Harvest & Curing ADVICE PLEASE! Trichome dilemma- Is it time to harvest?

Racy… obvious increase in heart rate, warm rush feel, giggly and able to accomplish many tasks in a small amount of time.

<< MATE. I. Want. Exactly. That. All of it. question: Does it take a while for these Amber trichomes to form? I don’t want to pull the plant too early, because within a week the buds have started to fatten up nicely and put on weight. But because I have no idea how long it takes for tide comes to develop, I don’t know if I’m leaving it too long. This plant is only eight weeks old though. Sativas I so quick in comparison to the Northern Lights Shrub amd CBD I am also growing ( indicas)

Definite strain dependent. Some racy is good, other racy can cause anxiety in sensitive folks. You mentioned CBD… shouldn’t make you feel racy? Mood enhancing maybe as I have no exp with CBD bud… sry

<< Ifind that CBD Oil counteracts the negative aspects of strong weed: munchies, anxiety, paranoia (so I really don’t get that). It really is miraculous… and since taking it I’ve come off of ADHD anxiety pills. Respect the herb

In the future you could mix and match. Take a bud of racy Sativa and mix that with some CBD bud. The CBD will help in containing the paranoid feeling.

great advice! Thanks
I just wrote this in a previous commen
t:

<< I find that CBD Oil counteracts the negative aspects of strong weed: munchies, anxiety, paranoia (so I really don’t get that). It really is miraculous… and since taking it I’ve come off of ADHD anxiety pills. Respect the herb

i’m growing my weed for oil infusions for meds and edibles.
Growing a CBD plant to mix as you suggest. It’s good to have that affirmed, so thanks

:yeahthat: The amber should be on the trichomes, not the hairs. But as JP said, if you want racy then the fewer amber trichomes will do that for you.
If you're in the opportunity to grown Bruce Banner from Sweet Seeds, give it a go. Never had a weed that activated me so much as that strain!!

thanks mate, for the top tip on Bruce Banner. Fastbuds is doing a two-for-one sale, so I’ll pop a few of those seeds in my basket. I’m making oil infusions and will vape a little bit of it. I hear it’s a high yielder too.

great advice! Thanks
I just wrote this in a previous commen
t:

<< I find that CBD Oil counteracts the negative aspects of strong weed: munchies, anxiety, paranoia (so I really don’t get that). It really is miraculous… and since taking it I’ve come off of ADHD anxiety pills. Respect the herb

i’m growing my weed for oil infusions for meds and edibles.
Growing a CBD plant to mix as you suggest. It’s good to have that affirmed, so thanks
Yup, do it myself.
First I grew strains which had a 1:1, 1:2, ... CBD:THC ratio. But then you're always fixed with that certain ratio. There are some days when one likes to get stoned and then any amount of CBD gets in the way of that. If you grow for example one SSSC's Olifant which has a 1:2 ratio of CBD:THC (10:20!!!), then you have a nice strain which has a Sativa lineage and delivers a nice harvest. For me this is plenty to mix and match with my other strains. And it's perfect for extraction. If you have the time please do check out my grow diary of my "Ellephant"
1638055218767.png

thanks mate, for the top tip on Bruce Banner. Fastbuds is doing a two-for-one sale, so I’ll pop a few of those seeds in my basket. I’m making oil infusions and will vape a little bit of it. I hear it’s a high yielder too.
That's not the same BB as the one from Sweet Seeds. It's got a different lineage. --> Sweet Seeds, Fast Buds
I'm in no way affiliated to them, but would have to try BB from @Fast Buds Heather first before I could give it my :thumbsup:.
What do you think @pop22?

Yup, do it myself.
First I grew strains which had a 1:1, 1:2, ... CBD:THC ratio. But then you're always fixed with that certain ratio. There are some days when one likes to get stoned and then any amount of CBD gets in the way of that. If you grow for example one SSSC's Olifant which has a 1:2 ratio of CBD:THC (10:20!!!), then you have a nice strain which has a Sativa lineage and delivers a nice harvest. For me this is plenty to mix and match with my other strains. And it's perfect for extraction. If you have the time please do check out my grow diary of my "Ellephant"
View attachment 1391442

Pretty pretty PRETTY GORGEOUS

out of interest, is that a plant with cloudy trichomes? Because my plant looks a bit like that now:
88503A8F-141C-4595-B0A3-0109875A566A.jpeg

88503A8F-141C-4595-B0A3-0109875A566A.jpeg

But I do think it may be to earliest as the buds are still small it’s a soil grow though, and it’s been surprisingly easy, using fabric Autopots
C39FAFA5-5BCB-49AF-B6C1-79A8E358E06C.jpeg

Pretty pretty PRETTY GORGEOUS

out of interest, is that a plant with cloudy trichomes? Because my plant looks a bit like that now:
View attachment 1391443

View attachment 1391443
But I do think it may be to earliest as the buds are still small it’s a soil grow though, and it’s been surprisingly easy, using fabric Autopots
View attachment 1391444
Yes it was, but also had lots of clear though. Had to cut her life short as I was dealing with so much budrot in the greenhouse. I think I threw away about half of the buds because of mold. The chickens where "very" happy indeed
chicken.gif

Yes it was, but also had lots of clear though. Had to cut her life short as I was dealing with so much budrot in the greenhouse. I think I threw away about half of the buds because of mold. The chickens where "very" happy indeed
View attachment 1391446
You’re killing me here! Chicken doing the funky chicken!

out of interest, when you say some are clear, do you mean the stem of the trichome was clear or was clear top and stem?
because my plant looks like your photo, but the buds are starting to thicken up. I’m thinking I might leave it for another week and keep a close eye…

You’re killing me here! Chicken doing the funky chicken!

out of interest, when you say some are clear, do you mean the stem of the trichome was clear or was clear top and stem?
because my plant looks like your photo, but the buds are starting to thicken up. I’m thinking I might leave it for another week and keep a close eye…
Here's an example of clear and cloudy heads. It's not the stalks you should be looking at, but rather the heads on top of them. The white heads are what we call "cloudy" and the translucent ones are the "clear"
1638057137033.png

short answer is 2 weeks
unless youre one of those guys that eats
green bananas :biggrin:

Back