Mephisto Genetics A SourHound and Miss SourBubbly Cush

Hey Meph-heads Gang!

Just thought I would do a quick update on the SourBubbly-Cush! She puts off the sweetest Candy Scent now when you brush up against her stems; I can hear soma's words when she smells of the sweetest hashy candy pick her, she's done. At day 56 and the trichrome coverage is just crazy, I see a few amber heads already!! So Let the draught begin! Maybe cut early next week :biggrin:

Anyways on with the pictures of the beautiful SBC! Can't believe this was a the freebie, these are some beautiful parents who made these babies! @mephisto :thanks::thanks:

DAY56_MAY18th-A.JPG
DAY56_MAY18th-B.JPG
DAY56_MAY18th-C.JPG
DAY56_MAY18th-D.JPG
DAY56_MAY18th-E.JPG
DAY56_MAY18th-F.JPG
DAY56_MAY18th-G.JPG

Sourhound update:
I also did a nicer trim on the drying flowers! had to get rid of all that decaying and dead leaf! and let the glory of that lovely flower show! and man is She's amazing! Stay tuned for the cured pics in a couple weeks and will get a full smoke report!! The small sample I took was beyond! That sour chemical flavor is something else! :pimp:

SourHound-Trim1.JPG

SourHound-Trim2.JPG

SourHound-Trim3.JPG

Thanks for stopping in! :jointman:

Hey Meph-heads Gang!

Just thought I would do a quick update on the SourBubbly-Cush! She puts off the sweetest Candy Scent now when you brush up against her stems; I can hear soma's words when she smells of the sweetest hashy candy pick her, she's done. At day 56 and the trichrome coverage is just crazy, I see a few amber heads already!! So Let the draught begin! Maybe cut early next week :biggrin:

Anyways on with the pictures of the beautiful SBC! Can't believe this was a the freebie, these are some beautiful parents who made these babies! @mephisto :thanks::thanks:

View attachment 750435 View attachment 750436 View attachment 750437 View attachment 750438 View attachment 750439 View attachment 750440 View attachment 750441

Sourhound update:
I also did a nicer trim on the drying flowers! had to get rid of all that decaying and dead leaf! and let the glory of that lovely flower show! and man is She's amazing! Stay tuned for the cured pics in a couple weeks and will get a full smoke report!! The small sample I took was beyond! That sour chemical flavor is something else! :pimp:

View attachment 750444
View attachment 750445
View attachment 750446

Thanks for stopping in! :jointman:

They both look top shelf my friend!

Heya Mephisto Gang,

Here are some new updates on the SourBubbly-Cush. Day 60 and things are moving along. Mostly the nugs are getting fatter and more orange pistils developing. Super happy with the frosty trichome look. I would guess another 5-7 days left in her. She didn't get very tall either; Gonna be interesting to get into there and cut her down. Might be digging a trench! haha! Lets get on with the pics!

DAY60_MAY21st-A.JPG
DAY60_MAY21st-B.JPG
DAY60_MAY21st-C.JPG
DAY60_MAY21st-D.JPG

She has a nice fade on her lower leaves as well. One thing is wish I had given her some pruning during eary flowering. There is a lot of extra fans I left around covering up those precious bud sites. All the learnings about autos and how to get the best results.

Thanks for stopping by! :pass::cheers:

Heya Mephisto Gang,

Here are some new updates on the SourBubbly-Cush. Day 60 and things are moving along. Mostly the nugs are getting fatter and more orange pistils developing. Super happy with the frosty trichome look. I would guess another 5-7 days left in her. She didn't get very tall either; Gonna be interesting to get into there and cut her down. Might be digging a trench! haha! Lets get on with the pics!

View attachment 752284 View attachment 752285 View attachment 752287 View attachment 752288

She has a nice fade on her lower leaves as well. One thing is wish I had given her some pruning during eary flowering. There is a lot of extra fans I left around covering up those precious bud sites. All the learnings about autos and how to get the best results.

Thanks for stopping by! :pass::cheers:

Just stellar my friend, yeah apparently the Sour Hounds just don't get that tall, mine looks like it is going to top out around 18 inches or so(I LST'd the heck out of her so I honestly don't know exactly how tall she is) and you are totally right there is a LOT of fan leaf on her. I am glad I LST'd her from a young age. I am super interested to see what the final weight is going to be. Can you take a picture of the whole plant with like a lighter or something in it for scale, I just want to compare size wize to mine

Just stellar my friend, yeah apparently the Sour Hounds just don't get that tall, mine looks like it is going to top out around 18 inches or so(I LST'd the heck out of her so I honestly don't know exactly how tall she is) and you are totally right there is a LOT of fan leaf on her. I am glad I LST'd her from a young age. I am super interested to see what the final weight is going to be. Can you take a picture of the whole plant with like a lighter or something in it for scale, I just want to compare size wize to mine

Thanks Derek! yeah sadly I chopped up most of my sourhound already; she's hanging separated into individual buds now in my vented drying box . I won't be able to get any full bonzai plant shot of the hound; regarding height, the SourHound was literally 11-12" like (1ft); with smaller side colas, maybe 1-3g max. I kept some of the top cola intact but not took off the lower part. She had a lot to drink near the end so I think there was a ton of extra moisture for her to let go of, and such a nice thick white inner membranes on the stem. The Hound definitely suffered a bit of late flush, so I used a bit more waterings to rid the extra feed out.
The yield was some smaller buds at the bottom with smaller not to much side branching, I would guess around an ounce of bud, its not quite dry yet to weigh out. and I don't have a scale that is heavy enough to do wet weight. Her stem size suffered from the lack of root growth/mass, the stem was ~approx the thickness of a [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] pencil on the main stalk. Still a beauty in her restricted enviro. I did sample a few nugs and she has quite the powerful narcotic hit. Very heavy but not too sleepy. The taste is of sour chemicals, that linger in the back of your throat.

The Sourbubbly-cush (photos above) with lots of light green, and helluva fan wish I had cut that back. I can say I didn't really do much to her but top at the 3rd node and fan tuck, ending up with 8 colas, the 6 are huge and the last 2 are a bit smaller and got shaded under some fans. As for the plants height I am thinking they suffered the shortness because of light proximity; I never let them far enough to allow any major stretching. Looking back I can definitely see they need that 12-18" distance from the light to help get that stretch mode kicking in somewhat. I wonder too about the Advanced Nutrients Big bud, I did some reading that it also stops vertical growth; so who knows. Learnings noted and round two will be better than ever.

Thanks Derek! yeah sadly I chopped up most of my sourhound already; she's hanging separated into individual buds now in my vented drying box . I won't be able to get any full bonzai plant shot of the hound; regarding height, the SourHound was literally 11-12" like (1ft); with smaller side colas, maybe 1-3g max. I kept some of the top cola intact but not took off the lower part. She had a lot to drink near the end so I think there was a ton of extra moisture for her to let go of, and such a nice thick white inner membranes on the stem. The Hound definitely suffered a bit of late flush, so I used a bit more waterings to rid the extra feed out.
The yield was some smaller buds at the bottom with smaller not to much side branching, I would guess around an ounce of bud, its not quite dry yet to weigh out. and I don't have a scale that is heavy enough to do wet weight. Her stem size suffered from the lack of root growth/mass, the stem was ~approx the thickness of a [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] pencil on the main stalk. Still a beauty in her restricted enviro. I did sample a few nugs and she has quite the powerful narcotic hit. Very heavy but not too sleepy. The taste is of sour chemicals, that linger in the back of your throat.

The Sourbubbly-cush (photos above) with lots of light green, and helluva fan wish I had cut that back. I can say I didn't really do much to her but top at the 3rd node and fan tuck, ending up with 8 colas, the 6 are huge and the last 2 are a bit smaller and got shaded under some fans. As for the plants height I am thinking they suffered the shortness because of light proximity; I never let them far enough to allow any major stretching. Looking back I can definitely see they need that 12-18" distance from the light to help get that stretch mode kicking in somewhat. I wonder too about the Advanced Nutrients Big bud, I did some reading that it also stops vertical growth; so who knows. Learnings noted and round two will be better than ever.

Right one my friend, how amazing is it to smoke your own grown bud : ) heaven I tell ya

Hey Mephisto~Gang!

Reaching closer and closer to the end for the SourBubbly-Cush. This weeks growth has been focused on pumping up those caylx with all that goodness! and getting her orange hairs on. Mostly Cloudy trichs from todays pics. So I guess shes gonna be ~day70 cut. She sure has put on a nice coat of crystal.

SBC
DAY64_MAY25th-D.JPG
DAY64_MAY25th-C.JPG
DAY64_MAY25th-B.JPG
DAY64_MAY25th-A.JPG

For those interested here is a shot of the Sour Hound bud I took apart and enjoyed today, was a great 420!~ I think the she was a more chem-dawgging pheno [or the small container issue] as the buds were a bit fluffed out. However they is a coat of sticky resin left on your fingers when putting the buds into the grinder.
Sour-Hound_bud1.JPG

Thanks for stopping in everyone!

Back