Indoor Grow 1.5 : Auto Jack Herer & Biodiesel Mass & Bag Seed Plant

That DelaHaze is beautiful ... assuming you've got room for about a 4-5 foot plant in your space I'd let it get about a foot taller and flower her ... the Jack responded well ... I'd feed it a little stronger next time ... she looks like she could use some CalMag ... I feed mine 5ml/g w/ every watering ... cutting looks good too. If that Jack hasn't flowered after 36 days are you sure it's an auto ?
:headbang:

Thanks Chester!
I'm in love with that Haze! Ironically, it was one of the freebies, but it is a sativa dominate strain, and I do like sativas. :)

I'm certain I ordered auto Jack Herer -- but I've seen reports where people don't always end up w/ what they exactly order. ... I've internally debated quite a bit about delaying the light cycle change, but I'm concerned for space in my tent letting it get much bigger. Esp, if I keep trying some LST. I've seen other DeLaHaze that got 3x++ bigger after flowering for just a few weeks. According to the breeder of DeLaHaze, this has a 9 week flowering time to harvest. It just might get tight in there, even if it was just the Haze... I do tend to be too impatient, and I'd also think I'd like to harvest before Xmas/family is hanging in the house, and I tell myself, I have the cutting, so I think I'm going to roll forward with 12/12 :)
-- but if I had more experience/space I'd probably be letting get bigger. So, I guess the Jack is also going into flower one way or another at this point.

I wish seeds came marked w/ an 'A' or a 'P' ... if harvest by Christmas fits your schedule then by all means switch them to 12/12 ... if you put the cutting in at 12/12 it too will flower in a couple weeks ... about a week after switching the light hours, be sure you check for a rooster in the hen house ... what nutes will you be using during flower ?
:vibe:

Definitely! ... the haze & jack are supposedly feminized, but the Afghans are just regular -- will be able to sex next week, yes. (I will be crushed if the haze turns to be male). For nutes, I will continue using the Earth-juice bottled organic products I have. I have their basics: Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Meta-K, and Microblast and am loosely following the feeding schedule guidelines from 'Three Little Birds' that I've seen. Obviously what is great for one plant, my hurt a diff strain... It's been a good introduction to organics for me. I'm very intrigued about making my own soil/feeds, too. (The haze/afghans are in a 35/65 Perlite/Happy Frog mix.)

... as for the cutting, I'm going to keep it vegging separately -- maybe make it a 'mother' or take another cutting in 45 days, and then stick her in to flower.

this hobby is insanely addicting

The adventure continues!

Yesterday, I finally got a chance to check the drying buds, and they were already kind of crispy, and that was 5 or 6 days. I put them in some mason jars to cure, anyway, but they may be too dry.

I don't feel too bad given this is my first dry/cure attempt. What was left in my snitch pile (15g wet) was 2.2g dry. The hanging buds which were 60g wet, were 14.1g dry. So as estimated, I bit over a 1/2 oz! ... and obviously I've been snitching, and even as it the smoke report is this: It's F&#9ing Awesome! I have a bag of something called 'Mr. Nice', and would much prefer to smoke my bagseed -- it seems to be a sativa/indica hybrid, heavier on sativa -- very very nice. :)

And so, yesterday, I also did a bit more LST on the DeLaHaze:

The duct tape/pipecleaner idea was stupid. They mostly came unstuck, messy.

Worse perhaps is that I broke a main branch with the LST. I didn't actually break it when I put it on, but perhaps when I set it back in the tent yesterday, I bumped it. The bummer is I didn't notice it until today. It's not too bad, and actually this plant responds well to abuse. The broken piece is a little limp. I first tried to tape it back with clear tape, then duct tape. Neither seemed to do the trick. When people say to tape breaks, is there some special plant tape? This is the laughable duct tape effort:

About an hour later, it was still drooping pretty bad, and I figured heck, it must really be time to take another cutting, so I cleaned it up a bit and put the thing in a root riot cube. It was broke off several hours before being discovered, the chances are probably slim, but then again, so far nothing kills this plant. ;-)

The Jack Herrer contiues to look better -- did add a little boost of cal/mag.

It's a little early to tell for sure, but I *think* I can see preflowers on the Jack & Haze. The Afghans still can't tell, they might be male. need a few more days -- it's only been 6 days into flowering.

The Jack is 41 days old. The DeLaHaze and Afghans are 37 days old.
Sorry for the LED, but here is a quick pick of the gang:

Happy Growing!

Hello Growers!

This was Thursday's report:

DeLaHaze, Broken piece #2 ... this is the one that I snapped off with overly assertive LST or just plain clumsiness:

Looking good. It's in a water/aloe mixture, and I plan to pot it today or tomorrow. This piece will join the other accidental DeLaHaze cutting, which is growing nicely

I think it was a little too close to the LED, so I moved it from 12" to about 18-20".

And here is momma DeLaHaze, 39 days old. 8 Days into flowering.
one last day of LST I think?

Look at the size of the stems, next to the pipe cleaner!

The Jack Herer 43 days is still doing better, and also still stunted ... lower leaves are yellowing, I may need to bump the nitrogen?

And at 8 days into flowering, I still can't make out the sex of the Afghans:

------------------------------
Todays Update!!

The Afghans are 43 days old, and I'm 98% Certain at 12 days into flower both of these afghans are male, which is a sad 25% probability, now a reality. I moved them out of my tent.

47 Days old Jack Herer is shooting up and rapidly developing buds, which I assume is a characteristic of an autoflower.

I spread out the branches today.

43 Days Old and 12 days into flower, DeLaHaze is looking good.

I fed two days ago both the Jack and the Haze the beginning of the bloom cycle feed, normal dose. The seem to be ok.

Thanks again for any tips and checking in, and happy growing!
Happy Growing!

Nice looking DeLaHaze ... :drool:
is she in the same soil as the Jack Herrer ... :coffee2:

Thanks!
is she in the same soil as the Jack Herrer ...

Nope, she is in a ~40% Perlite 60% Happy Frog mix. The Jack is still in the MG soil (and will be my last use of MG soil for my cannabis growing.)

Interesting info on the soil ... I like lots of perlite ... I leave my LST in place until harvest ... :vibe:

Back