LST Day 1 - Day 7. How does she look?

Remove under four, as in amputate. I will defoliate (remove fan leaves) throughout grow, if I cannot bend, tuck or fold away from bud sites.
I like plenty of bud sites and train throughout grow to end up with the anatomy of plant on the right.
Disclaimer: I grow auto flower exclusively.
I really need to believe in myself and start to clean the lower nodes early on. I'm never sure and end up with to many branches (and branches on branches) and leaves, poor light penetration and airflow. The next girls will have to be shaved early on.
I will, probably, bother you with questions later.

I really need to believe in myself and start to clean the lower nodes early on. I'm never sure and end up with to many branches (and branches on branches) and leaves, poor light penetration and airflow. The next girls will have to be shaved early on.
I will, probably, bother you with questions later.

Shave the girls. I'm not touching that one. My reasoning is that the first three nodes are unproductive and waste energy that is better utilized by productive bud sites. I remove under four on every plant I grow and start training as soon as I get a mature 5th node. Usually day 18 from sprout.

Attachments

• Bud sites.jpg
    Bud sites.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • No popcorn.JPG
    No popcorn.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
Shave the girls. I'm not touching that one. My reasoning is that the first three nodes are unproductive and waste energy that is better utilized by productive bud sites. I remove under four on every plant I grow and start training as soon as I get a mature 5th node. Usually day 18 from sprout.
They are beautifull. I ordered a new light to add to my grow, doubling the "ammount of light" i have now. I hope that more light and less unproductive branches and lower bud sites will mean better results.

Remove under four, as in amputate. I will defoliate (remove fan leaves) throughout grow, if I cannot bend, tuck or fold away from bud sites.
I like plenty of bud sites and train throughout grow to end up with the anatomy of plant on the right.
Disclaimer: I grow auto flower exclusively.

This is really interesting, I've never seen this before, but clearly produces amazing results. The end result looks so good.

I ended up snapping one of my lower branches (taped up, seems to have survived), and was a bit gutted. However, it comes from the second node, so seeing this makes me feel A LOT better. I think I'm going to adopt your approach next time and wait a bit longer to LST, and remove everything below the 4th node... really can't argue with your results, and looks like a great method.

Quick question, do you remove below 4 over the course of a few days to avoid stress? I'm finding that with my plant, as long as they are healthy, they can take quite a bit of a beating without slowing down.

Last edited:
This is really interesting, I've never seen this before, but clearly produces amazing results. The end result looks so good.

I ended up snapping one of my lower branches (taped up, seems to have survived), and was a bit gutted. However, it comes from the second node, so seeing this makes me feel A LOT better. I think I'm going to adopt your approach next time and wait a bit longer to LST, and remove everything below the 4th node... really can't argue with your results, and looks like a great method.

Quick question, do you remove below 4 over the course of a few days to avoid stress? I'm finding that with my plant, as long as they are healthy, they can take quite a bit of a beating without slowing down.

I remove over the course of ten seconds, then immediately begin LST by breaking apical dominance. I don't think it stresses or slows down a healthy plant. Last pic is 6 days after node removal

Attachments

• 3-2-1.jpg
    3-2-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • Start Lst.jpg
    Start Lst.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 6 days after node removal..jpg
    6 days after node removal..jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
I remove over the course of ten seconds, then immediately begin LST by breaking apical dominance. I don't think it stresses or slows down a healthy plant. Last pic is 6 days after node removal
Hi there. So i have two new girls tha broke soil a few day ago. I want to try "removing under four" but i have a question. Do you ever cut branches/stems after the first removal? If it seem the new branch is going to get poor lighting or something like that?

Bend, fold, or tuck fans. Remove as last resort. I'll "tenderize" the fans with hemostats in order to easily bend out of the way of bud sites, while
not affecting their light gathering function.

Attachments

• Tenderizing fans.jpg
    Tenderizing fans.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20191005_201904622.jpg
    IMG_20191005_201904622.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
Is there a doctor in the room? :thumbsup:

Back