Outdoor 2019 mid Michigan Growtogrow outside

every plant seems to have an individual want and need
Truer words were never spoken. This applies to all plants, no matter what the situation. It's one thing to learn to grow from seed and get a crop, it's quite another to finally realize they are all individuals. You just have to know how to respond accordingly. I've been in pro greenhouse work since I was in my early twenties, and you never stop learning. Fast flowering and better harvests is apparently going to be trickier with autos. Are you growing inside for winter GtG or do you have plenty, lol?

Truer words were never spoken. This applies to all plants, no matter what the situation. It's one thing to learn to grow from seed and get a crop, it's quite another to finally realize they are all individuals. You just have to know how to respond accordingly. I've been in pro greenhouse work since I was in my early twenties, and you never stop learning. Fast flowering and better harvests is apparently going to be trickier with autos. Are you growing inside for winter GtG or do you have plenty, lol?
Yeah just getting ready to start revamping my grow room and strategies. everything that I'm going to do to prevent any mishaps with all the different things that can happen.
I'm trying to have a better plan.

my setup will be a recycling hydro system.
I was going to go to the deep water culture. But had a different idea. I'm going to make my own long takes 8'L 18"w 12"d. Each plant will have their own space.
With this type of tank I have way less seals and joints to worry about leaking. I also won't have to worry about the roots clogging up the little pipe between the thanks cuz there won't be one no just be a nice big opening between each fault tank so the likelihood of them tangling up will be very far less I'll stagger the tank opening so the one flows from one side and then one flows to the other side so the likelihood of the roots becoming entangled is much less

Last edited:
I'm on a 276 foot deep well of rock hard water, I could never hydro. I can grow some great African lake tropical fish, and some amazing South American cichlids, but I couldn't keep a neutral water fish to save my life, and to keep a soft water fish I've got to add peat and buy water. I already know better. The room I've got for growing this winter was originally a room for breeding tropical fish, so I have an air blower and piping set up in there already, and a ceiling fan. I'm just going to collect snow, this summer's rain water was perfect. I've got about 15'x15' feet to work with, still not sure of a plan. I need a plan.

I pull from a 300 foot artesian well and it comes out at 300 plus ppm at 4.5 PH. Basically eats copper. When I redid all
My copper because it fell apart I installed s whole house filter and then added a Corosex/calcite brine tank to bring my PH up. In the grow room after it goes through a simple under sink charcoal filter its back down to 300 ppm and 7.5 ph.

You never know what you can grow in till you try. If I was to tell most people I had that ppm and calcium salts they would tell me I’d need RO or to buy water.

I run Megacrop as my main nutrient

FB

I'm on a 276 foot deep well of rock hard water, I could never hydro. I can grow some great African lake tropical fish, and some amazing South American cichlids, but I couldn't keep a neutral water fish to save my life, and to keep a soft water fish I've got to add peat and buy water. I already know better. The room I've got for growing this winter was originally a room for breeding tropical fish, so I have an air blower and piping set up in there already, and a ceiling fan. I'm just going to collect snow, this summer's rain water was perfect. I've got about 15'x15' feet to work with, still not sure of a plan. I need a plan.
I pull from a 300 foot artesian well and it comes out at 300 plus ppm at 4.5 PH. Basically eats copper. When I redid all
My copper because it fell apart I installed s whole house filter and then added a Corosex/calcite brine tank to bring my PH up. In the grow room after it goes through a simple under sink charcoal filter its back down to 300 ppm and 7.5 ph.

You never know what you can grow in till you try. If I was to tell most people I had that ppm and calcium salts they would tell me I’d need RO or to buy water.

I run Megacrop as my main nutrient

FB
Well there y'a go[emoji106]

The big cage girls 2 are now all in the ground. The formal yard girl's in waiting.

These are the plant's that I put to much ash and sand in the soil mix. Making it too sweet for some of them.
60420a335345018f6b42d709b4eb8e97.jpg
cc59c9f6de3d21feeb287283cc2b2517.jpg
a83ee6b8c9678bab38dfb7ef53340238.jpg
f745727f7e94c52b52143a299abbc9c4.jpg
315171370ffeccc461cc93259d9fc576.jpg
e5500dc12acbd6538656dff66e380889.jpg
5fadbe0268f485f53cb302299c29d942.jpg
93fad1130d24dc2b8d0f2b4e0789fca8.jpg

What are the roller things on the top of your cage that look like they would be used for a retractable cover of some kind in the first picture?
Welcome @Wdoug58 [emoji482]

Yes you are correct[emoji482]

Yes I do light depth technology.
I'm on my second crop this year outside[emoji481][emoji482][emoji111]
84106acb80aff733865c5b5e3613a4d8.jpg
9d2e5cfce5d4e94bc72b200231fece29.jpg
121747d0e4fac85349832109f561d973.jpg
1b82e47fffc6e3febc1bf04797e624ae.jpg
0922edbbfdbfb7b31f14a93cb7dfac52.jpg

Man looking great ! I really like that incredible bulk you got their. Hows the smoke on her ? I'll bet ur glad the season is winding down I know I am. I'll b starting harvest on some here in about 2 weeks. Hows the weather holding out for you up their ?

Back