New Grower 1st grow - Dinafem Fruit Auto - harvested!

Trooperwife

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
First of all, I wish I have found this forum 6 weeks ago! This is my first ever grow, I mean to grow anything, let alone seed! Due to the medical reason for my husband, I decided to grow our own. From knowing nothing of cannabis (apart from it can get you high :smoking: and pain relief for my husband), to research on all sorts of things, such as THC,CBD,Indica,Sativa,photoperiod,autoflower, then to how to grow,what setups etc etc. It was doing my nutting and I am not quite sure I have absorbed all the information,lol

Well, it has to be done, has to be done so I went ahead and got the following setup:

- 3 gallon fabric pot
- Gold Label Hydro CoCo 60/40 Mix
- 50 x 50 x 100 grow tent (space restriction unfortunately)
- Kingbo 300w Led Light
- a mini air-con
- a small fan
- Rhino Hobby Carbon Filter + 4'' extraction fan
- Canna A+B, Cannazym,Canna Rhizotonic,Canna PK13/14,CalMag (4.2% N, 4.7% CaO, 1.7% MgO)

20/4 light. Temperature high 26C-28C,RH is 45%-55%, every now and again it is 65% but mostly stays on 50% mark. pH 6

My baby is now 37 days from the seed popped.I did some LST, everything is new to me and I am not sure what I was doing:biggrin: The first 4 weeks, it grew amazingly well and I became obsessive about the growth (mainly I hope I can get a good harvest, husband smokes about 5g a week, and sometimes I smoke a few joints:smoking: but hoping to get enough reserve so he doesn't run out. I am stressing myself a bit,lol ) and seeing it growing well everyday is so rewarding.

Unfortunately, my little baby started to have yellow leaves at the bottom, I thought it's because they didn't get the light so it is not a big deal. But then I see more yellow leaves at the bottom, and the middle part leaves are starting to get light green. I am not sure the causes, think I didn't give enough nute, as for week 5 I only gave 1.5ml p/l Canna A+B,CalMag 2ml p/l, Cannazym 1.2ml p/l, PK13/14 0.3ml p/l. I have up the nute this week tho and hopefully they will bud more and better. Have to wait and see and wish me luck:biggrin: Of course, if you kindly offer any tips/advises, it will be greatly appreciated:biggrin:

full

full
Only one looks like this and cut it on week 5.

full

full

full

full

full

Thanks for reading and will update in the following weeks.

:welcome: They look decent I would sooner say a bit under or over water possibly with the yellow leaves especially being you have been feeding them nitrogen from what I gather.

Sometimes over or under watering can be watering with too much or too little water as well, you want about 10 percent runoff. Have you been ph'ing your water what is the ph of the runoff?

They look pretty decent I don't really worry much when I see a few yellows anymore can be the plant just using up nutrients in flower but want to make sure everything is set right with ph, water and nutes.

:welcome: They look decent I would sooner say a bit under or over water possibly with the yellow leaves especially being you have been feeding them nitrogen from what I gather.

Sometimes over or under watering can be watering with too much or too little water as well, you want about 10 percent runoff. Have you been ph'ing your water what is the ph of the runoff?

They look pretty decent I don't really worry much when I see a few yellows anymore can be the plant just using up nutrients in flower but want to make sure everything is set right with ph, water and nutes.

Thanks for the reply and kind words,it is very encouraging:smoking: I read a lot about the run off but I did it only twice due to the limited space, it is not easy for me to collect the run off and lazy:eyebrows:. I measured how much run off and then determined how much water I need to give. I hand feed it everyday with about 200-500ml, depending on how dry the medium is. I put my finger in about an inch, if it is still moist, then I leave the watering later. I have to pH my water every time as we got very hard water, straight from the tap is pH 8.4.

Ya, I am doing good on my baby and haven't killed it yet:vibe:

@Trooperwife I would feed more water but less frequently for a plant that size in soil I feed almost a gallon every 3 days in a 3gal pot but it all depends on your conditions and growing medium I am not familiar with your growing medium but that doesn't sound like a lot of water it techniqually will keep them alive but there going to stay thirsty for that bit of extra water. I would just make sure you water till it comes out of the bottom a bit and for soil and soil like mediums you want your ph runoff to be between 6.2 and 6.5 if it is off a lot you can get issues.

hi and :welcome: @Trooperwife :pass: a 60/40 cococo/soil mix.they say you cant overwater with cococo.a plant of that size id water to just a dribble of runoff if possible :thumbsup:
no knowledge of canna nutes,but id guess you gould give a smidge more :smokeit:
been lurking for some time or first day here ? :CSR: im archie gemmill :footy:your butlins blue coat hi de high site rep :paleo:a few things well worth a read.

Site Terms Of Use
regardless if you read them or not,you have agreed to abide by them,so best cast your eye over takes 2 mins,in short no religion politics and dont be a knob :shooty:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/site-terms-of-use.13737/

New Member Intros
why not do an intro,tell us something about yourself your grow or your ferret :shrug:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/live-introductions.35/
Live Stoner Gossip bit lost or stuck,got a question ? a cuppa tea getting cold and a rocket to burn ?:coffee::smokeout:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/january-2019.69160/page-35
some Guides and Tutorials:laptop:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
start a journal in the new growers section :watering:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/new-growers-grow-journals.44/

follow along with Ash-A-Ton from seed to jar thread :smokeit:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seed-to-jar-live-guide.65331/

have a good look around,click on some signature links.

anything else just ask away or @ me
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

:welcome: Hi @Trooperwife and welcome to AFN! :welcome:

I've never heard of over watering in coco, especially if mixed with perlite. If it's mixed with soil than you still treat it like soil, (at least that's what I did when I grew outdoors), with your ph around 6.5
I believe you just need to up your feed gradually until you see the tip of the leaves start to burn, and then back off just a little. Just my 2 cents! :headbang:

Wow wow wow, thanks for all the replies and helpful tips:biggrin: Get excited to share with someone of my growth, as I said it's my first grow, most of the time I feel like an idiot:biggrin: just hope it will give me a good harvest:baked: @bhaskara_phoenix @Need4Weed I will try to up my nute and watering start from tomorrow and hopefully my baby will keep on thriving, finger crossed:biggrin:

@archie gemmill I found this forum for a couple days but didn't get time to read properly. I will have a look through all the given links. Thanks

So much more to learn,lol

https://www.autoflower.org/members/bhaskara_phoenix.43556/

I did say I knew nothing about coco guys just saying, def sounds like underwatering though with 500ml that is 0.132 gallon which is nothing for that plant just barely keeping it alive just saying no hard feelings or anything.

I did say I knew nothing about coco guys just saying, def sounds like underwatering though with 500ml that is 0.132 gallon which is nothing for that plant just barely keeping it alive just saying no hard feelings or anything.
No hard feelings at all whatsoever and am glad someone bothers to reply and give me some tips:biggrin: In the last 6 weeks, I was so helpless and now I am getting some pointers which is a big relief, at least you are not telling me that it is going to die:biggrin: so much to learn,so little time:smoking:

She is in Day 38 now. Up the nute a little and as advised gave her more water (1L). I know all I can do now is wait but am not very patient:biggrin: I want to see big budsssss:biggrin: What do you think of her today?pH 5.8. Temperature is 27C and 21C, RH is 67% and 56%. I can smell her once open the tent but it is not too strong yet.

Back