Lighting Are these leds any good? Probably a disaster

Reaction score
Just got these bad boys. With all that wattage it seemed like a no brained but now I’m feeling these lights are junk. I have five of these
1605736368701.png

Just trying to figure out if I should chalk this up to an L or try and put better chips in there

I also have one panel that has nine cob (same brand sunnine I think)

so yea 5 800w and one 1800w. Wanted to stuff as many plants under these as I can

It's all about the power from the wall... personally I'd not accept the delivery soo they get returned for free!... save you alot of hassle!.. for what you're spending there's so much more/better out there... what size space are you gonna be growing in?...
Easy now!..

If you can, return them. If not, try them as they are, don’t modify them. Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

Did you just order those or is this a product you already own 5 of and are considering trying to use them for growing?

The MarsHydro ts1000 is $140 and by all accounts and reviews a very good and proven lamp for the money. The $30 extra will get you a well recieved product. Plus the company is very responsive and their reps actually answer stuff on here.

It's all about the power from the wall... personally I'd not accept the delivery soo they get returned for free!... save you alot of hassle!.. for what you're spending there's so much more/better out there... what size space are you gonna be growing in?...
Easy now!..

:yeahthat:

These lights are Craigslist specials. Didn’t realize how junky they where till I already bought them. I’m telling you. Red metal case looked sweet and high watts totally made me think it was a no brained but I was very wrong. They seem to work fine

I’m trying to go as big as possible... but the goal is 30 plants.

These lights are Craigslist specials. Didn’t realize how junky they where till I already bought them. I’m telling you. Red metal case looked sweet and high watts totally made me think it was a no brained but I was very wrong. They seem to work fine

I’m trying to go as big as possible... but the goal is 30 plants.

What size space are you working with? What's your budget?

If you're already stuck with them you could try growing one plant to start. Then you'll have an idea if they are useable or not. 30 plants is going to be pretty large space wise.

When I was changing from hps to led years ago, I bought the cheapest shit I could find....50 bucks for "600w"(100w wall)...but the damn thing actually grew weed and proved led could work. Since then, I moved from blurples to white lights to qbs qnd found all the cheap shit will grow weed...just not maybe the amount or size you may desire.

I’m honestly thinking of buying 4 600w and sprinkling all these led Craigslist specials.

total light count would be
5 Chinese 4cob led
1 Chinese 9cob led
1 solarstorm 400w led (i bet from 2012-14 a quantum board type or w/e)
4 600w hps/mh no cooling tubes just wide open

Idk if heats an issue in the winter but stuff as many 3gal pots under there. Worm casting/soil/perlite. Water only. Hps lights are barbaric but it’s full proof. And stretch the grow area with these Craigslist led lights. One run for fun

Back