New Grower 2nd Grow - Double Grape/Amnesia XXL - Soil - COB LED

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am back with a new username for my second ever grow.

I was here a little over a year ago and tried 3x white widow in a 3x3x6 with COBs from Cobshop.net, but never fully completed the grow journal. I could not recover my former account, but no worries. I am ready to begin again.

As last time, I will be using the same sized tent. I will also be using FFOF and FF liquid nutes when/if the time comes. I have up to 4 autocobs ready, but will most likely use 3 max. Instead of using three 3 gallon smart pots like before, I will be using three 5 gallons this time - still fabric. Instead of the White Widow, I will be using what is supposed to be a killer cross of Double Grape w/ Amnesia XXL.

I dropped my seeds 2 days ago but still have 1 floater. I received them over a year ago. I will attempt to germ them all ofc anyway. I am still waiting on soil to arrive and have not yet set up the tent at this point.

20190112_2048123.jpg

From my first grow experience, I have some PTSD from issues that arose then. I remember the plants burning early and often, with curled and dried leaves that had to be removed semi-frequently. I never did any LST, as I never knew the right time or what exactly to do. I do remember having very beautiful plants, but they didn't yield as much as I would have thought. I believe it was a little over 1oz per plant - with half of each plant being small stuff. I remember how sweet it smelled the night that I harvested. It made me think of sticky candy, and the scent was intoxicating. I was told it all smoked very well and was the best that my friends had ever had - not that that's really saying a lot. I, to this day, have never smoked myself.

With this grow journal, I hope that some of you can assist me throughout in getting to the finish line with a better outcome than last. This is still fairly new to me.

See you soon.

hi and :welcome: again @Filthy :pass:hmm but if ya dont smoke why grow ? start a journal,plenty of folk around to keep you right :thumbsup:

been lurking for some time or first day here ? :CSR: im archie gemmill :footy:your butlins blue coat hi de high site rep :paleo:a few things well worth a read.

Site Terms Of Use
regardless if you read them or not,you have agreed to abide by them,so best cast your eye over takes 2 mins,in short no religion politics and dont be a knob :shooty:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/site-terms-of-use.13737/

New Member Intros
why not do an intro,tell us something about yourself your grow or your ferret :shrug:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/live-introductions.35/
Live Stoner Gossip bit lost or stuck,got a question ? a cuppa tea getting cold and a rocket to burn ?:coffee::smokeout:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/january-2019.69160/page-35
some Guides and Tutorials:laptop:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
start a journal in the new growers section :watering:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/new-growers-grow-journals.44/

follow along with Ash-A-Ton from seed to jar thread :smokeit:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seed-to-jar-live-guide.65331/

have a good look around,click on some signature links.

anything else just ask away or @ me
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

hi and :welcome: again @Filthy :pass:hmm but if ya dont smoke why grow ? start a journal,plenty of folk around to keep you right :thumbsup:

been lurking for some time or first day here ? :CSR: im archie gemmill :footy:your butlins blue coat hi de high site rep :paleo:a few things well worth a read.

Thanks Archie. I just enjoy the science and process. Not my first day here, I spent a lot of time around a year ago during my first grow, but I haven't been back since until now.

So, after moving from glass to towel for 2 days, I had one seed (the one that never did sink) not germinate. I do have 3 straight Double Grapes in seed and could start one today to replace... Anyone know how large a Double Grape x Amnesia XXL could get? I have a 3x3x6ft tent. May do the two good ones that Ive got plus another Double Grape.

Also, my FFOF has not yet arrived. Should I throw these two into some generic potting soil in a solo cup for now and put into the FFOF upon arrival? On my last grow, I put the sprouted seeds straight into FFOF in their 3 gallon pots - I never did any cups and transplanting. I was thinking of doing the same thing again, but I'm also using 5 gallon pots this time. Should I start in cups, what would you do?

20190117_143015.jpg

So, after moving from glass to towel for 2 days, I had one seed (the one that never did sink) not germinate. I do have 3 straight Double Grapes in seed and could start one today to replace... Anyone know how large a Double Grape x Amnesia XXL could get? I have a 3x3x6ft tent. May do the two good ones that Ive got plus another Double Grape.

Also, my FFOF has not yet arrived. Should I throw these two into some generic potting soil in a solo cup for now and put into the FFOF upon arrival? On my last grow, I put the sprouted seeds straight into FFOF in their 3 gallon pots - I never did any cups and transplanting. I was thinking of doing the same thing again, but I'm also using 5 gallon pots this time. Should I start in cups, what would you do?

View attachment 1001773
They could potentially be big, I'd get them roots in some soil. I start all mine in 2 solo cups, the inner cup i cut windows in and the bottom out, I then plant the inner cup when the plant is ready.

They could potentially be big, I'd get them roots in some soil. I start all mine in 2 solo cups, the inner cup i cut windows in and the bottom out, I then plant the inner cup when the plant is ready.

Thanks Pepe. Do the roots hold that medium intact in that inner cup when you go to pull it out and bury it? And how long do you keep them in a cup before you move into pot?

Back