Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for sure! And thank you for caring enough to ask!

Well she's had every test user the sun for a week and everything is negative. They THINK its glucose related but aren't sure. So basically we and they don't know... But her body kept up with the fasting and her glucose levels were normal and no adverse effects so its really odd she had ketones in her urine and glucose was at 44... And they don't know why and she hasn't done it again...

She looks to go home tomorrow morning with a glucose monitor... So its a scary situation not knowing... But glad she's good now...

Thank you!!
Wonderful news to hear she's scheduled to go home! You know I have hypoglycemic trouble, but what's odd is that when I was very young, my mother tells me that I'd sleep so deeply at times, it was like a coma. The doctors at that point just began a long string of meds that ultimately did more harm than good. It's good they've realized glucose may be a factor. I wish someone had thought of that 30 years ago!
:pass:

DSCN0772.JPG

Happy New Year @Rebel !!!
:bighug:

Happy New Year @Eyeoftheworld !! I hope you had a great night! :bighug:

Wonderful news to hear she's scheduled to go home! You know I have hypoglycemic trouble, but what's odd is that when I was very young, my mother tells me that I'd sleep so deeply at times, it was like a coma. The doctors at that point just began a long string of meds that ultimately did more harm than good. It's good they've realized glucose may be a factor. I wish someone had thought of that 30 years ago!
:pass:

Yeah its really odd.. They it put her in a glucose fasting diet. My cousin even did it along with her... And she did good! Her levels were fine. They thought maybe her body wasn't keeping up with the need between meals but they haven't been able to reproduce what happened. Its weird. And scary because there's nothing to say it couldn't happen again... So... There's much research to be done! But the fact she's probably going home tomorrow is awesome. :pass:

I haven't heard that in yrs.. Cheers Arch! Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back