Harvest & Curing ADVICE PLEASE! Trichome dilemma- Is it time to harvest?

Ive not grown it. A friend has been working with ko chang since the 90s up in the triangle very cool find! Excited to see how it turns out!
gl
I’ll tag my grow posts.

But Until I get a strain that helps with my ADHD, Narcolepsy and chronic fatigue I’m afraid no grow diary.

At present can only admire other people’s consistency- there are some champs here!

Do these trichomes look ready for harvest? (1st plant of three)

EXHIBIT 1.
CBD AUTO 20 week 9 ( fast buds)

EFFECT I'M AFTER:
I have ADHD and Narcolepsy (sleeping disorder) and I’m growing stimulant medication,

This CBD plant is to make oil to balance out possible anxiety from using Strong Sativa I use for energetic high, with euphoria and stimulation.
‼️ Don't want Couch lock, and need advice on when to harvest before that point, please.

(I'll upload close-ups of the other two in the following posts)

cheers for passing a glance over these.

1FF20895-F8B4-4315-85D3-CB1BE12128B9.jpeg
067147CA-6545-4CE5-BA1B-C1CBCB018EC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Do these trichomes look ready for harvest? (2nd plant of three)

EXHIBIT 2. Northern lights week 10 ( gorgeous colour) ( fast buds)
EFFECT I'M AFTER:
Couchlock, sedation for insomnia /nighttime use.

There are no amber trichomes, but some warm yellowing of some of them.
The plant is at the recommended harvest time of 10 weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts

(i’ll upload close-ups of the FINAL plant in the following post)

17365122-D3FE-4963-B322-BBC0BEBA4D47.jpeg
E78FBA1E-416F-4367-84AA-595B1A2BB414.jpeg

Last edited:
Do these trichomes look ready for harvest? (3rd plant of 3)

I am growing weed for an energetic high, with euphoria and stimulation.

EXHIBIT 3. Cali Snow Sativa week 10 ( fast buds)

Effect: growing this one for energetic high, with euphoria and stimulation.

I do not want to couch lock and need advice on when to harvest before that point.

No ambers in sight, but there seem to be some very pale yellow trichomes, so wondering if it's on its way to becoming more sedative?

Cheers for helping the new girl out!
DA1D286A-E10A-489A-81D2-89FEEEF90BB8.jpeg

4B42B5DD-7CCD-4D20-972F-73C0E2999CC1.jpeg

Last edited:
The cbd plant should run its full course if youre after sedation.. (pistils receded, calyxes swollen, fan and larger bud leaves yellowing/dying)The northern lights can go another two weeks at least.. The sativa plant can be harvested at any time.. Try a lower bud and see if its in the ballpark for you.. Also, vaporizing at about 350 degrees will lessen sedative effects as opposed to smoking..
Looking good

Last edited:
Hey Tom, cheers for replying

1. The cbd plant should run its full course if youre after sedation.. (pistils receded, calyxes swollen, fan and larger bud leaves yellowing/dying)

<< I will be using it in the daytime. Trying to reproduce the Canna oil I get on Project Twenty21 prescript (T25, CBD 25) So not sedating, but calming.

2. The northern lights can go another two weeks at least..

<<GULP!! I've got to have everything grown, dried and jarred by 27 December... As I go on honeymoon for 3 weeks out the country!

<<I think I could give it another 7 - 10 days. , if I can dry in 8-9 days, and into jars with Boveda once I hit appx 60%humidity.

<<My plan to use the Boveda 58% sachets, recommended for vapes) and cure in jars when I'm away
Looking good

QUES Do you think an extra week will help potency?

3. The sativa plant can be harvested at any time.. Try a lower bud and see if its in the ballpark for you..

<<I'm so new, how would I do that? How I dry it and vape it? Or do I have to do the dry over a few days?

4. Also, vaporizing at about 350 degrees will lessen sedative effects as opposed to smoking..

<< I do vape, but am asthmatic, and never go above 180C / 356F. So oil tinctures & Edibles is where my crop is heading.

<<The plan is to make it into a Coconut MCT oil, to take with CBD oil. I'm allergic to alcohol (Weird, I know, developed 3 years ago. Hey-ho, it was good while it lasted!

<< Got a gorgeous Ardent Flex so will be cooking it, and saving a few top buds for vaping as energy boosts in the day.

Niiiiiiiice! I’ll pull a bud tonight to test tomorrow.
Thank you growmie ✨

You can pop it into the vape wet, it'll dry as you vape it.

WELL, THIS WORKS!!
58A72C2F-CAD3-42AD-A23D-7FAD77E9D92A.jpeg

( thanks for the ‘vape a cheeky bud’ tip! )

I had the most gently energetic buzz from my first homegrown and she was lovely.
Was able to go for a walk and make my husband dinner.
These are great days.
I GREW MY OWN MEDICINE!!!

Back