AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

Wow! Thank you everyone for the fantastic responses already! Great to see the interest in my favorite lights! I joined the HLG team because they have a product I feel is probably the best in the market right now. And I've gotten to know the people behind the company a bit and I have great respect for them. HLG lab tests their all Quantum Board based lighting solution at an independent lab and posts the test results in their product description. They were the first to do so I believe. So you know how what your getting performs.

I'm hoping to have our light testing thread started sometime Monday. I just need to work out details with HLG as to what kits/lights well will have for you and how we'll arrange shipping. Once I have all the information I need, I'll post the rules and we'll get this going!

welcome aboard @Les @HLG . Really interested in your lights and what they can do. WOOF!

I'll be gathering information to get me up to date on HLG's products. I'm just a guy on the forums that saw their presence slipping away, so I offered to be their forum rep and they accepted! So I'm jumping right in to get up to speed. Bear with me as I gather information, I'll soon be able to answer most of your questions.

The HLG 100 Rspec is a great new addition to their pre-made lamps. They are built with genuine Samsung LM301H and LM351H ( red ) LEDs. It's powered by a Meanwell 95 watt driver. I'm not sure of the color temperature of the White LEDs, but i believe HLG has standardized on 3500K. I'll inquire about this as I don't see that information posted in their product page.

How much space are you looking to light?

Outstanding. I hope that Les can tell us a bit more about their newer "off the rack" stuff like the new Rspec HLG100. I am thinking that might be a good addition (or two) to my current 130 w QB setup.

2.5 x 2.5 or 1m sq. In theory, I could run the smaller one with my current 130w QB, but i was thinking that adding one 100w Rspec would work. Might need 2 for the 1 m tent, but who knows? Maybe not at first. Want to be able to grow 2 or maybe 3 plants at a time. My current light came from an HLG copycat in the US, Niemi. But they went under quickly. Got swamps and couldn't fullfill orders I think

I have only heard good things about HLG lights. Great vendor to have on board. Thank you HLG and AFN.
Love this community.

Respect,
EP3

@Les @HLG welcome to AFN the best place to be around the webz :smoking: :vibes::jointman::shooty:
All I've heard about hlg is really good stuff I'm sure whoever gets to test them will have some beautiful plants

The 100 Rspec would be a great addition to that tent. I have a 2.75x2.75 with two, QB 324 ( discontinued now ) in it running at 115 watts each and they light the tent very well. I've had some very nice grows in it. for a 1M tent, you might want to look at other options such as the 550 Eco, or, if you have lighting to supplement, a 260 watt Rspec QB V2 kit light would be a good place to start.

2.5 x 2.5 or 1m sq. In theory, I could run the smaller one with my current 130w QB, but i was thinking that adding one 100w Rspec would work. Might need 2 for the 1 m tent, but who knows? Maybe not at first. Want to be able to grow 2 or maybe 3 plants at a time. My current light came from an HLG copycat in the US, Niemi. But they went under quickly. Got swamps and couldn't fullfill orders I think

Welcome @Les @HLG - already a fan. Have a small diablo from Vivid. Love it and he has been super helpful in my relatively new journey. I dint have anything to compare it to but it gets the job done. My only problem
Was dialling it down enough in the first days! Super powerful even my tiny light. I get consistently better grows than my experience deserve.

Back