:bighug: Eye lovie, how are you GF? Beautiful super healthy girl there, BTW- :d5: ... ahhh, you leaves instead of flowers! Look 1 page back, and you'll see some of what I mean,...:eyebrows: ... I have no idea how or why this happens, and at such a strange location! My best guess is during early growth, when cells are becoming differentiated and organized, some "strays" end up at or near the leaf palms,... i saw some weird mutie-leaves starting on that Acapulco Gold in the same spot, and later, after bloom started, the little calyx clusters popped out!
Thankyou @Waira !
:pass:

I'll be honest and say my understanding when it comes to the different genes and cell formation is pretty basic, but I have been doing a little research so that I might understand a little better. Something I've heard @Root and @Rebel say about sugar feeding cancer caught my attention when I was looking at mutation and fungus related zinc deficiencies while growing my first 3BOG.

The studies done with sw15, vp16 and trapoxin were intriguing to say the least!

:bighug:

Thankyou @Waira !

I'll be honest and say my understanding when it comes to the different genes and cell formation is pretty basic, but I have been doing a little research so that I might understand a little better. Something I've heard @Root and @Rebel say about sugar feeding cancer caught my attention when I was looking at mutation and fungus related zinc deficiencies while growing my first 3BOG.

The studies done with sw15, vp16 and trapoxin were intriguing to say the least!

I may be groggy and or Lost lol but what's the correlation between the sugar feeding cancer and mutations? Is this something that is grower induced by room conditions and what we're putting in? This run I have 2/3 mutant Fast Buds Pineapple Express autos... One KINDA grew out of it and the other one is a total runt that looks like its 2-3 weeks old when it's pushing 7...

:smoking: Hey Groff! Oh man, do you mean the type that has the half and half split right down the midrib? That's a real head scratcher, been trying to find a solid explanation for that one for a while now,... :confused1: ... post up if you can dig them up sometime! :pass:

>> Reb :doh: I hate when that happens! Frustrating, coz one can't be quite sure what to blame for it,... rudi' throwbacks happen! I won't get you started on breeding snafu's,... :rofl: :vibe:

I may be groggy and or Lost lol but what's the correlation between the sugar feeding cancer and mutations? Is this something that is grower induced by room conditions and what we're putting in? This run I have 2/3 mutant Fast Buds Pineapple Express autos... One KINDA grew out of it and the other one is a total runt that looks like its 2-3 weeks old when it's pushing 7...
You'll have to bear with me here since my understanding is a little lacking to say the least and my notes look like something kinda crazy, but...

Sw15 is a product of the grf10 gene. The way I understood this, it's also responsible for encoding the zinc finger DNA binding protein that's required for the transcription of saccharomyces and humates. If you recall, my first 3BOG looked very zinc deficient, and there had been some discussion about mutants and then later on some discussion about fungal infections. Which is what led me here!

Anyway, so when I realized that VP16 is basically chemo, and got to the part about saccharomyces and humates, it reminded me of you and @Root saying sugar feeds cancer.

Just for the hell of it, since it had come up, I did a cross search with fungus. That's where the trapoxin came in.

I have been so far behind reading journals! I haven't looked at yours in ages ..

I am making a point to catch up there later!

Eye-- I don't think this is genetic related along those lines,.. plant cells operate very differently from animal cells on certain levels ( lots of alarming med' science about sugar and cancer though, right?),... Take sex reversing for example, this is not a localized mutation happening, one is forcing a "switch" in the plants gene expression to do something she's technically already capable of on her own,...I wish I knew the deep details behind this! Ditto for how the odd leaf/flower formations occur,...(he thinks as he scratches the hair on his palms! :nono: :crying:... plants don't do that--nasty!) :eyebrows:

:smoking: Hey Groff! Oh man, do you mean the type that has the half and half split right down the midrib? That's a real head scratcher, been trying to find a solid explanation for that one for a while now,... :confused1: ... post up if you can dig them up sometime! :pass:

>> Reb :doh: I hate when that happens! Frustrating, coz one can't be quite sure what to blame for it,... rudi' throwbacks happen! I won't get you started on breeding snafu's,... :rofl: :vibe:

Yeah.. Not happy lol since 2/3 are in 5 gallon bags under the Kind... And i have 2 Sister Ds in 1 gallons under the Roli that are bigger :face: I'll have to get pics up in here in a few... But one in the 5 gallon, main stem grew oddly... Like curvy and nodes are uneven. Pics will talk better lol oh and the leaves! Super hybrid looking... Like 3-4 SPIKEY fingers/blades... Not at all what I was expecting... And the runt. Well it stayed with 2 sets of leaves for like 2-3 weeks until I decided to spray the fucker with Over Grow every other day! (I was channeling Eyeoftheworld and the 3BOG hoping to see similar progress) and it actually started "taking off" as best as that pheno could take off lol its still runty but I don't think it would be as big without the OFOG onslaught lol

You'll have to bear with me here since my understanding is a little lacking to say the least and my notes look like something kinda crazy, but...

Sw15 is a product of the grf10 gene. The way I understood this, it's also responsible for encoding the zinc finger DNA binding protein that's required for the transcription of saccharomyces and humates. If you recall, my first 3BOG looked very zinc deficient, and there had been some discussion about mutants and then later on some discussion about fungal infections. Which is what led me here!

Anyway, so when I realized that VP16 is basically chemo, and got to the part about saccharomyces and humates, it reminded me of you and @Root saying sugar feeds cancer.

Just for the hell of it, since it had come up, I did a cross search with fungus. That's where the trapoxin came in.

I have been so far behind reading journals! I haven't looked at yours in ages ..

I am making a point to catch up there later!

Wow... That's very interesting for sure.. Intriguing... Thanks for writing all that out! I need to dig into that more... I'm still having issues with my plants under my Mars panels when switching to bloom but I THINK lol at this point I have way too much led in that 3x3 and that bloom spectrum is just frying the heck out of em... I'm taking one panel out tonight to see if that changes anything.. Lol probably not lol but I'm still trying to sort that one out!

I know what you mean... I'm behind on everyone's threads including my own.. You haven't missed a whole heck of a lot!

Eye-- I don't think this is genetic related along those lines,.. plant cells operate very differently from animal cells on certain levels ( lots of alarming med' science about sugar and cancer though, right?),... Take sex reversing for example, this is not a localized mutation happening, one is forcing a "switch" in the plants gene expression to do something she's technically already capable of on her own,...I wish I knew the deep details behind this! Ditto for how the odd leaf/flower formations occur,...(he thinks as he scratches the hair on his palms! :nono: :crying:... plants don't do that--nasty!) :eyebrows:

They probably do. . Lol just in their own way! Hahaha :rofl:

bbdac37a4dd9f3745172897771f49a8a.jpg

Another mutant ninja .
Mephisto Toofles Alian .
DSCN0869.JPG

Day 45 for Fastbuds Mexican Airlines. She has curly pistils on all bud sites. It also had staggered nodes.

20170320_085025.jpg
20170321_104300.jpg
20170321_104246.jpg

Back