pic up tonight when I get a chance..... She's much bigger now and the blackstrap not far behind her......

@CrookDog sorry to jump in on your conversation with @Autofire, but after reading your last comment I had to ask a couple of questions haha. I have got my last two seed orders through CM Seeds here in Australia, but want to expand the variety of strains I grow, Photo and Auto. Im pretty sure I know where you got the Mandalorian and Buddha strains from, another local bank, but they seem to sell out quite quickly. Had a look at the Linda Seeds site, quite impressive. Just wondering how you paid for them and how long the delivery usually takes?

Also got a question about lighting .. if you don't mind. I'm using a 600w MH for veg and swapping to 600w HPS for flowering. I have the light sitting at 23" from canopy at the moment on their 4th week since breaking ground. Do you think I should have the light closer? They seem to be growing well and are healthy, just not sure if Im getting the growth rate I should be due to not enough light. Also .. was wondering when the best time to change the globe to HPS .. was thinking during the transition week from veg to flowering nutes? Any help would be greatly appreciated mate. Cheers

@CrookDog sorry to jump in on your conversation with @Autofire, but after reading your last comment I had to ask a couple of questions haha. I have got my last two seed orders through CM Seeds here in Australia, but want to expand the variety of strains I grow, Photo and Auto. Im pretty sure I know where you got the Mandalorian and Buddha strains from, another local bank, but they seem to sell out quite quickly. Had a look at the Linda Seeds site, quite impressive. Just wondering how you paid for them and how long the delivery usually takes?

Also got a question about lighting .. if you don't mind. I'm using a 600w MH for veg and swapping to 600w HPS for flowering. I have the light sitting at 23" from canopy at the moment on their 4th week since breaking ground. Do you think I should have the light closer? They seem to be growing well and are healthy, just not sure if Im getting the growth rate I should be due to not enough light. Also .. was wondering when the best time to change the globe to HPS .. was thinking during the transition week from veg to flowering nutes? Any help would be greatly appreciated mate. Cheers
Hey brother....... Linda seeds does visa, MasterCard and cash by mail...... One order I made took 19 days, another took 31...... The order Ive recently made looks like it will be here in a few days..... Somewhere around 25 days I'd reckon...

I also do a progressive HID lighting method...... MH to hps...... However your questions about canopy spacing and light change-over can only really be answered if I can see your plants......... Are you doing a journal?

Hey brother....... Linda seeds does visa, MasterCard and cash by mail...... One order I made took 19 days, another took 31...... The order Ive recently made looks like it will be here in a few days..... Somewhere around 25 days I'd reckon...

I also do a progressive HID lighting method...... MH to hps...... However your questions about canopy spacing and light change-over can only really be answered if I can see your plants......... Are you doing a journal?
Thanks buddy, will give Linda seeds a go for my next order, great variety of strains and breeders.

I cant actually believe that I actually found someone who is using the same old school lights as me, so hard to find good info on them these days. I have started a sort of a grow journal, started off as just introducing myself and asking for some advice, will put the link below. Cheers

Newbie to Autoflowers .. needing some guidance please | The Autoflower Network

Thanks buddy, will give Linda seeds a go for my next order, great variety of strains and breeders.

I cant actually believe that I actually found someone who is using the same old school lights as me, so hard to find good info on them these days. I have started a sort of a grow journal, started off as just introducing myself and asking for some advice, will put the link below. Cheers

Newbie to Autoflowers .. needing some guidance please | The Autoflower Network
Haha, don't believe everything you hear about led lights bro....... I realise there cheap to run but if you look at the breeders notes from nearly any reputable dealer and you'll see that under lighting it will say grown under hps....... Led does have advantages, mostly the fact that they are cool allowing you to control your environment much easier........ However....... The raw power of HID lighting will always win......... Took this snap this morning
IMG20210818095432.jpg

Haha, don't believe everything you hear about led lights bro....... I realise there cheap to run but if you look at the breeders notes from nearly any reputable dealer and you'll see that under lighting it will say grown under hps....... Led does have advantages, mostly the fact that they are cool allowing you to control your environment much easier........ However....... The raw power of HID lighting will always win......... Took this snap this morningView attachment 1356621
You never know until you give it go mate. A lot of old school growers are making the switch over to LED's and getting impressive results.

I average about 1.5 grams per watt from my LED's Can't say if it makes any diff quality wise because I've never run HID. But I know for a fact that my harvest weights are on point.

Back