It seems to start with the fan everything heats up and electric trips my electric trips when a light bulb goes

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Yeah the lights should trip if a bulb goes, it’s only a 5 or 6A breaker. The loft should be on a 20A tho.

Sounds a bit more sensitive than mine.. I had the old fuse wire jobby until I upgraded to plug in MCBs a few years ago. Was sat at sparky college learning about how fucking dangerous the old system is, apparently it’ll take 3x the load to burn out the fuse wire so your house could be on fire before anything switches off!

Maybe one day I’ll change the consumer unit.. [emoji848]
bb051cf25121f2673a35482927bab39c.jpg

Antique made safe on the cheap. [emoji1360]

Yeah the lights should trip if a bulb goes, it’s only a 5 or 6A breaker. The loft should be on a 20A tho.

Sounds a bit more sensitive than mine.. I had the old fuse wire jobby until I upgraded to plug in MCBs a few years ago. Was sat at sparky college learning about how fucking dangerous the old system is, apparently it’ll take 3x the load to burn out the fuse wire so your house could be on fire before anything switches off!

Maybe one day I’ll change the consumer unit.. [emoji848]
bb051cf25121f2673a35482927bab39c.jpg

Antique made safe on the cheap. [emoji1360]
Its running off an old combi boiler wiring the whole house was rewired before we moved in then the landlord moved the old boiler (it was upstairs) to the kitchen it was like the house was set up to grow [emoji3]

Its running off an old combi boiler wiring the whole house was rewired before we moved in then the landlord moved the old boiler (it was upstairs) to the kitchen it was like the house was set up to grow [emoji3]

Perfect. Running water too then. [emoji1362]

Just looks a little small - only 6 breakers. Does that feed the whole house or is it a sub panel? What is the on switch for?

The on switch kills the whole lot. Yeah it runs the whole house, it’s a bit confusing which breaker does what cos they moved the stairs years ago and mixed it up a bit. The 2 B5s are upstairs and downstairs lights, one of the 30s does some sockets upstairs and the garage the other is the kitchen. Then the 15s are some upstairs sockets and a few downstairs, then the 15 on the left is the cellar.

If I remember correctly! [emoji23][emoji23]

Back