Outdoor seed run attempt.

Franklin Sinatra

Fishin, growin, learnin.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
GG4 Jw Cut, & Auto Afghan skunk.
So yeah got a few seeds that I bought last year during the pandemic. A 5 pack of Gnome Automatic's BlackStrap. Paid a Shiney penny for em so I figured I'll do a seed run so I can run these seeds forever. Thing is, they're fems so this'll be my first try at reversing a plant. I'll be growing them outdoors as well away from my sensimellia crop indoors. I will be spraying with STS in order to reverse a lady to give me some pollen.

Here is the plan of attack. Planted 2 blackstrap seeds in a 5 gal. Just need at least 1 to make it to be my reversal candidate. Then I will pop 2 more blackstrap roughly a week or two later to be my female to impregnate. So yeah thats the plan so far. I will be topping these autos for the fact that I need em to stay small and (somewhat) discreet. Just can't be growin monsters outside, and I don't need a monster for a seed run. A couple hundred seeds will do me good.

2 seeds in the shotglass, for reversal. 24hr soak and then into the soil the next day.

Layout outside

5 gal basic plastic pot
Promix moisture mix (given to me by roomies, free dirt!)
Mixed in a few handfuls of mosquito bits, diatomaceous earth for silica, and some basic microbe powder.
Watered in the day before planting w Recharge, coconut water, and aloe.
Npk will be growdots by real growers. Will topdress in a week or two.

Wish me luck growmies, first (intentional) seed run ever. :smoker1:

Attachments

• 20220609_134301.jpg
    20220609_134301.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220609_134130.jpg
    20220609_134130.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220609_134133.jpg
    20220609_134133.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 55
Happier than a pig in shit. Both little ladies popped their heads out of the soil today this AM! And I usually prefer to grow from clone so I'm always happy when my seeds pop, a sign of strong genetics. So it looks like I either have 2 reversal candidates or I'll be able to just do a seed run just like this. Seeking some advice if anyone could help me out on this question.

Will my female ripen in conjunction with the reversed male? Or is it better to grow some other females to be pollinated? Let me know what yall think growmies, I might go searching around this forum for more info. Well heres pics of the outside, seeds aplenty here we come!!

Smoked a doobie outside of my afghan skunk to celebrate new life.
:smoker1: :smoker1: :smoker1:
20220614_103352.jpg
20220614_103341.jpg
20220614_103429.jpg
20220614_103705.jpg

Day 2

Shells started to come off the ladies. These will be my 2 reversal candidates. Will start seeds next week to take pollen from these plants in the ground now. As of now I am thinking of crossing to one of my Afghan skunk seeds or to a cbd auto that I have that purples very intensely. Either way it'll be one or two blackstraps to be pollinated then 1 or 2 other strains.

:smoking: :smoker1:

Need to figure out npk of soil im in. Also need to put stakes down into the earth. Then figure out when to topdress with growdots. Wind barrier might be needed depending on weather, gusts have been brutal this year.

Very happy on these ladies!

20220615_130736.jpg
20220615_130730.jpg

These are photos on day 13
They are loving life, I'll be soon to apply the growdots at the medium application rate.

I also planted the seeds to get pollinated. 2 Blackstrap and 2 alpen gluex cbd auto by highalpine genetics. They were in plastic bags for 2 days and then put into moist 5gallons so 4 autos hopefully in a 5 gal. So excited for this seed run. I heard on a live recently that gnome might not bring back blackstrap so I'm glad I'm going with this. Hoping both blackstraps pop though cause I really want to backcross the S2s to the 2 seeds I have left of the blackstrap.

Might even try cloning a lower branch or two, I've heard it works with these hardy genetics. Clones would be amazing to have more seed candidates or just copies of whatever I grow.

Have a good one growmies.

20220627_120154.jpg

20220627_202006.jpg

Attachments

• 20220627_120154.jpg
    20220627_120154.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
Sadly 2 of my blackstrap that were meant to be pollinated, never came out of the soil. Damn that always sucks. :face:

Well I popped my last 2 blackstrap beans and hopefully they will be growing in conjunction with the reversed females pollen dropping. So I have 2 major options I want to do in order to ensure I get my seeds (cuz im out of blackstrap now and dont want to have to "rely" on these beans in a worse case scenario).

1. I am now only going to reverse one of the plants of the original 2 growing in the pots right now. Hopefully I can run these plants long enough that one will get pollinated. I'll also try my luck at collecting and storing my fem pollen for possibly pollinating branches of future crops. I have a few plants from linda-seeds going now that would be interesting crosses with the blackstrap

2. I will try my first attempt at cloning autos so that hopefully I can have a few clones that can get pollinated. I will take more clones than necessary and then hopefully a few can be left as sensimellia. I'll probably grow the sensi crop close enough that I can test the viability of the fem pollen, but not close enough where I am pollinating them on purpose. Either way if I can get seeds off of anything it will be a huge win in my book and I don't mind at all if the sensi clones get pollinated.

Well that's pretty much my plans on ensuring that I can get more Blackstrap beans. I'll be putting in an order next month for more gnome beans, I'm a huge fan of his work (obviously). Also ive heard that the blacklabel cookies carries some bakery tastes into the mix and those are by far my favorite terps.:smoker1:

I'll get more pics of my plants soon, I've been out enjoying life with friends. :pass:
received_625470735143337.jpeg

These ladies are both at 22 days. The one on the right will be my reversal candidate. The one on the left will be hopefully full of seeds. They got growdots at a 1 1/2 tsp per gal of soil rate.
20220706_200625.jpg

Planted 2 more blackstrap today. Had them in papertowels and a plastic baggie wrapped in a shirt and in a warm spot, both the seeds had cracked with tails in 3 days. Hopefully they will be ripen in conjunction with the reversed female.

20220706_200628.jpg

Teaching a buddy how to grow, here he planted 2 northernlights by Linda's and 1 cookies by Linda. All the seeds are autoflowers. We hope to get maybe 2 plants in his 5gal pot.
20220706_200631.jpg

Here we go, I hope we got seeds popping for more seeds! I reckon if worst comes to worse, clones of the blackstrap will ensure seeds. But we gotta stay vigilant!!

Gnome has the best packaging in the game. Imo. And im doing the grow dots also. In 2 gals. See you what happens so far she is happy I just tucked some leaves lol.
image.jpg

yesterday before I tucked the leaves. Have to do it once a day.
8909D890-B2B5-43D9-83E8-F1DB2E467B69.jpeg

These ladies are both at 22 days. The one on the right will be my reversal candidate. The one on the left will be hopefully full of seeds. They got growdots at a 1 1/2 tsp per gal of soil rate.
View attachment 1483475

Planted 2 more blackstrap today. Had them in papertowels and a plastic baggie wrapped in a shirt and in a warm spot, both the seeds had cracked with tails in 3 days. Hopefully they will be ripen in conjunction with the reversed female.

View attachment 1483477

Teaching a buddy how to grow, here he planted 2 northernlights by Linda's and 1 cookies by Linda. All the seeds are autoflowers. We hope to get maybe 2 plants in his 5gal pot.
View attachment 1483480

Here we go, I hope we got seeds popping for more seeds! I reckon if worst comes to worse, clones of the blackstrap will ensure seeds. But we gotta stay vigilant!!
I think you'll be OK with the timing.
I like to to start the seed mothers 1 week after the pollen donors, but you can store your extra pollen in a bottle, or jar with some desiccant, and it should easily last the week or 2 until you need it, as long as it never gets moist. Still I like to use it as soon as I can.
The fem pollen is not near as potent as a male, sometimes it ends up sterile, or the female wont accept it.
But usually, it works out fine :)
Good luck man, I sure hope it works good for you!

Back