Mephisto Genetics Another Dream Farm Project!

And of course I looked this morning and none of the gorillasquatch had cracked so I dropped the other 5 I had. I go back out there and two of them had cracked and little taproots had started. So one of Them went into its forever home and the other I am waiting for a little more of a tap to come. So knowing my luck all of them will germ and I will end up with about 5 more plants than I had planned or I will have to cull the strugglers. Not a bad problem to have I suppose lol
I always plant 2 or 3 regs in same pot bc the males can show as early as 12 days and by 15 almost every strain I've ran has been like this plus it gives you much better odds that you will get not just a female but a good female and it's not like there isn't more lol I'm just excited to see how they preform for u in ur setup should be a good show

I always plant 2 or 3 regs in same pot bc the males can show as early as 12 days and by 15 almost every strain I've ran has been like this plus it gives you much better odds that you will get not just a female but a good female and it's not like there isn't more lol I'm just excited to see how they preform for u in ur setup should be a good show
Wait are these ones regs lol.

And yeah man I am pretty stoked to run em in the dream farm solutions, light assisted greenhouse 2000 lol

Hey @Shiva's Mistress and @slowandeasy quick question. So I am tryin the shot glass germination method and I just wanna make sure I’ve got it right. Take a shot glass type container and put a couple drops h2O2 and 80-85F water, drop seeds in, keep at 80-85, in A dark place and check in 24 hours. If not cracked then replace water and re do for another 24 hours. If the seeds are viable it should work 99-100% of the time right? TIA

Hey Derek!

You've probably grown many many plants than I have, so take my thoughts lightly.
But yeah, that's how I do it these days.
One shot class per strain, about half full, a full drops of H2O2, and in go the seeds.
I think maybe 24 hrs is optimum.
Though decades ago I used to do handfuls of seeds for days, and no problem!
Dark place (I use a cupboard), and temps around 25Cm which is low 80s F.
Once cracked and radical shows, I'm now using little coco coir rooters (like Jiffy, but diff brand).
Or can just go straight into the medium in the pot.

It’s a little bit of a fib. I mean I already did all this I am just double checking lol. I have germinated in paper towels for almost 20 years, after SandA explained the flaws in the paper towel and his success rate with the shot glass method I decided To give it a whirl. I am nothin if not teachable lol

Gotcha.
I have tried paper towel method a few times, but not good for me.
But each to their own.

I use empty medicine bottle from like Tylenol etc, the small ones. I have a black plastic toolbox I paid $2.00 for I keep them in and use it as a blackout box I can place just about anywhere. I soak 24hr max. I use a couple drops of H2O2 also for the added oxygen.

lately I've been working with 12hr soak. Then to paper towel. Soaking them longer seems to have no real benefit that I can see, I get them same results regardless of how long I soak them. Sometimes they sprout in the water sometimes not. I'll be conservative and say with good seeds not too old, I get 95% germ rate, often 100%.

Sounds good.
My present thinking is that soaking too long is not helpful, as well, agreed.

The gorilla squach is reg the squach24 is fem the tripple d and the Royal gorilla x hubbasquach is fem so depending which ones I'm mean technically the Royal gorilla cross could also be gorilla squach so that will hopefully she'd some light on it lmk which u started when ever u can.

I also germ in paper towels and it take no more than 3 days and I almost never have germ problems if anything dampening off and me experimenting with how much and wat kind nutes is a bigger problem lol but different climates ect can make the difference and I think that's why some have problems with towel method or other methods the #1 problem I see with the towel method is it's to wet every once in awhile I see people with towel to dry.

but different climates ect can make the difference and I think that's why some have problems with towel method or other methods

Yeah, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all.

For damping off... have you tried watering from the bottom and keeping the top of the medium dry at all times?
It has (kinda) worked for me some times.

And I'm not buying the "flaws" in using paper towel. I've been doing it for years also. With fresh seeds I get 99.9% germination. And 99.5% success with transplant, the 0.5% being those few I've mishandled. Yes the transplant is the weakest link in this but done right it's not a problem. My personal experience with soaking then direct to soil/medium much less successful, though that may somehow be my fault. Germ rate for me this way was about 80%, it's why I stopped. So I'll be interested to see how you do with this. Will you test it over multiple germinations? A one time result tells you nothing.
Well unfortunately paper towel is useless and harmful, those are the facts. There is zero advantage of using it and plenty of reasons not to. Glad it works for you, but it is a wasted step, slower, and will make people fail. Stick with it if thats your method, but I have seen so many people fail from using paper towel it is not even funny.

Hey @Shiva's Mistress and @slowandeasy quick question. So I am tryin the shot glass germination method and I just wanna make sure I’ve got it right. Take a shot glass type container and put a couple drops h2O2 and 80-85F water, drop seeds in, keep at 80-85, in A dark place and check in 24 hours. If not cracked then replace water and re do for another 24 hours. If the seeds are viable it should work 99-100% of the time right? TIA
It may not be needed to change the water. But most importantly are temps and darkness. I keep mine in a black tote with a seedling mat set to 85f. I germ seeds every week or 2, literally. You will have tails by 24 to 48hrs on almost all viable seeds. Paper towel is useless. Its an extra step and potentially harmful. Even a quick soak and directly planting is superior to paper towel. If temps are 80-85F, consistently...you will have very good results. Good luck

Back