Jorge is a legend, and I'm sure this is applicable to outdoor grows but I'm not convinced of it's applications indoors. He says it's based on science but doesn't back it up.

Ultimately it's the green chlorophyll in the leaves which drives photosynthesis, once the leaf yellows it is not providing any additional nutrition through it's leaves...however it will still be utilizing nutrients and water from the substrate, robbing the buds which would have received them otherwise.

It's a known fact that lower part of the plant covered in leaves will only yield small popcorn buds, these need proper light exposure to develop, removing the leaves is the only way to do this. The buds take over the photosynthesizing duties of the leaves thereby drawing more water and nutrients and developing further.

I saw that video in start of my growing.. But I'm opened to any good sugestions (like) yours.. They will be fed in about two days, so I Will prune them then.. I just dont understand how low should I go in removing low bud sites.. Its like lolipoping, i dont know what leafs to remove...

I'd keep on any of the ones not blocking bud sites providing they're not fully yellowed out. And then try and ensure you only have one leaf covering the bud sites max if you want to keep them on. Light can get through a leaf, but if you have multiple layers not much gets through.

I feed them lastnight, got few purple leafs (phosphor def?) and even on sugar leafs too.. I will take some pics next watering.. considering i dont have base nutes for last 10 days (two feedings) girls are hanging good.. First three are given A part of bloom (2/3) b52,big bud and rhino skin are given at full dosage, cal mag 2/3 of strenght... Otheer three are given Hesi phosphor ,and bloom boster at full dosage, plus tnt 2/3 , i will se tonigh how are they reacted to feedings.. I must say that fast and vast are real nice frosty Im in love with them, one tall girl in the middle of box ( aint sure is it AvT or AxSodk) smells soo nice like fruity plus something else.. I have issuess with weather one day is 25c (in tent 30+c) then tommorrow it drops to 13c.. And if I ant home to open close window, its show time!

I hope so this is my 6th or more grow,and still chasing flawless grow, to beat my sig..So far they are looking good.. but i went happy too way before, and then all went to hell..so I dont vanna bring bad luck,by beeing too happy about it...

They look really nice, im in for the rest.
I agree with Sensi, and find that removing those specific leaves covering up buds that can't be tucked away, really makes a difference to the bud itself, and I usually also remove the very bottom leaves to make it easy to water the pots proper all-around.

But they are sooo bushy that i will have to pull out bunch of leafs,and I dont wanna stunt them.. Maybe I will have harvest in stages, firts top colas, and then later lower buds.. dont know tho.. Thank you all for watching,it makes me soo proud..

Back