Indoor $1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

$1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Update:

All 5 Mazar XXL Auto seeds have sprouted a radicle! I planted them a few minutes ago. Now to see if they all make it above ground.

Mazar XXL seeds -pic1-5-28-2020.jpg

Update:

All 5 Mazar XXL Auto seeds have sprouted a radicle! I planted them a few minutes ago. Now to see if they all make it above ground.

View attachment 1196112

What's your approach if, like the one on the far right, not only have they sprouted a radical, but the seed-case is off and the dicotyledons are already out?
How far in do you bury/cover the root/radical?

I bury it to just below the cotyledons. Then immediately put it under a light. I was surprised to see this one so far advanced! I just now checked her and she's up straight and getting green! I'm going to keep track of this one!

What's your approach if, like the one on the far right, not only have they sprouted a radical, but the seed-case is off and the dicotyledons are already out?
How far in do you bury/cover the root/radical?

I bury it to just below the cotyledons. Then immediately put it under a light. I was surprised to see this one so far advanced! I just now checked her and she's up straight and getting green! I'm going to keep track of this one!

Okay, sounds like my approach too.
Thanks.

Just did that with a tomato sprout!
Get that light on them ASAP is the trick.
Plus a little bit of air movement.

Back