Jean-O's Show Grows 2024 5 tester positions for Where's My Dog and What The Fuck strains for Jean-O's Genetics

Looks like you have everything under control brother. Did you top the plants? Or do they stay low and bushy straight out of the box?

Day 19 for the WMD
20211128_135932.jpg
20211128_140019.jpg

WTF Day 0
20211128_140105.jpg

Full update is in my dedicated thread lol, don't want to clog this one up :rofl: Grown in FFOF with Grow Dots applied at planting. Two doses of recharge at the very start, and then just plain PH'ed water ever since.

Looks like you have everything under control brother. Did you top the plants? Or do they stay low and bushy straight out of the box?
I did not top. I have on the rare occasion top the auto's but usually don't. I like to use LST with the pipe cleaners but have been looking to maybe get some of the flexible garden wire stuff the hydro store has. One of the Where's My Dog is a triploid so its already pretty bushy as are the Strawberry Kush and Straw Dog in the cab right now. Looks like it should fill up pretty nicely over the next few weeks!

I did not top. I have on the rare occasion top the auto's but usually don't. I like to use LST with the pipe cleaners but have been looking to maybe get some of the flexible garden wire stuff the hydro store has. One of the Where's My Dog is a triploid so its already pretty bushy as are the Strawberry Kush and Straw Dog in the cab right now. Looks like it should fill up pretty nicely over the next few weeks!
Man. I loved seeing your pipe cleaners! Seems perfect for the use!

Yeah, I love the green soft wire!!! I get mine at True Value hardware. On long pulls, I use garden Velcro tape with the wire. Just wrap the velcro around the wire several times and then twist the wire around itself. Last trip, I bought the fatter wire, but it's not really needed.

Have you just laid over a girl as a way of LST? I did that in my first grow and it worked out really well. It's opens up a lot of bud sites and sure kills the main cola dominance quickly.........actually I started early enough that it never really occurred.
I do think it causes more sucker branches to occur. Ya just gotta pick which suckers to keep.......some put out pretty good colas. I don't think the suckers are strain related. I've done it to 3 different strains with the same results. I guess the hormones are causing the suckers with it trying to reestablish the main cola dominance. It would be interesting to find out what hormone is released............I'll guess that's probably known, just not to me.
I started around day 20 or so. I put the anchor on the bottom and then take a pull from the top. A bunch of leaf tucking will expose the new sites. I was going to do it in the current Earthbox girl with her planted to one end, but the box got tilted and she got shifted to the middle.
Maybe if I closely monitor the suckers, I think I can get some bit bigger main colas.

Seed drop Wednesday! Thanks Jean-O! Safe and sound. I honestly cant wait to start up one of the Wheres My Dog beans. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Ok, no more buying seeds till next year... lol

20211201_144057.jpg

Back