Outdoor seed run attempt.

Oh boy this has been so much fun now that things have picked up on this. The potmate of the pollen donor has quite a few seeds on her underside. I imagine that there will be much more seeds on the inside of the plant as well. I got a new grow started too, reg auto seed run and my last run in the states. When I move back home, i'll be pretty much only growing outdoors.

Sheesh i got seeds for years, I need to slow down lol. hands down though, my wallet will always have cash for fullduplex's beans. So glad to have a good stash of blackstrap for breeding and also just to smoke! I reckon Ill make hash out of the 2 seed mothers but sheesh i cant wait to smoke some purple bud in the next year or so from these plants next generations.

Update sometime in the next few days!~ :smoking:

Nice sunny day over here so I decided to get some shots of the very pregnant blackstrap. Stoked about getting beans guys seriously so happy.

Question: How can I tell if seeds are finished if I don't know the day of pollination? Any help would be gladly appreciated.

20220911_135106.jpg

20220911_135059.jpg

20220911_135303.jpg

Seed shots :smoking:
20220911_134948.jpg

20220911_134944.jpg

20220911_135114.jpg

These beans should be able to keep me afloat for years to come.. stoked. :smoker1:

Had to roll a victory blunt of some of the GG4 I grew last rotation. Strong stuff.
20220911_192822.jpg

Those are beauties.
Looks like the seeds are real close, like a week away. They'll fall right off when they're done done, or "float" in the calyx.
Usually the calyx will turn yellow too, but probably not yours, so you'll just have to test every week, and see if they're still stuck to the plant, or fall off by barely touching them, or floating in the calyx.
When you think they're done, you might want to just cut a bud off, dry it, and check if all, or most of them are ripe, then you can be sure the rest of the plant is too.
If they're real close they will also finish while the plant slowly hang dries.

So I was almost certain that the pot mate of the reversal was too far into flower to become pollinated.. seems like I am happily mistaken, and I have seen seed forming on the very chunky potmate of the reversed plant. I'm so happy yall. So I'll have 2 plants of blackstrap seeds and 1 with a new s1 cross! I'm over the moon growmies.View attachment 1511621
She was planted at the same time as her potmate and was easily 4 to 5 weeks into flower.. she still decided to give me seeds, I'm blessed. :smoking:
View attachment 1511622
View attachment 1511623
Colors are insane.. :smoking:
Hell yes! It can drive you crazy with worry and doubt sometimes, LOL. I go through the same shit all the time :)
Thats a crazy good purple you got there. I love those purple pollen sax.

Those are beauties.
Looks like the seeds are real close, like a week away. They'll fall right off when they're done done, or "float" in the calyx.
Usually the calyx will turn yellow too, but probably not yours, so you'll just have to test every week, and see if they're still stuck to the plant, or fall off by barely touching them, or floating in the calyx.
When you think they're done, you might want to just cut a bud off, dry it, and check if all, or most of them are ripe, then you can be sure the rest of the plant is too.
If they're real close they will also finish while the plant slowly hang dries.

Hell yea man I'm happy that the chunky girl got pollinated, seriously worring stuff but I reckon ill get more and more used to it as I reverse more and more plants. I reckon ill just keep the plant going and pull her as soon as I see the first seeds to drop. Thanks for the guidance man I appreciate it. I plan to take these seeds and cross them with other purple strains, I love the blackstrap as the phenos are definitely different but still both deep deep purple. Seed updates every couple of days!

Dang. So Gnome/Blackstrap is getting pulled from their gene pool/inventory? Darn. I kinda feel like I missed out on some nice genes.

Props to you, Sinatra! I hope I can pull off the same to save money on seeds in the future if/when I find some strong&worthy genes/seeds to breed. First, I think I'll need to find what works best for me medically for all my ailments.

Dang. So Gnome/Blackstrap is getting pulled from their gene pool/inventory? Darn. I kinda feel like I missed out on some nice genes.

Props to you, Sinatra! I hope I can pull off the same to save money on seeds in the future if/when I find some strong&worthy genes/seeds to breed. First, I think I'll need to find what works best for me medically for all my ailments.

Hey man blackstrap actually came back maybe this week or last week! My buddy made an order on Hembra, but I believe that other vendors have them in stock right now as well. Hope you can get you a pack! If not I'd say anvil all the way, anvil will be my next purchase hopefully whenever it comes back in stock on hembra or dc xchange. Good luck in your seed endeavors as well! :smoking:

Hey man blackstrap actually came back maybe this week or last week! My buddy made an order on Hembra, but I believe that other vendors have them in stock right now as well. Hope you can get you a pack! If not I'd say anvil all the way, anvil will be my next purchase hopefully whenever it comes back in stock on hembra or dc xchange. Good luck in your seed endeavors as well! :smoking:
Hey, thanks for letting me know those bits of information! Anvil is actually one I've been hearing about but I honestly know close to nothing about it or even know of other recent breakthrough strains with unique/potent effects since Think Different became a popular strain(I still want to try growing Think Different someday unless there are now considerably better in some way- although I'm still interesting in strains with unique/very potent effects even if it yields low).
Have a good one and good luck on your endeavours as well! :]

I gotta say I think she's done. But to keep my sanity in check I'll keep her going for now, or until I see the first seeds dropping. :smoker1:

She's so beautiful I'm in love with the colors!

20220917_151102.jpg
20220917_150941.jpg
20220917_151021.jpg

20220917_151112.jpg

Back