Photoperiod White rhino grow in the dank den

Budson 420

is it 420 yet?
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to my first thread guys!

Just bring you guys up to speed with the current grow.

Strain: 1x white rhino fem seed from greenhouse seeds

Lighting: 1x 130watt CFL

Medium: can't remember the brand but it's just seedling mix (I always use seedling mix soil for my grows)

Grow space is an old cupboard roughly 60x35x120cm

Let's dive in shall we? So I haven't documented this grow very well I wasn't expecting to be back on the forums doing a journal, but this lovely girl started her life outdoors until she got to big and I was worried about the neighbors seeing her, plus the daylight hours were starting to get shorter (showing sex on the plant) and thought its time to bring her inside to veg for a few more weeks, we're now at week 8-9 give or take, before I could even think about putting her in the cupboard you had some work ahead of us, after some heavy LST'ing, topping and super cropping I got her to fit in the grow space, and I tell you what these photoperiod strains are tough as hell! I've never grown one before, so I was worried about super cropping ect but man she handled it well, did I mention I've never grown a photo plant? I do a feed of nutes every 4 days and in between I watering with aquarium water from my oscar tank.
I recently brought a GroCell grow tent combo, that should be here tomorrow, so I'll set that up, veg for another few days under the 240w MH then I'll put the HPS in and start 12/12, can not wait!
The the photos below you can see where I've topped her and super cropped, I also snapped one of the main stems by accident but she recovered from that :smoking:

Attachments

• IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1832.JPG
    IMG_1832.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 154
Update time :smoking:

Today I have good and bad news, the good?
My grow tent kit arrived today, bad news? Not all of it arrived haha, I have everything besides the tent itself.. go figure :finger:
White rhino is looking fabulous nothing to really update, I did take a clone from her first time doing so I hope it turns out fine :yay:
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1858.JPG

I have an actual tent!
Well today has been exciting, the rest of my gear arrived today, so I've been busy pulling the dank den down and setting up the new tent, it's bigger then I realised haha oh well more room = more plants :vibe:
I have a 250watt MH running in a cool tube and man does that make a difference, left it running for an hour and my temps are @ 28 degrees, so I put my lovely lady in and she's loving the extra light, on the other hand my clone trail failed hard, I came home from work this morning to find it shriveled up and dead, it lasted 3 days and over night it just gave up on me, not sure what caused the problem but trail and error I'll get a clone to take root one day, with that being said here's some pictures! :thanks:
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG

Also does anybody know what could of caused this? It's only on this branch no others, to me it looks like the light burnt it, but that's not possible I have tops closer to the light then this branch it has me beat, ideas?? ‭
IMG_1861.JPG
Poor little clone
IMG_1860.JPG

Also I have a few questions about this new setup.
1) what distance should my light be from the canopy? It's 250w MH

2) my grow space is 1x1x2m is a 250watt light enough for this size tent? Is it to much light, or just the right light for this space?

3) can I grow a auto under a HPS? I wouldn't mind dropping a THC bomb seed in with the WR, if I drop it now it'll be ready around the same time as the white rhino.

Many thanks for any info giving on the above questions... PEACE! :baked:

UPDATE TIME- 20/02/2017

Welcome back growers and tokers :shooty:
Time to get you guys up to speed, firstly the new grow area is running like a dream, and my white rhino is loving life, I noticed she sprang back to life within the first 18hr light cycle, side branches and main colas stood up to attention and she started growing again! I did have a feeling she was using every bit of light under the 130w CFL so upgrading was definitely the way to go.

We have preformed further low stress training, I had to train this girl in a rectangle type shape to fit the old cupboard, (pictured below) I have now moved the all branches into a more natural rounded shape, given I now have that extra room. (Left side new, right side ol
IMG_1887.JPG

So early this morning i decided to pull the pin! I couldn't wait any longer to put her into flower, with a quick change of bulbs and a tidy up we're now half way through our 24hr dark period :jointman: she's not as big as I'd like her to be but I wanna get this grow over and done with, man I'm itching to get some autos under the new light! Ive seen autos bigger then her but I think there's enough plant to get me 100grams honestly I have no idea, first time doing a photo strain.. enough talk, time for some Kodak moments.
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG
work of art isn't it?

IMG_1886.JPG

Many tops there is, blue= side branche/ red= main colas

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Sorry about the side ways photos, I have no idea what is going on, tried to rotate them/crop them, and AFN just uploads them side ways regardless :cuss:
Thanks for stopping by! anyone wanna guess the dry weight? Until next Sunday peace out and happy growing guys :bong::vibe:

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 91

2) my grow space is 1x1x2m is a 250watt light enough for this size tent? Is it to much light, or just the right light for this space?

3) can I grow a auto under a HPS? I wouldn't mind dropping a THC bomb seed in with the WR, if I drop it now it'll be ready around the same time as the white rhino.

@budelee can answer the hpd distance. I thought 18 inches in height. I think its big enough for the tent.

Good day bro!! The 250 will be okay for the size tent if you keep em trained to stay short and wide..the 250 HID can be from 12-24 inches or 30-60cm from plant depending on how she takes the heat..there are some members who use the HPS from start to finish with no issues..hope that helps

Back