Extraction WHEN TO DECARB NON SMOKING BUBBLE??

Reaction score
old thread but new to me
I am going to make bubble later this week..... I can not smoke anything due to med restrictions.... and I would like to use the hash in recipes that do not include actually cooking like brownies and cookies...... more like cold deserts and prepared foods that do not use oils or butters...thus leaving be a dilema.....the decarb process will not be done during cooking....the only time I can decarb so the THCA becomes THC is either before the extraction or after it is already hash..... with such fine powder i am not sure heating it up will not melt some off or brun the product so I was wondering if decarb before extraction is my best bet...

Anyone..... Anyone Beuller? Beuller?

old thread but new to me
I am going to make bubble later this week..... I can not smoke anything due to med restrictions.... and I would like to use the hash in recipes that do not include actually cooking like brownies and cookies...... more like cold deserts and prepared foods that do not use oils or butters...thus leaving be a dilema.....the decarb process will not be done during cooking....the only time I can decarb so the THCA becomes THC is either before the extraction or after it is already hash..... with such fine powder i am not sure heating it up will not melt some off or brun the product so I was wondering if decarb before extraction is my best bet...

Anyone..... Anyone Beuller? Beuller?
@MrRay :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:I personally do not like the flavor of flower that is decarbed. It gets a roasted (burnt to me) flavor that I find objectionable.

I do not do combustion.

I press most of my bud into rosin and then decarb in a small borosilicate beaker on a precision hot plate. 252°F for 27 minutes for edibles. You can add an equal amount of coconut oil or cocoa butter to make it easier to handle.

Bubble Hash can be decarbed in the same fashion. It will be an oil when you finish.

Here is a process for making chocolate meds:

I can only speak to tincture and rosin. Before and after respectively

Back