New Grower A letter to Slater...what you did right and wrong at the start

Solid read!! Though i am not sure i fully agree with the no cheap chinese leds. I use populargrow for my indoor plants and they have treated me very well. Sure they may not be the raw power of the new tech lights, but for my setup(especially considering cost versus effectiveness).

to be honest I will agree with you, as beginner you can' t go wrong with a Mars or a Vipar really, gonna grow some tgood weed. It was more a comment that the DIY Cob tech is the same price if not cheaper than a lot of those lights at the same wattage. If you have the skills build.

Great write up mate hope you can do a journal or two if you can find the time even if its just a few pics here and there [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk

A journal is in the pipe line. @TheMongol has sent me some super soil for test a grow. Really looking forward to it, going to to do the coco / soil taste comparison test.

to be honest I will agree with you, as beginner you can' t go wrong with a Mars or a Vipar really, gonna grow some tgood weed. It was more a comment that the DIY Cob tech is the same price if not cheaper than a lot of those lights at the same wattage. If you have the skills build.

Yeah thats it man...lots of beginners don't have the skills or tools to build their own. I think for an absolute entry level a populargrow/galaxyhydro would be a fine light to get started. Are DIY cobs really that cheap to build? Less than $100 will get you up and running? Jeez maybe i should look closer into Diy cobs then!!

Hell ya, great opening Slater!
Glad you're testing the Superfood " Florganics" and i know right now, that you'll be impressed by the performance!
seite 1.png

seite 2.png

What pot size do you plan for the soil/coco comparison grow?

Yeah thats it man...lots of beginners don't have the skills or tools to build their own. I think for an absolute entry level a populargrow/galaxyhydro would be a fine light to get started. Are DIY cobs really that cheap to build? Less than $100 will get you up and running? Jeez maybe i should look closer into Diy cobs then!!

A 100w cob set up will perform the same if not better than a burple that clams to be 600w (they normally pull around the 300w mark)... its getting cheaper the DIY option if you shop around and use citizen COBs, You can get a 100w+ light together for around the £150 mark depending on pimping.

Back