2x55 watt T5 light on seedlings - advice needed

I me
Wow, that sounds like a good idea to use smaller pots, like 2-3 litres. I think my 11litre pots are way too unwieldy under the T5 lights and the seedlings look really list in them!
I mean LOST, not LIST!!

According to how much room in my veg cabinet which of course is usually packed; Sometimes I germ in final containers...sometimes in solo cup, then transplant.
I grow in small pots, 2-3ltr which provides me with way more weed than I can use and make several friends happy.
Did you mean 2-3 Litre pots or 2-3 Gallon pots? Thanks

Did you mean 2-3 Litre pots or 2-3 Gallon pots? Thanks
2-3 litres have been my choice for years and most strains do well....but recently started using 1-2 gallon fabric pots for just mephisto strains as they only yeild less than half of some others when in smaller pots.
I'll never go larger simply because I cannot handle larger pots. I bloom in a small tent and like growing several at a time.
There's a helpful thread somewhere about hefty auto in small pots.
I've been growing in small pots for 14 yrs but the article was very helpful.

2-3 litres have been my choice for years and most strains do well....but recently started using 1-2 gallon fabric pots for just mephisto strains as they only yeild less than half of some others when in smaller pots.
I'll never go larger simply because I cannot handle larger pots. I bloom in a small tent and like growing several at a time.
There's a helpful thread somewhere about hefty auto in small pots.
I've been growing in small pots for 14 yrs but the article was very helpful.

That's very interesting. I only want to grow 2 autoflowering plants a year for personal use.

My first ever effort at the beginning of Oct in final 14 litre pots was underwhelming to say the least. It's almost 28 days now and they're only about 5 inches tall with 3 sets of leaves and a very thin stem. I germinated them in a sunny windowsill and they got very leggy as a result. I doubt that they'll do well.

Second time round starting at the end of Oct I tried something different and germinated two autos in jiffy pellets in their final 10 litre pots, and bought a t5 light (2x55w) to help things along. I don't have a grow tent so the lights are rigged up in a rather inventive way over the pots, about 6 inches above them.

It's now 5 days since germination and both plants are small with tiny cotyledons and miniscule first sets of leaves appearing. I thought autos would be easy for a beginner like myself. So third time round, I'm gonna go for a 3 litre pot and sow the seed direct into it. My aim is to keep under t5 for a week or so and then put them outdoors. I'm in Australia, so the sun is plenty hot enough. Thanks for the tip!

That's very interesting. I only want to grow 2 autoflowering plants a year for personal use.

My first ever effort at the beginning of Oct in final 14 litre pots was underwhelming to say the least. It's almost 28 days now and they're only about 5 inches tall with 3 sets of leaves and a very thin stem. I germinated them in a sunny windowsill and they got very leggy as a result. I doubt that they'll do well.

Second time round starting at the end of Oct I tried something different and germinated two autos in jiffy pellets in their final 10 litre pots, and bought a t5 light (2x55w) to help things along. I don't have a grow tent so the lights are rigged up in a rather inventive way over the pots, about 6 inches above them.

It's now 5 days since germination and both plants are small with tiny cotyledons and miniscule first sets of leaves appearing. I thought autos would be easy for a beginner like myself. So third time round, I'm gonna go for a 3 litre pot and sow the seed direct into it. My aim is to keep under t5 for a week or so and then put them outdoors. I'm in Australia, so the sun is plenty hot enough. Thanks for the tip!
Cool man!
I hear ya with your initial observations of your first autos. Most do start off like miniatures and seem very slow at getting going. Even after 14 yrs, I still take pictures to assure myself they are actually growing. Some strains are just that way.
I too grow just for myself and now has become a delightful hobby as I love to watch my medicine grow!
I've always started under T5 and notice a bit of shock when moved to my tent under led/cobs.
Try to manage your environ as much as ya can and you'll get it figured out.

Back