New Grower when to top/fim ???

EvilScotsman

Eat,sleep,grow,repeat
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstockers AK420
most people ive seen offering advice on top/fim say to do it at the 4th node. im struggling for height so have to do some major lst.im doing 2 x dp/auto ultimate in a 205 nft so as an experiment ill fim one and top the other. really struggling for height tho so thought that going for 3rd node would keep them noticeably shorter? is this a bad idea? just seems to me like it would allow me to keep my 1mx1m space more easily under control? any thoughts folks? : )

Only one way to find out. A fun actually gets a little of two nodes, I feel safe doing it at three. If done right you hey a bit of the fourth. Far as the top goes, you could top at four and tie down.

I thought you weren't supposed to fim or top autos because of the short vegetation period? I'm still learning lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I thought you weren't supposed to fim or top autos because of the short vegetation period? I'm still learning lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
with smaller yeilding autos yes...... just to save the explanations though go google and search auto ultimate 1kg plant. you can pretty much do what you want to these lol.

Last edited:
the only thing thatl be different during the grow for them will be the top/fim so should get a nice comparrison : )

I've topped and lst'd all of my plants so far except one. Currently have 6 going now. I top at the 3rd or forth node. Depending on how healthly the plant looks. Whether the 3rd or 4th shouldn't make a difference in hieght. @budelee has a pretty niiicccee thread dedicated to it where others post thier pics. There are people out here that are kind of trying to break the "you can't do that to autos" myth.

Check it out!
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ular-training-supercropping-by-budelee.54176/

top ur auto between day 14 and 20 of life for best results.3rd node will still bring u a big plant with 6 main dominant branches.u can then create more colas with later lst.topping an auto does not effect yield if done at the correct time.happy growing every1;)

I've topped and lst'd all of my plants so far except one. Currently have 6 going now. I top at the 3rd or forth node. Depending on how healthly the plant looks. Whether the 3rd or 4th shouldn't make a difference in hieght. @budelee has a pretty niiicccee thread dedicated to it where others post thier pics. There are people out here that are kind of trying to break the "you can't do that to autos" myth.

Check it out!
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ular-training-supercropping-by-budelee.54176/
holy shit! who is this guy? @budelee your off your head. you cant do that to autos! haha ya madman. love it! just thoroughly enjoyed my last hour burried in all that.
"those that say it cant be done shouldnt stand in the way of those who are doing it"

holy shit! who is this guy? @budelee your off your head. you cant do that to autos! haha ya madman. love it! just thoroughly enjoyed my last hour burried in all that.
"those that say it cant be done shouldnt stand in the way of those who are doing it"
Amigo!!! Yesyou can top at the third of fourth node.some strains will grow faster than others ,the day 14 that @autobeast mentions is another good guage for when to do it,the sooner it has the 3 or 4 nodes the better.. Good luck and post some pics in my thread,its a HST party over there!! This is a Bomb Seed plant,one of my fav pics..i named her "large Marge"
image.jpeg

Back