Grow Room Which AC should I buy ?

snerval

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi happy growers !

During my last grow I faced a severe heat problem.
Ventilation didn't help, heat didn't went out, the only thing that saved me was to stick to VPD chart and inject humidity accordingly.
I'm quite sure that controlling the temp will make my grower life more easy ^^

So I'm wondering if I should use an AC to cool down my lung room, which is rather small (5,25 m2).
Inside this tiny room is my tent, and the used air is evacuated outside (exterior) via duct and a hole in the window.

Does portable AC exist ?
Or should I use the kind with a part outside ?
In this case the output of air from tent and the AC external part would be side by side... is that a problem ?

I never used any of these, any help is welcome !

Well, no one is cooling air in their lung room...
Too bad for me lol.
I guess I'll have to search on the internet, but I would have love to know what you guys use.

The make portable A/C's and window A/C's......are you trying to cool the lung room or the tent? I will probably have to get a portable for my tent so going to be researching in the coming month. I have a window unit in that room which is also my bedroom and to be able to keep temps down in tent I had to keep room too cool for me to be comfortable. So I'll need to pipe a portable,s cooling directly into the tent. The few I've looked at do dehumidifying too and you have to empty drain pan every so often..

The make portable A/C's and window A/C's......are you trying to cool the lung room or the tent? I will probably have to get a portable for my tent so going to be researching in the coming month. I have a window unit in that room which is also my bedroom and to be able to keep temps down in tent I had to keep room too cool for me to be comfortable. So I'll need to pipe a portable,s cooling directly into the tent. The few I've looked at do dehumidifying too and you have to empty drain pan every so often..

Thanks for the input.
My tent being rather small, I'd prefer to cool down the lung room.
Please keep me informed if you come across something portable :)

Thanks for the input.
My tent being rather small, I'd prefer to cool down the lung room.
Please keep me informed if you come across something portable :)
I'm in the US so not sure if applies to you but......Lowes, Home Depot etc. have small window units that are reasonably priced....they would work to cool lung room and since the business end sticks out the window the condensate drips outside...got a 110 volt unit in my bedroom window that works a treat.....just measure window size and buy one that is a little undersized ( inch or two is good)....if you have no window in the room you'll have to go portable type and will have to figure out where to run the exhaust tubing to, plus emptying the drip pan regularly.

I have a Midea U shaped 12k btu window units throughout my home

Very high EER, approaching split systems.

It also has a really good app, and is Alexa ready.

Ok thanks, I'll give a look at this.

I just keep my hvac at a temp that keeps my lung room where it needs to be, so I'm no help with this. Something like a swamp cooler may be what you need.

Back