Grow Room archie has another go at 1L airpots

cheers folks :pass:my mix is pretty light Maria,ideal for my 6L pots but i stopped using them for a bit.4:2:1 soil/perlight/vermiculite.next time will have more vermiculite less perlight.im also going to stuff a couple of pairs of shoe laces in the pot with a bit hanging out the bottom so i can bottom feed/wick.must find some deeper trays to.
:welcome: along Wietie its a challenge allright :oops1:but im going for variety not weight,otherwise id be pulling my hair out and kicking the imaginary dog :deadhorse:
cheers hairy :pass:i come round to the thinking that the big splotches on the fans and general poor condition of them is more drying out/ph fluctuations....i know in coco ph can go bonkers in a dry pot,im guessing soil to but maybe not quite to the same extent ?
this just goes to show how big an eejit i am :wall:never used coco so why do i know stuff about it and not soil which is all i ever grown in :shrug:and i come to the drying out conclusion without even looking up what def splotchy might be :doh:
one pot was real dry today.i fed it 250ml and im sure 200 ran straight through it.so i just plain watered it for about 10 mins then mixed up another feed.
:pighug:

cheers folks :pass:my mix is pretty light Maria,ideal for my 6L pots but i stopped using them for a bit.4:2:1 soil/perlight/vermiculite.next time will have more vermiculite less perlight.im also going to stuff a couple of pairs of shoe laces in the pot with a bit hanging out the bottom so i can bottom feed/wick.must find some deeper trays to.
:welcome: along Wietie its a challenge allright :oops1:but im going for variety not weight,otherwise id be pulling my hair out and kicking the imaginary dog :deadhorse:
cheers hairy :pass:i come round to the thinking that the big splotches on the fans and general poor condition of them is more drying out/ph fluctuations....i know in coco ph can go bonkers in a dry pot,im guessing soil to but maybe not quite to the same extent ?
this just goes to show how big an eejit i am :wall:never used coco so why do i know stuff about it and not soil which is all i ever grown in :shrug:and i come to the drying out conclusion without even looking up what def splotchy might be :doh:
one pot was real dry today.i fed it 250ml and im sure 200 ran straight through it.so i just plain watered it for about 10 mins then mixed up another feed.

You will get it fine tuned at some point :toke:
,,, I got my shoe laces ready for my pop bottles :thumbsup:
I struggled with them 1ltr pots at first , I have another 2 ltr pot going well :thumbsup:

The water running right through is what started me dunking them in a bucket till the air bubbles stopped leaking out the pot:thumbsup:

Mix sounds a lot like mine, mostly soil plus perlite and some claytron.
I used to use vermiculite, but here it's very wet, don't need more water retention.

I put those coco fiber mats at the bottom of my pots.
Not coco coir, but the matting used for hanging plants.
And so when I water and the run off goes through to the pan,
but then over the next few minutes it gets sucked back up wick style.
Though... sometimes this seems to keep the bottom too dry,
as the roots don't come through to the bottom that much.
Still working on this. My pots have big slits at the bottom,
kind of pseudo-air-pots, but if I don't put the coco mat,
I'm afraid the soil will just wash out or fall out through the slits. :p

O
Mix sounds a lot like mine, mostly soil plus perlite and some claytron.
I used to use vermiculite, but here it's very wet, don't need more water retention.

I put those coco fiber mats at the bottom of my pots.
Not coco coir, but the matting used for hanging plants.
And so when I water and the run off goes through to the pan,
but then over the next few minutes it gets sucked back up wick style.
Though... sometimes this seems to keep the bottom too dry,
as the roots don't come through to the bottom that much.
Still working on this. My pots have big slits at the bottom,
kind of pseudo-air-pots, but if I don't put the coco mat,
I'm afraid the soil will just wash out or fall out through the slits. :p

I know the stuff you mean ,,,you got me thinking :toke:

:thumbsup:

Back