Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

I feel sorry for the first person to figure it out and post it on the internet. S/he must be really impatient not to wait for someone else to figure it out... :rofl:
I can't seem to find it. At least some form of graph is posible on VSDC, but not what I want to do and that is synchronize the graph to the timeline of the time lapse. I did some research for it a while back and couldn't find it. Spent the entire night searching and experimenting, but no sigar...

Day 10 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
Hey guys :toke:

A fine weekend to you all and for those of you that are working, thank you for keeping the world running while the rest of us have a weekend :bow:
Anyway...update...I've given the ladies a guuud soaking with the Boom Boom Spray and then watered the soil with dechlorinated water with some Orgatrex and Bactrex (2gr. Bactrex and 15ml Orgatrex to 5L H²O) added to it. The Orgatrex was added to start feeding the bennies and myco inside the soil. The extra Bactrex...Well, I just like this product and add it every now and again, just to replenish the good bennies inside the soil...
1695478023325 _small.jpg

Look at these fine colors you guys. :thumbsup:
1695478023318 _small.jpg

Even the runt of the litter is looking mighty fine. 👌
1695478023311 _small.jpg

I really love this Boom Boom Spray you guys. It gives the girls such a boost. Normally one starts to use this around day 20, but I feel with Auto's this is to late and we could take advantage from a dosing at day 10. I'll try to start the next time lapse just after spraying and watering. Which in Today's time lapse is near the end of the clip...
1695478023305 _small.jpg

The remainder of the Boom Boom Spray got tossed into my watering cannister. It's all organic ingredients and even if they don't work anymore by Tomorrow, it's still food for the plants and shouldn't go to waste 🫶
1695478023296 _small.jpg

Still very happy with the amount of headroom I gained by emigrating the fan and filter to the lungroom 👍
1695478023332 _small.jpg

From Today onwards I'll only be making the overview time lapse. It take's quite some time compiling each and besides the girls are getting large enough for you guys to enjoy them without zoom 🤌
Speed = 30 fps, duration = 53 hours. Hope you guys enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

A fine weekend to you all and for those of you that are working, thank you for keeping the world running while the rest of us have a weekend :bow:
Anyway...update...I've given the ladies a guuud soaking with the Boom Boom Spray and then watered the soil with dechlorinated water with some Orgatrex and Bactrex (2gr. Bactrex and 15ml Orgatrex to 5L H²O) added to it. The Orgatrex was added to start feeding the bennies and myco inside the soil. The extra Bactrex...Well, I just like this product and add it every now and again, just to replenish the good bennies inside the soil...
View attachment 1634068

View attachment 1634069

View attachment 1634070

I really love this Boom Boom Spray you guys. It gives the girls such a boost. Normally one starts to use this around day 20, but I feel with Auto's this is to late and we could take advantage from a dosing at day 10. I'll try to start the next time lapse just after spraying and watering. Which in Today's time lapse is near the end of the clip...
View attachment 1634071

The remainder of the Boom Boom Spray got tossed into my watering cannister. It's all organic ingredients and even if they don't work anymore by Tomorrow, it's still food for the plants and shouldn't go to waste 🫶
View attachment 1634072

Still very happy with the amount of headroom I gained by emigrating the fan and filter to the lungroom 👍
View attachment 1634073

From Today onwards I'll only be making the overview time lapse. It take's quite some time compiling each and besides the girls are getting large enough for you guys to enjoy them without zoom 🤌
View attachment 1634074

Regards,

I love a time lapse.

View attachment 1634068

View attachment 1634069

View attachment 1634070

View attachment 1634071

View attachment 1634072

View attachment 1634073

View attachment 1634074

Regards,

love you're content mate .
always a delight to see.

Day 11 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
I love a time lapse.
I know you do brother, I know you do :pighug:

love you're content mate .
always a delight to see.
Thanks mate, you're gonna love what comes next...
I've got a 24 hour time lapse from the moment I dosed the girls with the Boom Boom Spray until today. The acceleration in growth is just spectacular and I wanted to share this special moment with you guys!!

I'm dialing everything up at the moment...
  • Went from 20 Mole to 25 Mole in total for the DLI, which equates to running the Mars Hydro TS-1000 @ 45%
  • Momentarily the temp is on the low side, but we're ventilating our home at the moment, normally it'll be kept between 27-28°C / 80-82°F
  • The VPD is kept between 0.75kPa and 0.85kPa, which really creates a "dryer" environment for the girls and you can see this in the time lapse...
  • As I'm typing this I'm cooling down a new batch of sugar water for the DIY CO² generator. As soon as the new batch is connected to the tent it'll run around 1100ppm CO², even with the fan between 4 and 5%. ***
1695478048552 _small.jpg

*** For anyone interested in how this CO² generator works...Very easy...
  1. Add 3kg/6.6pounds sugar to 5L/1.3gallon water and bring this to a boil or until you can see the bottom of the pot, which means the sugar is dissolved.
  2. Add three packets of baking powder and let it fizzle. This is to raise the pH of the sugar water.
  3. After half an hour or so, add three packets of powdered gelatin and mix until dissolved.
  4. Take a clean bucket (with lid) and spray the inside with isopropyl alcohol or other alcohol. This is to clean out the bucket a bit more and to prevent black mold, which is bad!!
  5. Put the lid on the bucket and set aside. If this is your second time making this, the lid will have a hole in it. Plug it with some paper towel.
  6. Now let it cool down until the gelatin has settled. It'l be a wobbly mix and you wouldn't be able to turn it uside down like a gelatin pudding, but it'll be firm enough for the next part.
  7. While the suger mix is cooling down, take a receptacle and add about 500ml/2cups lukewarm water.
  8. Add two spoons of suger, one spoon of flower and five spoons of bakers yeast. You could use brewers yeast as these guys can handle a higher alcohol content, but this is more expensive and bakers yeast hasn't failed me yet. Mix this well and put a piece of foil over the receptacle and set asside until the sugar water has cooled down enough...
  9. Wait
  10. Wait some more
  11. When the sugar water has reached 36°C/97°F it's cold enough for the yeast to be added to the bucket. Add it slowly so the yeast forms a layer on top of the gelatin sugar water mix. It's actually on purpose that you don't mix in the yeast with the gelatin.
  12. Finally...fill the bucket, again slowly, with lukewarm water. Fill it up until you have 5cm/2inch left over to the rim of the bucket. This will be your airgap and the room your hose has for extruding the CO². The water will dilute the alcohol formed and give the yeast a longer shelf life inside the generator.
  13. Put the lid on the bucket and with a pair of pointy scissors, puncture a small hole inside the lid. The hole has to be just a little bit to small for the how to fit loosely. Rather it has too be pinched between the lid so it stays put.
  14. Finally thread the other side of the hose through a hole in your tent and you are set.
  15. CO² is heavier the air and will always try to sink to the bottom of your tent. I enter my hose from the top and let the CO² mix violently with the air being pushed out from my internal monkey fan, but it's up to you to find the sweet spot.
  16. Guuuluck!!! :stir:

@DOA, thanks for the rep mate!!

Have a look at these values. After one night running, the CO² has settled at 1600ppm, that's double the normal measurement!! :hump:
Also dialed up the light as with these amounts of CO² the plants can do with a LOT more light.
1695478048582 _small.jpg

And to show that the ladies are loving their setup...
Y0055345.JPG

Nice growth mate! Looks like you got everything dialed in to perfection :woohoo:

Very information thread, as always, keep it up man!
Thanks for the kind words mate, thank you :cheers:
I'm getting there, you know :thumbsup: Now I'm looking at my light and feel the TS-1000 goes too much to the red side when ran at 60%.
If you look at the gif I made over a period of three days, beginning just after dosing with the Boom Boom Spray, you'll notice that the first frame the colors have more blue in them. The second and third frame are warmer, suggesting a more reddish spectrum. All three frames coincide with me adjusting the light output upwards...
Maybe @Marshydro could chime in on this subject? As I've always been very satisfied with the kit I've got from them, I wonder if another light from their gamma would be more suitable for a, let's say, more involved grower...🤔
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Back