Fast Buds 4 Strain Throwdown: Which Buds are REALLY the Fastest? C4 vs Cali Sno vs Green Crack vs DDP

@iampepe for IR I used to just use regular incandescent bulbs, and that's fine, but I switched over a few months ago to regular IR lights like a restaurant would use to heat food, and i feel like they let me direct the light better, and I can definitely feel the heat more, I burned a bud on one plant when I first switched. I think they're westinghouse or GE, they sell for like $3 at Lowes. Not fancy in other words.

As for teh plants - after 24 hours of soaking, about half of the Fast Buds seeds already started throwing taproots. One DDP did also. They are in the soil, and I should have pics of the younguns by wednesday or thursday.

Yeah thats what I was thinking as well, i've got a couple already and reflectors used to keep baby chicks warm in the early spring. I just need another programmable timer.

:woohoo:

Day 1 is already upon us, folks!

As of today, all 8 seeds popped! Both DDPs and one Cali Sno came up upside down, I gently flipped them over and wet the area around them, hopefully they all make it - I can't imagine it was more stressful to the seeds than the paper towel method can be.

IMG_20160705_232643.jpg

my bet is the C4 as well @Gabe, i love me some fastbuds... im subbing up brotha!:pop:

Ok, Here are the Week 1 pics from teh 4 strain throwdown - the Green Crack (not Surprisingly) is taking an early lead:

IMG_20160711_175550.jpg
IMG_20160711_175532.jpg

Right behind is the C4 - at least both of these are looking like they're going to make it - unlike the next two!

IMG_20160711_175526.jpg
IMG_20160711_175521.jpg

Here is the Deep Dark Purple - one of these seeds grew in upside down, and now it's a dwarf - I'm kinda glad to have the extra space - my cousin is bringing me some FB Gorilla Glue Seeds next week, and the contest is coming up. At least one looks like it will make it into the contest. I wont pull the little guy til I get teh other seeds.

IMG_20160711_175414.jpg
IMG_20160711_175405.jpg

And here is the Cali Sno - same issue as teh DDP - dwarfism! Again, i will be needing the space, but I always hate to lose time and seeds (you know - $) over errors I know I could have avoided were I more cautious. Live and learn.

IMG_20160711_175224.jpg
IMG_20160711_175235.jpg

Last edited:
Lol too funny man. What strains ya crossing?

Green Crack is gonna be the poppa, he's extra stinky, too. The plants being pollinated are going to be Green Crack, California Snow, C4, very likely Grapefruit, because I am running that for teh video contest, and IDK that I'll be able to keep her from getting knocked up, and hopefully Gorilla Glue, my cousin is just dropping those seeds off on me later today, so they have a late start. I am really disappointed, all 3 of my Deep Dark Purple seem to have some up as mutants, dwarves and twisted leaves - I haven't given up on them totally yet, but I guess that's why they were free!

Back