Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Hey friends :toke:

I'm back into research modus you guys...Just learned I lost my sponsorship with BioTabs. Damn, that meant a whole lot to me...But I've learned something about Organic growing while using their nutrient line, so I'll be alright :shrug: :haha:
Not a bad word about BioTabs, people!! It's a product I stand behind and recommend to anyone, but sadly can't afford. That's where the sponsorship came into play...But alas, all good things must come to an end I guess...

Karel, if you read this. You've got my respect my man!! Peace.

Anywho....let's continue with this breeding thing, right? That's what we're here for :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:
:toke:
Shame about the sponsorship, but, "one door closes another door opens" as they say, I understand the back issues with getting to the back of the tent too. Ones needs stimulate innovation.

keep up the great work!

Shame about the sponsorship, but, "one door closes another door opens" as they say, I understand the back issues with getting to the back of the tent too. Ones needs stimulate innovation.

keep up the great work!
Yeah, it is what it is...For my back issues I had a small table inside the tent, but removed that to gain some extra headroom in the coming grows... 👌

Day 22 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
Gooday to you all :toke:

This morning I found that almost all the plants had shown sex.
  • 7 females in the blue circle
  • 3 undecided ones in the yellow circle
  • 2 males I decided to keep in the red circles.
The other males, four in total, went to the chickens. In the undecided triangle there will probably be one or two males left, so these will follow the others. I kept those plants close to the entrance of the tent so checking them for sex in the coming days will be a lot more comfortable for my back.
The two males on the sides got their first flowers trimmed, this way these won't pollinate the entire tent by accident.
Y0058269 _small.JPG

After reorganizing the plants it was time to give 'm another drink. 5L water with 20ml Orgatrex went into the tray. With four plants gone, they'll probably take a while longer to consume all that water. Don't know if I did right by this, but it is done now...

Regards,

Bob

Shame to hear about the sponsorship deal with Biotabs that stopped man!

I think we can figure out something to be of help to you, something similar to what we did last time mate, (ofc as long as the manager agrees to it). Send me a PM when you are in need and let's see what we can do.

Keep it up mate, plants looking fine! :toke:

Gooday to you all :toke:

This morning I found that almost all the plants had shown sex.
  • 7 females in the blue circle
  • 3 undecided ones in the yellow circle
  • 2 males I decided to keep in the red circles.
The other males, four in total, went to the chickens. In the undecided triangle there will probably be one or two males left, so these will follow the others. I kept those plants close to the entrance of the tent so checking them for sex in the coming days will be a lot more comfortable for my back.
The two males on the sides got their first flowers trimmed, this way these won't pollinate the entire tent by accident.
View attachment 1636548

After reorganizing the plants it was time to give 'm another drink. 5L water with 20ml Orgatrex went into the tray. With four plants gone, they'll probably take a while longer to consume all that water. Don't know if I did right by this, but it is done now...

Regards,

Bob
Looks great. I'm gonna keep watching you before I start my breeding adventures. I realize that a pheno hunt is a numbers game finding the "one". I was wondering what the set up would look like with limited space. A 5x5 tent or smaller.

Shame to hear about the sponsorship deal with Biotabs that stopped man!

I think we can figure out something to be of help to you, something similar to what we did last time mate, (ofc as long as the manager agrees to it). Send me a PM when you are in need and let's see what we can do.

Keep it up mate, plants looking fine! :toke:
I couldn't agree more with @DOA, you are a real gentlemen my friend! :toke:
Don't know what happened or what we (@St. Tom as well) did wrong. Even Karel doesn't reply to my mails anymore... 🥺
It's the "not knowing" and being kept on a hook for over a month which stressed me out. I'm kinda in a personal crisis at home and these kind of situations don't help with that, if you get me. So I'm using up my leftover products and then am going to do as Karel once said to me..."Hou het eenvoudig maatje..."

Looks great. I'm gonna keep watching you before I start my breeding adventures. I realize that a pheno hunt is a numbers game finding the "one". I was wondering what the set up would look like with limited space. A 5x5 tent or smaller.
Thanks mate! breeding in a small space does have it's hurtles. You'll have to be extra careful not to pollinate the entire tent, unless that's what you are going for. Who knows, maybe you are in need of million's of seeds :shrug:
As you might have noticed, if you read this thread, is that there's not much pheno hunting going on. Not looking at the two 'larger ones', there's quite a little difference between the plants. Still, when you select the breeders one should always select the nicest pair. I'm lucky, I've got two pairs selected. I'm going to cross the big gentlemen with the biggest lady in the tent...I'll experiment with those seeds inside the greenhouse next year, maybe do a DWC in a 70L drum. I've also selected the nicest male from the general population. He's got nice internodal spacing, the nodes were the furthest of all the males and he was the first to show sex. Always something I look for in Auto's, because we want it to veg fast and take it's time while flowering.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There are a lot of more knowledgeable breeders here on the forum, but luckily they all visit on a regular basis. If none respond it's time to kick one in the nuts, by tagging that person --> ie, type the '@' symbol followed by the name...
Like so --> @Sawney_bean or if you want to kick it up a notch... @Antonio_DutchPassion @Bill.de.Cat @Corum59 @Crow River @Dankerson @DOA @Emerald Archer @FullMoonparty @hecno @Hog_M@Gundy @JP1 @kfigerm @Mozzy @N/A-Greengo @Newman’sOwn @parsing_trees @R Wayne @Rasterman @Redeye Master @Sawney_bean @St. Tom @tobe @uk420man @WildBill

giphy.gif

I couldn't agree more with @DOA, you are a real gentlemen my friend! :toke:
Don't know what happened or what we (@St. Tom as well) did wrong. Even Karel doesn't reply to my mails anymore... 🥺
It's the "not knowing" and being kept on a hook for over a month which stressed me out. I'm kinda in a personal crisis at home and these kind of situations don't help with that, if you get me. So I'm using up my leftover products and then am going to do as Karel once said to me..."Hou het eenvoudig maatje..."

Thanks mate! breeding in a small space does have it's hurtles. You'll have to be extra careful not to pollinate the entire tent, unless that's what you are going for. Who knows, maybe you are in need of million's of seeds :shrug:
As you might have noticed, if you read this thread, is that there's not much pheno hunting going on. Not looking at the two 'larger ones', there's quite a little difference between the plants. Still, when you select the breeders one should always select the nicest pair. I'm lucky, I've got two pairs selected. I'm going to cross the big gentlemen with the biggest lady in the tent...I'll experiment with those seeds inside the greenhouse next year, maybe do a DWC in a 70L drum. I've also selected the nicest male from the general population. He's got nice internodal spacing, the nodes were the furthest of all the males and he was the first to show sex. Always something I look for in Auto's, because we want it to veg fast and take it's time while flowering.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There are a lot of more knowledgeable breeders here on the forum, but luckily they all visit on a regular basis. If none respond it's time to kick one in the nuts, by tagging that person --> ie, type the '@' symbol followed by the name...
Like so --> @Sawney_bean or if you want to kick it up a notch... @Antonio_DutchPassion @Bill.de.Cat @Corum59 @Crow River @Dankerson @DOA @Emerald Archer @FullMoonparty @hecno @Hog_M@Gundy @JP1 @kfigerm @Mozzy @N/A-Greengo @Newman’sOwn @parsing_trees @R Wayne @Rasterman @Redeye Master @Sawney_bean @St. Tom @tobe @uk420man @WildBill

giphy.gif
kitty-luvin.gif

:pass:

Very sorry for the personal crisis at home Bob, I've had my share and hope yours resolve well, and soon. Stressful timing for compounding issues related to your farming unfortunately too, but I know you'll be successful growing into the future regardless.

You have way more knowledge and experience in horticulture than I do, so I know that if I was able to get to the point where I can successfully grow now without meters, added nutrients, or really buying much of anything besides a few dollars worth of organic soil between grows…then anyone that doesn't want to sponsor you is being penny wise and pound foolish as you continue to put up dreams, and a big fat chronic sack :baked:

Back