1st time growing Autos, some questions

Get an IR gun and measure leaf temp. Then use the 0 deg correction. Alternatively use the 3 or 4 deg differential (less accurate). Make sense?

OK, I just realized that there are 6 different charts, how do you determine which chart you use?

Here is a link to a VPD website that has a calculator. Punch in your numbers and it will tell you where your VPD is. The calculator is down a ways, and farther down, an explanation of how VPD effects plants. Also, below that are VPD ranges for seedling/clone, veg, and flower.

Hope this helps a bit :thumbsup:

Thank you for the chart, I haven't seen that before. by the chart I'm in the correct zone for the late veg/early bloom stage, so I'm on there. I will dig out the humidifier, because I'm off every other stage. I appreciate it, my photos always did well at 42%

I started trying to follow those VPD charts and IMEO it's 10 - 20% too high for pot but fine for veggies. I've struggled with low RH for years but now just go with the flow. If RH is really low the plants will go thru a lot more water so lower your ppm a bunch to prevent burn or even worse, Toxic Salts Buildup that doesn't show until about mid-flower then it's too late to fix.

I've done about 50 DWC grows since '01 and always used RubberMaid tubs. I only changed nutes a couple times each grow cause tossing out perfectly good nutes every week especially when the plants are still smaller in veg goes against everything my tight-fisted Scottish dad ever taught me about thrift and waste. I started only doing a nute change after the stretch then switched to Lucas Formula style feeding with 3-part AN nutes but eventually I never changed nutes at all for the whole grow and everything grew just fine. Dad would of been proud. :)

I just check the ppm after topping up with RO water and then add small amounts in the same ratio to get back to my target. With low RH the highest I would ever go for a hungry Kush is around 750ppm and for others around 600.

With the smaller 15L rez you have it's not a big deal to change that out but the short tubs hold 35L an inch below the net pots and the taller tubs hold 50L. Even with a dozen bigger plants in one tub I only had to top up every 3 days so pH and ppm changed very slowly as the plants used the water. With the pH Perfect nutes never having to check pH is a blessing. I mean never! Even while growing in pots of Promix HP.

Your plant looks great but I would drop the ppm 25% or so. If it's not enough then lower fan leaves will begin to yellow so you can raise it easily.

:peace:

Here is a link to a VPD website that has a calculator. Punch in your numbers and it will tell you where your VPD is. The calculator is down a ways, and farther down, an explanation of how VPD effects plants. Also, below that are VPD ranges for seedling/clone, veg, and flower.

Hope this helps a bit :thumbsup:

Looks like a decent chart but I have to log into my Google account to be able to use it? That's a deal breaker for me so thanks but no thanks.

Anything that needs Google or F**kBook to run is a non-starter in my books. I avoid spyware as much as humanly possible.

Looks like a decent chart but I have to log into my Google account to be able to use it? That's a deal breaker for me so thanks but no thanks.

Anything that needs Google or F**kBook to run is a non-starter in my books. I avoid spyware as much as humanly possible.

i've never had to log in to anything to use it so don't know what's up.I clicked on the link i posted and took me to it np. It'z put out by the Pulse folks. :shrug: Maybe try going to the main website and clicking on the calculator from the tab "learn". https://pulsegrow.com/

i've never had to log in to anything to use it so don't know what's up.I clicked on the link i posted and took me to it np. It'z put out by the Pulse folks. :shrug: Maybe try going to the main website and clicking on the calculator from the tab "learn". https://pulsegrow.com/

I put in my email to get access and that's OK as my name isn't on that email and I run FireFox thru paid for ProtonVPN on my desktop PC but my google account(s) are in my real name so only use that for my cell phone account and whatever the other one was for. Haven't used either in ages.

The email link opened the chart maker but to edit it for my own data I have to first log in to my Google acct. I wasn't really going to use it for anything but always like checking out stuff like that. I have a very critical eye and the scientific training to understand what's going on with a lot of stuff and find that the majority of it is BS trying to part you from your money.

Maybe it's just that I'm an old retired hippy that has had to hide his pot use and growing for over 50 years and letting go of the paranoia isn't all that easy tho I think the younger crowd is crazy to give away as much as they do these days. No such thing as a free lunch and the amount of personal info they grab is scary.

It's not really paranoia when they ARE out to get you! ;)

I put in my email to get access and that's OK as my name isn't on that email and I run FireFox thru paid for ProtonVPN on my desktop PC but my google account(s) are in my real name so only use that for my cell phone account and whatever the other one was for. Haven't used either in ages.

The email link opened the chart maker but to edit it for my own data I have to first log in to my Google acct. I wasn't really going to use it for anything but always like checking out stuff like that. I have a very critical eye and the scientific training to understand what's going on with a lot of stuff and find that the majority of it is BS trying to part you from your money.

Maybe it's just that I'm an old retired hippy that has had to hide his pot use and growing for over 50 years and letting go of the paranoia isn't all that easy tho I think the younger crowd is crazy to give away as much as they do these days. No such thing as a free lunch and the amount of personal info they grab is scary.

It's not really paranoia when they ARE out to get you! ;)

Oh,, so that is access to the chart maker? I didn't print out a chart, I just use the calculator towards the bottom of the page. Think that is the difference. Don't have to sign in or give an email address to use the calculator. And with the calculator, you can put in different variables and see what the VPD is. I keep that tab open as leaf temperature varies throughout the grow.

Back