Lighting Are these leds any good? Probably a disaster

So instead of having one piece of junk, you now have a pile of junk, why not spend all the money on one good light and then get one more good one down the line, good ones will last longer as well

Big non smoker advise
Ah, not sure how you meant that but....
My suggestion was simply because you were concerned your lights aren't up to snuff. Hence your mention of 5 lights and 30 plants means 6 plants per lamp. That's a lot of plant : light needs.

A test run of a single just to see what you're working with. That's all. Even if you got cheap seeds, say $5 each, that's still what $150 of seeds if you shoot your whole 30 at once.

Good luck man. As was suggested, these are weeds and will probably be fine.

Right now you can buy a decent light for a good deal. Chiled has their growcraft lights at 30% off plus another 5% with coupon code. California lightworks has 20% off everything and a few other sites have good lights at killer deals. Google black friday grow light sales and coupons codes. I went down the Amazon, Chinese led road at 1st too and it was a disaster.

You can buy an American made HGL for 100 bucks.

@Alphazamboni :welcome:welcome to AFN:welcome:I think you are setting yourself up for failure. I am not talking about the lights, a 3 gallon pot of soil water only will not make it across the finish line. With really good Sohum like Living soil you might make it with a 5 gallon pot but I would go 7 gallon. A typical plant needs ~4ft² so you need 120ft² for 30 plants not counting room to move around in. So that is two 8x8 ft tents maybe if they open from all sides to reach in. Even at that the middle is 4 feet away and my arms are not that long. Realistically you need more space than that. Depending on the quality and spectrum of the cobs you need ~30 actual watts per plant but the spacing of the cobs in the fixtures concentrates the light in too small of a foot print. So using the HIDs you will have enough light but distribution and controlling the lights physical locaton will be time consuming and difficult not to mention a lot of heat.

:goodluck:

Back