Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year @Mossy :bighug:How are your doggies this morning?

Sleeping..coz they didn't get much done last night..:coffee:..the old one is snoring her head off on the settee.
The young one has been banished coz she has been eating garlic sausage and she has a nasty wind problem..:gassy1:..hubby actually got off the settee and Ran to get away from it..:crying:

Suckling pig in the oven!! :pighug: nom nom nom. That's pretty much all I have planned for today. It's scored and well salted, should be sitting down to eat around 13:30.

Hubby was supposed to bring ours from home yesterday to defrost..and forgot..but he brought steak and pork chops in..so we won't starve...:chef:

Our house is quite high above sea level..so you can See all the fireworks in all the surrounding towns..cheap house..million dollar View.

Down here I just dropped all the blinds to try to keep the noise out...but it didn't do much.

Now we are waiting in for the builder to come look at the broken fence..tell us how much that is going to cost.
Infuriatingly..hubby didn't pin him down to a time..so we are stuck here waiting..when I'd like to be up Home phoning the Family. Hey Ho..:headbang:..we are getting the land line transferred here as soon as the technico comes.
That will make life easier.

Did the cat get spooked...?

image.jpeg

They do lovely pork in Spain..each of those chops normally cost about 1-1.20 euros each..excellent value.

We are looking for a good butchers here.
The guy who helps us out is Ghanese..he's worked most of the local farms..I was asking with butchers the local lamb goes through..we know they are grass fed..he says oh the shepheard will sell you some..butcher if fresh for you..
But..it will be cheaper if you bring it here and Kill it yourself..:yoinks:..needless to say..we are still waiting on lamb..:coffee:

Last edited:
Did the cat get spooked...?

View attachment 680571
What, you mean when he ran away? No he was just being really playful and excitable, saw the opportunity because I was making our pomadas and hubby had his hands full, and off he went, the little sod. He's been out this morning ON THE HARNESS lol, he's grounded!

The fireworks didn't bother him much, only the really big bangs made him a bit wide-eyed. He's more disconcerted by the upstairs neighbours than he was by the fireworks... He's pretty noise-tolerant.

PS photo to follow of the piggy when it's done! Steaks and chops look grand!

What, you mean when he ran away? No he was just being really playful and excitable, saw the opportunity because I was making our pomadas and hubby had his hands full, and off he went, the little sod. He's been out this morning ON THE HARNESS lol, he's grounded!

The fireworks didn't bother him much, only the really big bangs made him a bit wide-eyed. He's more disconcerted by the upstairs neighbours than he was by the fireworks... He's pretty noise-tolerant.

PS photo to follow of the piggy when it's done! Steaks and chops look grand!

Just like children..if you take your eyes off them for two seconds...:coffee:..yeah..show the piggy..and I'll torment hubby with what we could have had...:biggrin:..

Finally managed to free the flip-flops...:headbang:..took some pulling..:coffee:

image.jpeg

Ground is still spongy as hell though..it'll be a while before I can do planned planting..it will have to be rotovated again..it sets like concrete..

Apart from me favourite lavender...:nono:..most stuff seems okay..but there is time for rot yet..ground is still saturated.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I Think the toms will die off too..but hey..January..:shrug:..they shouldn't really be outdoors anyway..:coffee:..can't complain.
The runner beans are dead though..I had to cut a break to harvest them..and I failed...better luck next year..ooopps..this year..winter season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back