New Grower 1st time! How fubar are these?

Make sure the membrane that encases the interior of the seed isnt stuck to the cotyledon holding them together...they should have opened up by now. Maybe put a drop of water on the top if the membrane is holding them closed...

Just an observation, upon close inspection of your last couple of pics, it looks like the soil/mix is tightly compacted to me. When planting the seedlings the soil should be "loose" and just lightly cover the seedlings with the soil/mix. Looks like they are struggling to get free of the tight soil.
I was planning on adding more perlite to the soil but decided not to. I did just gently brush the soil over the seed and the last time I touched it was still lightly packed but you might be right.

Make sure the membrane that encases the interior of the seed isnt stuck to the cotyledon holding them together...they should have opened up by now. Maybe put a drop of water on the top if the membrane is holding them closed...
Oh thanks man I had read about that before but I wasnt sure

Every thing u did i do on a regular basis. I literally pop the beans all the way outta the shell and plant tap roots from paper towel 2 inches long straight into promix ultimate organic w led on 24/7. Dont water too much tho this can stunt it. It usually takes a 4-5 days to dry out where im at right now. Lift the pots to see if they are light. If not let it be. No nutes for atleast 10 days. Less is more. Kinda aproach works well w autos. Also it takes 2-3weeks before they really take off so patience is key.
OK well if that's the case then those ladies should take off soon here. They have only broken the surface for a week now if I'm right. I should have been keeping a journal so my dates are exact.

OK well if that's the case then those ladies should take off soon here. They have only broken the surface for a week now if I'm right. I should have been keeping a journal so my dates are exact.
Well shit man i didn't realize u were a week above ground..... If this was day 2 or three maybe it would work out.Those are probably not going to do much. Start some new beans bro even if these do get going it will be disapointing in the end. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Get a probe thermometer and leave it in the soil. U want minimum 65fmax 74f. 70f-72f is the sweet spot. If u saturate ur soil really well before planting u wont have to water much right off

Well shit man i didn't realize u were a week above ground..... If this was day 2 or three maybe it would work out.Those are probably not going to do much. Start some new beans bro even if these do get going it will be disapointing in the end. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Get a probe thermometer and leave it in the soil. U want minimum 65fmax 74f. 70f-72f is the sweet spot. If u saturate ur soil really well before planting u wont have to water much right off
I'm not going to let go just yet but yeah if they don't open soon I'll just get new seeds. I'm more after the experience than the yield. If i get them to flower a gram then I've made it all the way, and hopefully a better 2nd grow till finish.

Well i agree u should ride it out and dont trash these but go ahead and start more. From this point foward the time, energy and effort devoted to stunted plants will be equal to that of running a successful grow. The only difference will be whether ur trimming a pound of nugs or a small bag of fluff. Been there bro.

So quick update, I haven't watered in 3 days till today. Tried to do a circle but some ran down to the plants, but the sucker leaves of 2 plants have opened up. The tall one was the seed I thought was dead. The other 2 unfortunately haven't grown to be pic worthy. Should I still leave the pop bottles on them?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1921914880.jpg
    Snapchat-1921914880.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Snapchat-921643735.jpg
    Snapchat-921643735.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Thanks for this tip man it worked and it took just a tiny bit.

So I've gotten them this far with all the fantastic help around here. But the one plant seems way more yellow than the other. I've done a slurry of my soil and the Ph is ok. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1287852641.jpg
    Snapchat-1287852641.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Snapchat-20485929.jpg
    Snapchat-20485929.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 29
Back