Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Hey @heatyyameaty welcome to the team mate, and yeah it’ll grow, won’t be to it’s full potential of course but, if your lucky the lower temps might help bring out some colour! Pretty cool that you can grow this time of year!
@Jose_Fuego you’ll thank yourself you did brother, I’ve always used herbies and bonza seeds, didn’t know we had any seed banks here? Got some links cobba?
Hey man , thanks for the reply , i used frosty flowers www.frostyflowers.com.au, hopefully yea , its growing just a bit slow, here she is just on day 14
Cheers

Attachments

• 20200508_081540.jpg
    20200508_081540.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200508_081542.jpg
    20200508_081542.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 67
Hey @heatyyameaty welcome to the team mate, and yeah it’ll grow, won’t be to it’s full potential of course but, if your lucky the lower temps might help bring out some colour! Pretty cool that you can grow this time of year!
@Jose_Fuego you’ll thank yourself you did brother, I’ve always used herbies and bonza seeds, didn’t know we had any seed banks here? Got some links cobba?

Hey Budson
There's one called aussie canna but their website is under construction atm. I've seen mention of caveman seeds being australian but they don't have much stock and I can't find any information about whether they accept cash or not. Fingers crossed I can get a few auto beans before spring... I got a bit of compost cooking and looking forward to see if I can learn the ways of the greenthumb and produce something myself

Oh coolness @heatyyameaty .... Will definitely have to check them out.
She's looking good from here mate.... hopefully she'll get through winter for ya.
Its growing ok , i uploaded new pics day 15 today , still hoping its an auto as they sent me one photo and i mixed them up and this is the only on that sprouted lol is there anyway to tell this early or just have to wait?

Attachments

• 20200509_160522.jpg
    20200509_160522.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200509_160516.jpg
    20200509_160516.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 63
Its growing ok , i uploaded new pics day 15 today , still hoping its an auto as they sent me one photo and i mixed them up and this is the only on that sprouted lol is there anyway to tell this early or just have to wait?

I think you may have to wait ...and seeing as though we're coming in to winter and the days getting shorter it's probably harder again. It will probably be stunted either way but you should be able to get a bit of quality smoke if you can nurse it through :baked:

It might be worth your while to post your pics up in the "New growers grow journal" thread.
Someone will definitely be able to help with any deficiencies or what to expect growing through winter

Sorry I'd love to help but I'm not exactly wealth of information haha

Last edited:
@Jose_Fuego checked out caveman, definitely an Aussie site, but tells me they have no products, if your afraid of ordering from over seas don’t be, ive personally used bonza, herbies, and seedsman, you’ll easily have beans in time :smoking:

What’s in your compost? I’ve got some cooking as well, I’ll be starting prep work for my guerilla grow soon, not looking forward to dragging the compost out there :wall:

@Jose_Fuego checked out caveman, definitely an Aussie site, but tells me they have no products, if your afraid of ordering from over seas don’t be, ive personally used bonza, herbies, and seedsman, you’ll easily have beans in time :smoking:

What’s in your compost? I’ve got some cooking as well, I’ll be starting prep work for my guerilla grow soon, not looking forward to dragging the compost out there :wall:

Will have to look in to the seed situation

As far as the compost it's mostly grass clippings, leaves, veg leftovers, egg shells etc in a compost bin...over the years it's been emptied a few times in to a patch about 2x2 metres and turned through. Shitloads of worms getting around in it. Was always earmarked for a veggie patch that never eventuated so I figure it's probably ideal to give an auto a go.... maybe in a pot for portability

The other day I bought some bags of organic tomato compost from bunnings and was going to dig that through and maybe some lime and let that settle in over the winter.... but I'd be guessing as to whether that's beneficial or screwing up what I currently have :help: haha

Will have to look in to the seed situation

As far as the compost it's mostly grass clippings, leaves, veg leftovers, egg shells etc in a compost bin...over the years it's been emptied a few times in to a patch about 2x2 metres and turned through. Shitloads of worms getting around in it. Was always earmarked for a veggie patch that never eventuated so I figure it's probably ideal to give an auto a go.... maybe in a pot for portability

The other day I bought some bags of organic tomato compost from bunnings and was going to dig that through and maybe some lime and let that settle in over the winter.... but I'd be guessing as to whether that's beneficial or screwing up what I currently have :help: haha
Nice, same as mine, I’ve just got some added cow manure, went to dig a bit up for my winter veggie patch the other day, to find spuds and cherry tomatoes growing hahaha
Hey have you seen those garden trolleys? If your looking for portability I’d give that a go, I’m getting one for this outdoor season, won’t find me dragging around 50lt pots in the backyard again :nono: :mrgreen:

Wouldn’t hurt to try adding it mate, have you used much bagged soils ect from Bunnings? I’m still trying to find a half decent one that doesn’t need anything extra added to it

Back