New Grower 2nd Grow: LED, Soil, Bubba Kush, Jack Herer, Bruce Banner, BubbleGum

What's up everyone! Grew my first bud two years ago, a move back home, and some logistical issues aside, I am now back and rolling! wohooooo!

My first grow taught me sooo much. Probably the most important thing I learned, was that this is the greatest hobby of all time. There is nothing like caring for your plants, watching them grow, and then sitting around a table in your backyard with your closest friends and smoking that shit, that you grew.

My last grow was a cheap budget 2 plant grow in a closet. I grew two durban poison's. You can check out the beginning of my grow here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/1st-grow-dp-auto-durban-posion-led-grow.58119/ (Due to finishing up school, I stopped updating halfway through). I ended with a respectable yield of a little over 2.5 ounces in total, the smoke was dope. For this grow we have upgraded big time!

The Space: A 5 X 5 tent in the basement of my house. Got an exhaust and Intake set up to bring fresh air directly from outside. Using a small space heater, to keep room in the mid-high 70s (Growing in the Northeast, and it is still cold out). Using a humidifier to keep the RH in the 30's (Not ideal, but all we can work with rn with the dry air of march coming in).

Lights: 3 Mastergrow LED 600 Watt LED lights

Medium: 5 gallon Smart pots, filled with about 70/30 Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil and Espoma Perlite

Nutrients: Will be using General Organics Go Box. Was gifted this by a friend for my birthday a few weeks ago, and after reading some reviews am really excited to use these nutes! Interested to hear other's experiences with them.

Strains: 1 Bubba Kush, 1 Bruce Banner, 1 Jack Herer, 3 Bubble gum. We planned on growing, 1 Northern Lights, 1 Gorilla Glue, and 1 Amnesia Haze instead of the Bubble Gums. But our GG and Amnesia never germinated and our Northern Lights never popped above the soil (think I planted it too deep :/). Still really excited for this grow. Been smoking a lot of Jack Herrer vape cartridges and am excited to grow our own! I have a special attachment to the Bubba as well, my significant other has been dealing with a terrible chronic nerve illness this past year, and Bubba is supposed to be good for that kind of pain.

Going to tag some people who really helped me out last grow, hoping y'all can follow along again this time, and help out when needed. Excited to be back! Excited to be on this journey again. Lets get it! @Z_Bop @Slater @NugNoob @Burr_nit @Mcdee @Powerful14 @Benjamin Squire @jingo @budelee @WalterW

ALSO FUCK TOM BRADY AND THE PATRIOTS :finger:

Tent:
View attachment 1028263

Day 3 of Bubba View attachment 1028266

Day 1 of Bruce Banner
View attachment 1028267

Here is the Jack Herrer, it popped up yesterday with its shell still on, I helped it off earlier this morning. So Day 1?
View attachment 1028268

2 of the bubba's were put in soil yesterday, one this morning will update as they come up.

Lets goooo!!!!!:baby:

this look like its going to be some good shits and giggles... bubba , banner, bubble, and jack
Double_41e91a_377315.gif
... looks we are in for ride with these heavy weight names... so what breeders are we talking about @Tom'sinflatedballs ?

grabbing a chair...
giphy67.gif

@Slater that is an excellent question that any respectable grower and seed bank should know the answer too...

Unfortunately I do not know... bought seeds from i49 seedbank. Not sure how or why. But they dont have the breeders info.

Quick Update. Things are looking good. The bubble gums are starting to pop. I knocked the shell off the jack herer, and it stayed closed for over a day. It has opened up, but the leaves are all bent and funky.

My Gf's boss was teaching her how to make origami dragons, so we now have Steven the dragon guarding our tent from bad fortunes, mold and bugs. :dragon1:

Steven the Dragon.jpg

Bubba Kush Day 5
Bubba.jpg

Bruce Banner Day 3
Bruce.jpg

Jack Herer Day 2 (The funky one)
Jack Herer tall.jpg

Hey y'all another update. Things are going pretty smoothly. Plants a chugging a long and loving life it looks like. Unfortunately only 2 of the bubble gums sprouted. So we are only growing 5 plants this grow instead of 6. The dead bubblegum looked like it was going to pop out of the soil, we could see the top of its shell, but it never did. Pulled it today, the roots looked dead/dry. Think we let soil get to dry. Whoops.

Bubba Kush Day 9
Bubba.jpg

Thinking I will do Bubba's first big water tomorrow, probs around 1.5 liters. Have only been watering less than .5 liters every few days around the stem.

Bruce Banner Day 7
Bruce.jpg

Jack Herer Day 6 (Recovered well from its funky twisted day and loving life, growing faster than the Bruce a day ahead of it)
Jack Herer.jpg

Bubblegum 1 Day 3
BubbleGUm 1.jpg

BubbleGum 2 Day 3 (Stretching a bit, but not sure exactly why. The light is same distance above plants as the other two lants, and the Jack Herer, who shares this light, seems to be a healthy height. Not worried, but might need to support it with something if it keeps stretching)
Bubblegum 2.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

I forgot how fricking beautiful I find this plant. Took this shot last night. This is the Bubba day 11. Slightly symmetrically off but beautiful none the less. She really enjoyed her first significant watering two few days ago. Will probs give her another today.
20190321_224912.jpg

Hey y'all some more updates. Having some concerns about one plant and could use some help thinking it through! @Mcdee @Z_Bop @Slater @shumway @jingo @7.62 @archie gemmill
@Time @rick-j

Bubba: Day 13. Looking really good and healthy. Going to let it dry one more day and water it tomorrow with a 1/4th dosage of general organics nutrients. I know people in here warned about the FFOF, but someone who uses FFOF and General Organics starts with a low dosage at the 3rd node.
Bubba - Copy (2).jpg
Bubba Height - Copy.jpg

Bruce Banner: Day 11 Also looking pretty good. Not stretching much, the 2nd set of leaves are practically resting on the first set of true leaves. Looks very indica in stature?
Bruce Banner.jpg
Bruce Height.jpg

Jack Herer: Day 10
This is the plant I could use some help with. It has been growing like a beast. But I noticed these markings on some of the leaves. It might be hard to see because of the LED light ( I ordered led lenses to hopefully take better pictures, they will be here tuesday). It could be thrips, although I find it hard to believe, as it is winter here and I am not sure where they would have come from. I think more likely is that it need cal-mag. But it seems a little early for that. Let me know what you think. I would prefer to let it dry another day or too before watering with cal-mag if that is the issue, but could give it a light feeding tonight.

Jack.jpg

Jack Leaf.jpg

BubbleGum 1: Day 7
BG 1.jpg
Bg 1 Height.jpg

BubbleGum 2: Day 7
Bg 2.jpg
Bg 2 height.jpg

Thanks for the help y'all! Hope you are enjoying march madness, it has been brutal for me so far... But lets go MSU!

Attachments

• Bubba Height - Copy.jpg
    Bubba Height - Copy.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 48
  • BG 1.jpg
    BG 1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
im the worst at the diagnosis game if its not cal/mag :crying: a week old plant shouldnt have any defs even in the weakest of soils.
im thinking variagation by the random ish patterns.but as allways a 4th opinion is needed.
:pighug:

Cant see anything with those lights, kill'em and take pic with flash or turn on other light. Could be calmag cant tell lol if using coco, r/o water need calmag. Cob led need it too from what I hear and reg led may too. 1st get good pic or look pic up of calmag. Oh, wait your using ffof did you give straight water? Sometimes what you think is a deficiency is a toxicity. If it's a toxicity it can prevent absorption of nutrients causing it to not get what it needs. Ph issues can be a reason for this as well, so check your ph you should be around 6.8-7 to be safe with ffof. It says it buffers but I would ph to that to be safe. Did you spill nutrients on it? I'm super stoned right now lol so cant think at the moment so maybe missing some stuff but check those.

im the worst at the diagnosis game if its not cal/mag :crying: a week old plant shouldnt have any defs even in the weakest of soils.
im thinking variagation by the random ish patterns.but as allways a 4th opinion is needed.
:pighug:
Yeah I think its calmag but cant say for sure with those lights. I have had issues in the pass, could also be potassium they look similar if I recall correctly. I'm no expert but calmag is simple fix. I just always use because I use r/o water.

Thanks guys. Going to give it a light water with some Cal-Mg and see how it likes it. If I leave lights on 24 hours will turning the lights off to take some pics shock the plants? I imagine it will. The tent is in a dimly lit basement so I think the only way to get a good pic will be in a few days when the special led lenses come.

Back