Indoor Grow 1.5 : Auto Jack Herer & Biodiesel Mass & Bag Seed Plant

Good afternoon!
Chester, when you say you leave your LST in place, do you mean you continue to train and try to maintain an even canopy with ongoing adjustments, or do you just leave the stems tied once placed through harvest?

I'm trying to decide how to best continue to care for the haze. It seems to make sense to keep spreading the branches out for light penetration during flowering, but it also seems to make sense to just let her do the stretch thing now, and just grow up rather than keep tying her down. Maybe now I will just do more spreading out and less tying down, if that makes sense.

Also, should I trim away the really small shoots? Thin it out a bit?

Many Thanks!

I don't generally thin unless I see a big dead leaf shading another part of the canopy ... I do tuck larger fan leaves whenever possible ... I generally put LST wires in place at the 2-3 week point and then leave them to be removed when I harvest the plant .... I open the plant up and then leave it to do it's thing ... other's may do it differently ...
:thumbsup:

We'll, I've tied her down about three or four times, the last was 1 week into flower. Just gonna let her grow now, but keep my eye on light penetration.

...back on the other side of the closet, in my veg area :)

That little guy in the upper right is the latest DeLaHaze piece that broke off last week.

The plant in the lower left is the DeLaHaze top that broke off 4 weeks ago. I was going to try to super-crop it today, but the branch broke all the way, and I still suck using tape, so I lost one top, and then decided to go ahead and just cut the other three, and try to root the cuttings. Here she is after trimming:

In the bottom right of the group shot above, at two weeks old today, is my 5th attempt at an autoflower. It's a femenized Grass-O-Matic mystery seed from their variety pack. I think I may have had the LED too close to start, but she looks good.

I potted her up in a 5 gallon smart pot. Here is a shot of the roots (none were yet actually sticking out through the bottom).

Happy Growing!

Big Fun! DeLaHaze is 46 Days Old and 15 days into flower. Doing the stretchy thing quite well!

I'm continuing to train it by cinching the branches down a bit. This time, I moved my tie down closer to the trunk of the plant instead of the ends. I'm just letting the ends grow up now. Below, you can see what I mean-- the branch emanating from just lower of center to the left is tied down to the pot's edge with the red pipe cleaner (drilled holes are much better than duct tape ;-). Also, if you look closely at the branch coming towards you just right of center, it is tied down w/ black pipe cleaner. You can see how I previously trained it to grow most horizontal, I would tie down the end. Now the end is growing up, and I'm just pulling the whole branches down to spread open the canopy for as much light penetration as possible.

Oh, and I just figured out I was giving too much of Meta-K (0-0-10), which I was mistaking for another product. More Newbie mistakes. I flushed her lightly with plain water today. She seems ok. Will resume normal nute schedule next watering.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The DeLaHaze is 50 days old today, and has been in flower 19 days.

I'm was very light with the trimming. I have checked out lollipoping and understand the basics, I just feel reluctant to cut up too far.

Originally, she was "cropped" by a falling lamp at about 3-4 weeks old all the way down to the second node. ;-) ... this also put the plant close to the ground surface.

Here is the undergrowth before trimming:

and so, I cut a lot of this stuff off

looks cleaner down below now

missed a spot or two

then I put her back in the tent and trained down some of the taller branches and cinched down the main ones

I had just moved my LEDs up a few inches, but it's stretching up so fast I'm going to have to move it up again soon

Luckily, I was able to save the top piece that was broken off with the lamp. It took root, and is growing in a separate veg area of my closet. I already started training down the sides, and cropped the ends (trying to veg those end cuttings now, too!).
Here she is:

The Afghans were both def males, and were chopped. A little bummed ... but just means more space for the haze! :)

The rest of the gang is looking good, too.
Thanks again for all the tips!
Happy growing!

I trim the dead stuff too ... :smoking:

I hope you're feeding the DeLaHaze well ... she looks a little hungry ... :shrug:

You mean water, nutes? ... The buds do seem to be developing slowly , but it's not quite 3 weeks into 9+ weeks. I've checked other grows of this plant, this is sorta typical, and in most -- they all fatten up really nice. I can only hope the same ;-)

I'm feeding nutes, 1tsp Grow, Micro, Catalyst and Bloom 1-2tbs , and trying not to overwater. I may feed an extra gallon of just Bloom today to dilute some of the molasses I put in yesterday to make up for the newly discovered calcium def.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I think you'd be hard put to overwater that girl ... I could see the pot going from saturated to dry in 3-4 days based on the foliage she's showing ... I would be feeding her about 3/4 - full strength on the nutes especially the Bloom ....
:pass:

Last edited:
Yeah, esp. with the perlite amount, and if feels spongy even immediately after I water it.

Let's not forget my autoflower Jack Herer -- she actually seems to be doing ok. Still stunted as heck, and I don't think that will change, but the buds are growing denser and faster than the DeLaHaze.
Autoflower Jack Herer, 56 days old, 3 weeks in 12/12 (the switch seemed to trigger the flowering)

The DeLaHaze is 52 days old, 3 weeks into flower. I'm discussing and getting help with an apparent calcium deficiency in this thread. The problem seems to be coming quick, esp. in some spots if you look close. Over all she still looks good, and I hope I can turn around the cal/mag thing quickly. I do love this plant. Trimmed it up just a bit more too.

And also today at 3 weeks old, is my GOM autoflower mystery. I was afraid I had the light too close, and I moved it up to ~18"+ and she got a little stretchy. But looks good, better than the Jack I think (so far). I may just let this one grow, then supercrop.

Happy Growing!

Back