Live Stoners What's your best munchies recipe?

Ozone69

Just some lurker dude
Reaction score
Thought it could be fun to see what some folks like to cook or bake when they get the munchies. Not looking "open and eat" kind of stuff, but stuff you have to make yourself (to at least some degree).

Here's one from me doing a little wake and bake and bake this morning:

Gooey Caramel Monkey Bread:

Ingredients
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 cans Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
10 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
Directions
  • Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray 12-cup fluted tube pan.
  • Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in 1-gallon bag. Separate dough into biscuits; cut each in quarters (a pizza wheel works really well for this).
  • Shake biscuit quarters in bag to coat; place in pan. Sprinkle any extra sugar mixture over biscuits.
  • In 1-quart saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to boiling over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over biscuit quarters.
  • Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Turn upside down; pull apart to serve

001.JPG

I love monkey bread, but its too complicated mid munchie attack!!! I have done something similar tho, take brown sugar and mix it with melted butter, spread the mixture on bread and put on a cookie sheet, place in oven on broil setting, not too close or it will burn, but mid oven and let the radiant heat bubble/brown and crust the sugar mixture over slightly, take out, cool a bit and eat, yummy! Prolly good way to get diabetes too!!!

McD double cheeseburgers plain and a vanilla shake are good too!

Thought it could be fun to see what some folks like to cook or bake when they get the munchies. Not looking "open and eat" kind of stuff, but stuff you have to make yourself (to at least some degree).

Here's one from me doing a little wake and bake and bake this morning:

Gooey Caramel Monkey Bread:

View attachment 456709

Sweet mother of god!!! Are you looking to adopt a middle aged man with an appetite?

You can change my name to diabeto! Man that looks good

I love monkey bread, but its too complicated mid munchie attack!!!

That's why I like this recipe...still pretty easy to make. I've found a few monkey bread from scratch that I'd like to try sometime, but too long to wait for dough to rise when you need food now. Although I do find that with just the right kind of mind high, the kind where you can get that almost OCD level attention to a task that the complicated recipes can be fun to.

Here's another easy one. Works best with a smoker (wood pellet grill is my personal preference if available). But can be done in the oven in a pinch as well.

Pig Candy

Ingredients:
About 1lb of thick sliced bacon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)

Mix pepper and sugar together. Put bacon on a cooking sheet or piece or wax paper. Sprinkle and coat with with the sugar and pepper mix. Put in the smoker at about 325-350 on grilling mat, roasting pan, or directly on the grate (you want the grease to be able to run off) for about 40 minutes or until desired crispness.

The trick is you want to cook the bacon more "low and slow" than frying in a pan to let the sugar and pepper melt into it nicely.

Let cool and enjoy... :smoking:

@Ozone69 I know you don't have kids cause if you did that monkey bread would have been on the floor that close to the edge of the counter.

how about this for something quick when you need food now?
cook up some taco meat put that and some cheese on doritos yumm yumm

Quick and easy nachos...I like it..

If your munchies are running more on the sweet tooth side, but you like to keep it healthy...these are surprisingly better than I expected them to be when I first tried:

2 ingredient cookies

Ingredients:

2 large old bananas
1 cup of oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)

Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick ’em all in the freezer.

Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
-a handful of chocolate chips
-crushed walnut pieces
-cinnamon
-raisins

Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well. The ones in these photos have a handful of chocolate chips, a teaspoon or two or cinnamon, and 1/4ish a cup of crushed walnuts.

We made 16 cookies with those measurements. We cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet. Don’t forget the greased part…. I did once and had to scrub my pan forever.

Easy and yummy.

And don't forget the classic Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe on the bag of chocolate chips. Little more involved, but relatively easy recipe.

Super simple one right here if your any kind of cook you will have most of this already.
Maple Caramel Bacon Crack

Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Treats

Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins

Serves: 6-8

Highly addictive, sweet, smoky and SO easy, this Maple Caramel Bacon Crack is your one-way ticket to flavortown. The four simple ingredients are probably in your pantry right now! Once you go bacon crack, you can't go back.
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. bacon
  • 1 pkg Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • ½ cup maple syrup
  • ¾ cup brown sugar

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and liberally grease the foil with cooking spray. Unroll the crescent rolls into one single plane of dough and pinch any perforations together to seal. Stretch the dough out a little with your hands so it's even. Prick the dough with a fork all over. Set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, cook your bacon. I like cooking mine in a skillet, but you can bake it - whichever you prefer. Cook it until it's technically safe enough to eat and just about done, but still lighter in color and not quite crispy. You don't want it fully cooked and crispy as it will continue to cook in the oven. I pulled mine out of the pan right when they were a medium-pink color. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate.
  3. Drizzle ¼th cup of the maple syrup over the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle with about ¼th cup of the brown sugar. Top with torn pieces of the cooked bacon. Drizzle the remaining maple syrup on top of the bacon pieces, and top with the remaining brown sugar.
  4. Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until bubbling and caramelized. Remove from the oven and allow the pan to come to room temperature or warm to the touch before cutting or breaking into pieces. You can serve this at room temperature or slightly warmed. It tastes best the day of, but can be eaten the next day if stored airtight.

Easy coconut macaroons:

One 3 1/4oz package of Jello Vanilla Pudding
2 2/3 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and drop mixture by teaspoon onto lined cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges start to get nicely brown. Remove and let cool.

Back