Mephisto Genetics 2019 Artisanal Communal Test Thread!

There are a few growers on here where I flat out do not believe the “days” they say their plants are. No offense to some people. We are testing the strains. Let’s be honest about how old they are :shrug:

Day by day journals work best ... Some Folks, like me, aren’t really sure exactly so a day by day helps keep us straight ....

Seems I ask Wife often, what day is this?

Last edited:
Its a tad ridiculous to accuse master growers with long time rep to lie about plant age when we only started getting these unrealeased strains netween the end of jan to the first week in feb. I dont want this thread to be cluttered with this banter....look at the timelines

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quick update, sour crack is now @ 60 days from seed... onwards! Smells like rotten milk... everyone else is @ 37 from seed, things are happening... getting the wound spring look... MS and the HBH are leading the testers, with PP really moving now. SOH is still the runt, but that's really not fair. She'll be just fine.

Northern cheese Haze (back left) is a monster. I can't believe shes the same age.View attachment 1026649 View attachment 1026650 View attachment 1026651 View attachment 1026652 View attachment 1026653 View attachment 1026654 View attachment 1026655 View attachment 1026656 View attachment 1026657 View attachment 1026658 View attachment 1026659

Clean ..... Super Plant Management .... Good Lookers .... Well Done .....

Carry on!

Day by day journals are the best ... Some Folks, like me, aren’t really sure exactly so a day by day helps keep us straight!
Exactly why I'm tracking from seed. First leaves are great, but much more subjective, grower to grower. The dates I list are the dates I dropped the seeds in water. I believe the tests are to see how the genetics work in all different styles and mediums, lying about start times etc, wouldn't benefit anyone. Right now things are on track and flying, if shit goes sideways, I'll share that too, We are all here to learn.

Sometimes day to day updates can get rough, between the daily grow chores, keeping your own logs, here, Instagram etc...busy busy.

Exactly why I'm tracking from seed. First leaves are great, but much more subjective, grower to grower. The dates I list are the dates I dropped the seeds in water. I believe the tests are to see how the genetics work in all different styles and mediums, lying about start times etc, wouldn't benefit anyone. Right now things are on track and flying, if shit goes sideways, I'll share that too, We are all here to learn.

Wonder what day my Daddy planted his Seed, so that’s not our thinking, rather what’s our birthday ....

With that said we have a much longer life and easy to quantity so birthdays work in human race but you got me thinking about a Plant’s Life and how short it is, so, Soak Day makes perfect sense ..... Moving forward Soak Day will become my Official Start Day and Pop Day is when she is standing up with shell casing starting to shed.

F
Wonder what day my Daddy planted his Seed, so that’s not our thinking, rather what’s our birthday ....

With that said we have a much longer life and easy to quantity so birthdays work in human race but you got me thinking about a Plant’s Life and how short it is, so, Soak Day makes perfect sense ..... Moving forward Soak Day will become my Official Start Day and Pop Day is when she is standing up with shell casing starting to shed.
First true leaves would be fine if we could hang out and get a real feel for what we each call day 1... kinda been my pet peeve since starting to grow autos...glad I had a history in photos and knew what done looks like! Figured it was just me.

F

First true leaves would be fine if we could hang out and get a real feel for what we each call day 1... kinda been my pet peeve since starting to grow autos...glad I had a history in photos and knew what done looks like! Figured it was just me.

Photos and dates are huge help, dang sometimes I forget how old I am!

Photos and dates are huge help, dang sometimes I forget how old I am!

I hear you, am 52, I keep records the old way, hand written. Something about taking notes as apposed to typing them.

I hear you, am 52, I keep records the old way, hand written. Something about taking notes as apposed to typing them.

When you hand write it imprints into mind, typing does not, that’s the something .....

Peace!

I started keeping a written journal on my grow from the time I dropped the seeds. I document everything I do in the tent everyday.

Back