Indoor Animatey's two 2x2's

Reaction score
Hello AFN!

I've started messing around with some autos again, and decided to journal some of it out.

Right now, I have 2 tents, that are both 2x2s. Lot's of Mephisto going on in both right now. Pics are about 2 days old.

1630705559035.png

1630705420964.png

In the left tent

• Mephisto 4 Assed Monkey
  • Mephisto Sour Stomper

Both are in recirculating systems water 4 times a day in 50/50 coco/perlite in pots that are less than 1 gallon each... so they stayed REAL small LOL... I think if I had done pure coco though, they both might have needed their own tent, but honestly I have no idea. Autos decide their own size as far as I can tell.

4AM on the left, Sour Stomper on the right:

1630705795359.png

Sour Stomper smells awesome... like grapes and mint and some sort of weird dankness... Her structure is A+, I'm not worried about trimming her at all. Minimal foliage, nice and open but not too stretchy. Harvest this weekend.

1630705934194.png

The 4 Assed Monkey is a squat leafy thing... Harvest probably the next weekend. I'm really not looking forward to trimming her, but her nugs feel really dense and I think she should yield OK for being less than a foot tall LOL...

1630705909842.png

In the right tent

• Mephisto Sour Crack
  • Mephisto Creme De La Chem
  • Mephisto Hubbabubba Haze

The Sour Crack is only 34 days from sprout and doing well:

1630706015121.png

I'm using real growers Recharge to try and prevent any stem/root rot and just hand watering this tent as needed. I used this in the coco plants and the top of the coco is absolutely covered in Trichoderma, so I think I'll be good to go. She already needs daily watering and I'm really sick of it LOL... This weekend the Sour Stomper is getting chopped and Sour Crack will get her spot in that tent where she can be watered automatically.

The Creme De La Chem and Hubbabubba Haze are just getting started, in fact the Haze only went into the coco a few days ago after being popped in a paper towel. She finally did come out of there fully today and has leaves open and ready to go.

1630706129226.png

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in your gardens!

@Animatey Long time no see! How are things?

@Animatey Long time no see! How are things?

What's up buddy? Glad to see you are still active here! :cheers:

I took about a year off due to having a surplus of cannabis and a lack of time to spend in the garden, but I started up a couple months ago when things calmed down.

I'll have to stop by your thread and see what you've been up to.

Have you grown anything that stood out to you lately?

What's up buddy? Glad to see you are still active here! :cheers:

I took about a year off due to having a surplus of cannabis and a lack of time to spend in the garden, but I started up a couple months ago when things calmed down.

I'll have to stop by your thread and see what you've been up to.

Have you grown anything that stood out to you lately?
Good to hear you are back in the saddle again.

Yes, I grew out some experimental beans for a big name breeder - Have not been given permission to reveal yet. The smoke reports have been coming in with excellent scores. All three are amazing rosin yielders at ~ 20%.

I have teamed up with a Vendor for Horiba Instruments and have a $2K set of ION meters to work on baseline nutrients for Auto Flowering Plants. I will be starting a new grow tomorrow or the next day to track the nutrient inputs and the plant sap ION numbers. It will be a lot of work but I should be able to work out a near perfect feed schedule for autos.

Good to hear you are back in the saddle again.

Yes, I grew out some experimental beans for a big name breeder - Have not been given permission to reveal yet. The smoke reports have been coming in with excellent scores. All three are amazing rosin yielders at ~ 20%.

I have teamed up with a Vendor for Horiba Instruments and have a $2K set of ION meters to work on baseline nutrients for Auto Flowering Plants. I will be starting a new grow tomorrow or the next day to track the nutrient inputs and the plant sap ION numbers. It will be a lot of work but I should be able to work out a near perfect feed schedule for autos.

Man you stay busy doing cool stuff lol.

20 % is pretty nice... I'm happy with anything that yields 10 or more haha... I mostly press rosin to make into gummy bears nowadays so I can dose somewhat accurately. Usually about 3mg a bear is good for me.

I'll keep an eye out for your next thread working on that feed schedule for autos for sure :eek1:
Or if you happen to think of it, tag me so I don't miss it :thumbsup:

A week ago I harvested the sour stomper at day 63. That is 100% the fastest plant I have grown.

Here she was right before the chop. She has such a great flower to leaf ratio...:

1631241106347.png

I hung her to dry in the closet:
1631241162548.png

Harvested the 4 Assed Monkey today at day 72. She was buds head to toe, chunky as heck:

1631241322162.png

She is now also drying in the closet:

1631241356279.png

Sour Crack now has a tent all to herself:
1631241396360.png

The CDLC and the Hubbabbubbahaze are doing well:
1631241536638.png

The CDLC is at day 15, and the haze is at day 6.

Last edited:
Sour Stomper finally done drying 10 days later.

I decided to try out the Canna Brush for trimming:

1631582158831.png

It does a decent job, and is quite fast:

1631582182030.png

Buds come out about like this:

1631582249469.png

Took me about 20 minutes to do 2 ounces:

1631582312397.png

I had to pick some of the leaves off with my gloved fingers (which was my old way of dry trimming), but about 90% came off really easy with the brush, and the buds surprisingly don't look in any way diminished.

I plan to use the brush from now on.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in your gardens!

Sour crack is living her best life at day 54. Overall she looks almost perfectly heatlhty, just small signs of nutrient burn even at 400ppm ... (.8 EC)
I flush her with RO water about once a week when I change out the rez.
Currently she gets fertigated 4 times a day.

1632188666382.png

1632188680802.png

Hubbabubba haze is small for her age at day 17, she really seems to be light sensitive. Almost 0 node spacing, she has 5 nodes and is like... 3 inches tall.

I removed her from the tent and left her in the dimly lit room for about 4 hours until she was praying. I raised the light up another 6 inches and she seems to be good with it now.

1632188881733.png

I raised the CDLC (day 26) up 6 inches because she was fine with the previous light height.
She is a weird leathery thing... Thick leaves that are fairly large. She is growing at a reasonable pace.

I'm tucking some of her leaves to allow branches to pop out, and so she looks a bit odd.

1632189041948.png

1632189059853.png

The Sour Crack was my prototype for starting an autoflower in a large rockwool cube + coco and she did great.

Chopped at 65 days, and a decent size for the strain:

1633214776408.png

1633214839670.png

I wrote down everything I did in great detail so that I could replicate it including EC, light distance, how much the cubes should weigh on a scale before watering, etc.

I repeated all these same steps for the CDLC and Hubbabubba Haze and they are **both stunted lol...**

I'm not honestly 100% sure what happened. The sour crack must just be very hearty and resistant to whatever was lacking, because these other 2 are way behind on size.

They both acted like they couldn't handle the level of lighting so I kept raising it up, and they had strange leaf shapes in the seedling stage which were possibly indications of Ca def that I didn't read properly at the time. On top of that it was pretty dry in the tent. Honestly though nothing that looked like a big enough issue to keep them this far behind.

CDLC:
1633215218758.png

1633215237830.png

Hubba Haze:
1633215261891.png

Not super happy with the outcome of these so far, but not a huge deal.

I started a Skywalker in small cup of coco and I'm going to try to see what size a plant I can get starting already with daily feedings carefully measured on a kitchen scale.

1633215285232.png

Last edited:
Final Reports for Sour Stomper and 4 Assed Monkey

These have been curing about 20+ days and I've been at both of them quite a bit.

Method of consumption is vaporization via a Dynavap.

1633919112892.png

1633918738642.png

Sour Stomper

Growing it:

Fast, and 0 larf on the plant. Perfect structure, open but not stretchy and finished in 63 days. A breeze to trim, bud to leaf ratio was absolutely nuts. Took me ten minutes per ounce to dry trim with the canna brush.

Yield:

60 grams

Aroma/Flavor:

Intense grapes, berries. Strong smell on this one, opening a jar fills the room pretty fast. Impressive level of terps. Terps are so strong this one actually has fruit flavor in the vape. It tastes something like fruity pebbles.

High/Effect:

Pleasant and I do actually think there is a bit of a mood boost with this one. I thought it was placebo because strain descriptions tend to "steer" a persons high, but I did notice that even when I wasn't high I was having strangely positive thoughts the past couple weeks, which is weird for a cynical old curmudgeon like myself.

What about Anxiety/Paranoia/Existential Dread ?

It's definitely possible to overdo this one. One night I really hit it hard before bed, and I was having semi-horrific psychedelic visions that caused me to get up and drink some water lol...

1633919288637.png

4 Assed Monkey

Growing it:

Leafy plant, quite a bit of larf, super squat and small node spacing. Big nugs pretty much covered the top half though. Yielding OK for a plant under a foot tall. Took about 70 days.

Yield:

48 grams and quite a bit of larf to be used later.

Aroma/Flavor:

Mainly black coffee, like... the blackest coffee. Hard to fully describe the smell but it sits in your nose for a couple seconds after you are done smelling it. It's almost like a rubber smell but not... It's a pairing of dark intense smells that overall are like some kind of super dank coffee.

High/Effect:

Relaxing for sure, but paired with a pretty blistering head high initially. Tapers off into typical Indica effects that last quite a while.

What about Anxiety/Paranoia/Existential Dread ?

My wife says that she can get reallllly high on this one and not have any issues with it. Even one puff off the vape is enough for me so I haven't really tested the limits of this one. The initial 30 minutes of the high can be a bit much, but after that it's all good.

Back