YouLumi Grow & Show - WWWillie and YouLumi team up to run their 640 Watt Octopus!

What can I do for you?
We are the manufacturer of LED grow lights

Hi YouLumi,

Just curious about the two names:

YouLumi

YouLimi

I will wait for the WWWillie review but it makes me think quality control might be lacking. That and the 320W or 640W. Website needs to be accurate. Nice balloon style and tripod construction lights!

Hi YouLumi,

Just curious about the two names:

YouLumi

YouLimi

I will wait for the WWWillie review but it makes me think quality control might be lacking. That and the 320W or 640W. Website needs to be accurate. Nice balloon style and tripod construction lights!
I have asked the website editor to modify the content and view

The PAR figures didn't match 320watts.
3(3).jpg

Hey Now,
The light is well liked by the girls below it. It took some adjustment, it’s powerful and needs some respect in regards to distance from the canopy. For all that power it runs cool to the touch. That’s a good sign that they under rated, for lack of a better term, everything so I expect a good long life from this unit even for an LED.

Still doing a bit of work regarding measurements. I have a meter now and a fair idea how to calculate what I need. I have to make a good guess at the spectrum for the conversion factor but it should be close enough.
Hers this morning’s pictures.
B6EAAB71-AB62-47D7-AD57-379230AD1124.jpeg
ABFFA636-7FE6-4D79-9055-F6955FFDBE8B.jpeg
57D3A489-03D2-4F8B-BE77-A3280E1AA331.jpeg
9FA2A930-CBF4-48E8-A3F0-EA0313C43F57.jpeg

The meter reads 48030 Lux, using the conversion factor for high CRI, 4000k LED at an online calculator gives us 856.02 umol/s/m2 for a DLI at 18/6 of 49.82.
Research so far is telling me that I have been using too much light for the other inputs. IOW I cannot feed them enough in my current setup for them to use all the light so I end up with hungry girls with apparent deficiencies and/or lockouts. Hopefully with a meter and good observation we can tune this so all the inputs match up. By inputs I mean food, water, and light.

Last edited:
Hey Now,
The light is well liked by the girls below it. It took some adjustment, it’s powerful and needs some respect in regards to distance from the canopy. For all that power it runs cool to the touch. That’s a good sign that they under rated, for lack of a better term, everything so I expect a good long life from this unit even for an LED.

Still doing a bit of work regarding measurements. I have a meter now and a fair idea how to calculate what I need. I have to make a good guess at the spectrum for the conversion factor but it should be close enough.
Hers this morning’s pictures.
View attachment 1342576View attachment 1342577View attachment 1342578View attachment 1342579

The meter reads 48030 Lux, using the conversion factor for high CRI, 4000k LED at an online calculator gives us 856.02 umol/s/m2 for a DLI at 18/6 of 49.82.
Research so far is telling me that I have been using too much light for the other inputs. IOW I cannot feed them enough in my current setup for them to use all the light so I end up with hungry girls with apparent deficiencies and/or lockouts. Hopefully with a meter and good observation we can tune this so all the inputs match up. By inputs I mean food, water, and light.
I see one bit of info left out that could help you. What is your current VPD?

VPD is holding steady at 1.1-1.2 during the day and .8-.9 at night. Temps 76. . . Here’s a 12 hour graph from a moment ago. You can see, even though it looks wild the spread is less than 2 tenths on average. I think the environment in regards to temps, Rh, and VPD is stable.
B58C08DC-6D9C-4E14-B01E-8EBA75680341.jpeg

VPD is holding steady at 1.1-1.2 during the day and .8-.9 at night. Temps 76. . . Here’s a 12 hour graph from a moment ago. You can see, even though it looks wild the spread is less than 2 tenths on average. I think the environment in regards to temps, Rh, and VPD is stable.
View attachment 1342587
Well, from that, it shows you could up your VPD. It's not that your girls are eating too much, it's the amount of nutes available to your girls........either too much or not enough available.
Ya get what I'm saying?

That's my next investment!......maybe after I get an AC Infinity CLOUDLINE fan............need a Pulse system.

VPD is close to exactly where I want it. It is a split between veg and flower as both are in the room. My slurry testing indicates they are eating more than I can supply. That is entirely due to too much light input. More light, more photosynthesis, more photosynthesis, more food. It is that part of he equation I am lacking control so I back off the light. Canna can take up to 2000 umol/sec/m2 I'm doing approx 860 now it was about 1500. Crazy DLI that!

This is what happens when I get it all in balance and drive the crap out of it. Using autopots with unlimited Dutch Pro nutrients.
3BCF0EFC-AD47-4F03-B9DD-87993419C40E.jpeg
4D5196EF-E9B0-471C-ACB8-F91F2116345D.jpeg
B687C528-511B-46CB-835C-3252BB876839.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow @wwwillie ...Way to step out of the Closet....cough..cough.....I mean Grow Room...... :yeah:

:crying:

Show off all that Tech.......:headbang:

Back