Fast Buds 4 Strain Throwdown: Which Buds are REALLY the Fastest? C4 vs Cali Sno vs Green Crack vs DDP

Day 22 update, everybody (except the new guy) is budding at this point You might notice some slight clawing, I did too, they just got a massive flush right before these pics, in some slightly alkaline water, get them away from teh nitrogen for a little while. In a week or so, I'll hit them with the bloom nutes, cause they're already covered, you'll see!

New guy first, here is a surprise, I did not get Gorilla Glue SEEDS I got Gorilla Glue PLANTS 19 days old today, so that they can be exposed to the Green Crack Pollen, becoming Green Kong!

IMG_20160727_204659.jpg
IMG_20160727_204704.jpg
IMG_20160727_204716.jpg

Here is the Cali Sno, Nice little bushy girl, covered in bud sites already, soon to be the mother of the first Cali Crack plants ever:

IMG_20160727_204324.jpg
IMG_20160727_204304.jpg
IMG_20160727_204258.jpg

Next we have the C4-matic, which are showing some sativa dominance, I think, but is getting nice and purple, which I like, when combined with the Green Crack, this will be C-Green:

IMG_20160727_204118.jpg
IMG_20160727_204110.jpg
IMG_20160727_204045.jpg

And last but certainly not least, my one true love - Green Crack:
IMG_20160727_203851.jpg
IMG_20160727_203838.jpg
IMG_20160727_203755.jpg

I don't even want to show a pic of my deep dark purple survivor, its a tiny little mangled mutant of a plant. I haven't done it in simply because I want those Deep Dark Crack seeds, but it really really is just wasting space that I could be using to grow plants young enough NOT to be pollinated, and be worth smoking.

notes so far - I had hypothesized that smaller pots would result in shorter taproots, and thus a shorter, faster finishing plant. Thus far, even the Green Crack that went through it's stretch is not over 20" tall (though that C4 is starting to become the exception that makes the rule...). This allows me to maximize light penetration, and maintain a maximum amount of plant in the 'sweet spot' under my lights, without having to do as much shaping, which does stress the plant (low stress is still stress) and slow development.

Last edited:
I don't even want to show a pic of my deep dark purple survivor, its a tiny little mangled mutant of a plant. I haven't done it in simply because I want those Deep Dark Crack seeds, but it really really is just wasting space that I could be using to grow plants young enough NOT to be pollinated, and be worth smoking.

I started 3 of my 5 dark purples a few days ago, 2 sprouted and died, The one looks ok so far. I started 5 a while back, not one popped. I think I've managed to grow out one free plant this year. What is up with the free seeds being crap?

Here's my pathetic looking Deep Dark Purple. It's gonna grow bud, so I'm gonna try to pollinate it. Hopefully the mutant gene is recessive

IMG_20160802_165940.jpg

I very carefully pulled one calyx off of one node on the C4, and peeled it back to find this almost fully formed seed waiting for me! The other mommies may be a little behind, but at this point - C-Green (C4xGreen Crack) is a reality!

ce35dca5-6702-4cd9-9d4e-903815720d6b.jpg
e6e408a3-2d26-45b5-98a0-6074809c0ccc.jpg

awesome man! I wanna see the results from the crosses.
cool stuff

Oh, dude, fingers crossed, I have a good feeling about these crosses, Green Crack is my absolute favorite, so I gotta believe anything that's half GC will be top notch, and I am VERY confident about the Grapefruit, Gorilla Glue, and Cali Snow crosses, I am pretty sure they are going to be top shelf. The C4s i have are showing a lot of sativa dominance, and I'm expecting to lose the purple color on the hybrids (maybe not though) and the Deep Dark Purple just keeps going mutant on me, I'm nervous to breed it, but I'm going to give it it's fair chance.

I just harvested my first green crack, 3 days ago. We were just smoking some out around a fire, good stuff, diesel fuel taste, me lady described it as acetone. How much do you normally get off one?

I pulled over 2 oz per plant out of 3 gallon pots last time, I'm in 2 gallon pots this time, so I expect a slight reduction.

Back