Fast Buds American Autoflowers with A-Train

It's all in growing style and strain man. These girls are in my perpetual tent. The lights stay all the way up all the time. This will give fewer leaves and a little more stretch. When I was running plants 4 at a time start to finish I would always keep my lights in close and open the plants up. This would cause them to have more leaves and be busier than others

Yeah I have issues with these bushy plants. I was doing ponytails alot, and I now constantly tuck. I should have started LST or something earlier. It's getting annoying tucking and re arranging all the time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The ponytail works great. Keep the lights in close and ponytail. When they bush up pick the lights up high and let them stretch. This will have a plant that has good height and stretch but the extra leaves to me means extra photosynthesis wich in my opinion equals bigger plants and larger yields

They will still stretch while starting flower. You can leave it up until they stop. Then bring it in close. The plants I posted pics of are starting flower and getting bloom nutes but they will be much bigger when they finally stop stretching

I found that the calcium carbonate didn't really do much for my girls in flower. I believe that's what it is? It's 3 in the morning and I'm a bit fuzzy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really not a certain day my man. I watch the plant develope a bit so I would say after day 10 for sure but around 15 or so when I see the lower branches start to be shaded by the third set or leaves that's when I start tie ing up the upper growth in the ponytail to expose the lower branches to the light. They will usually respond after 3 or 4 times of being tied up and you'll see there's still a main cola but it's not nearly as prodiminate. The side branching will be right up there with it then I primarily leaf tuck to expose all the bud sites possible to light. It's up to you then ....... you can let your plant grow natural. This will provide 1 main cola slightly above the satellite colas but allows more light to them during flower and in my opinion results in bigger buds.

Or

You can bend the main cola over and maintain an even canopy with lots of buds and "main" colas at the same height.

@Discretepete2676 can you post a pic of that cheese to demonstrate?

Last edited:
That's some awesome info. Cheers! :toke:

I'm now thinking about just letting them grow out naturally and just doing a bit of tucking here and there. Decisions decisions lol

Back